Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Debate: Health and Fitness
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

I wonder if this will change anything....

ccrdragonccrdragon Member Posts: 2,981 Member Member Posts: 2,981 Member
Under Armor has given up on MFP:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/under-armour-sells-fitness-app-myfitnesspal

Do you think this will bring any changes around here?
«1

Replies

  • GummiMundiGummiMundi Member Posts: 360 Member Member Posts: 360 Member
    @middlehaitch Thanks for sharing the email! (I checked but I didn't receive one).
  • lynn_glenmontlynn_glenmont Member Posts: 8,767 Member Member Posts: 8,767 Member
    This is how Francisco Partners (a private equity firm that focuses on tech companies) describes their general approach on their website.


    "We provide transformational capital to technology companies facing strategic or operational inflection points."

    I recognize a few of the companies they've invested in, but don't know enough about them to have an opinion on what Francisco Partners did with them once they acquired them. The ones I recognized actually sell products and services, rather than selling users' eyeballs, but it's possible some or many of the ones I don't recognize are more in the MFP eyeball-selling model.

    It will be interesting to see what they do.
  • B_Plus_EffortB_Plus_Effort Member, Premium Posts: 311 Member Member, Premium Posts: 311 Member
    YES, when ever a big fish swallows a small fish the development comes to a halt, they just want to maximize profits and R&D is non existent
  • L1zardQueenL1zardQueen Member Posts: 8,726 Member Member Posts: 8,726 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Wonder what they'll do with the forum. You think they'll streamline it down to just the bare bones? That would be sad.

    Just chit/chat. Yeppers
  • Diatonic12Diatonic12 Member Posts: 32,351 Member Member Posts: 32,351 Member
    @L1zardQueen They're getting rid of chitchat or only keeping chitchat? You're kidding me, yes? :#

    Wonder if they'll conduct a survey. I bet you have some ideas. Heckatoot, we all do.
    edited October 2020
  • Diatonic12Diatonic12 Member Posts: 32,351 Member Member Posts: 32,351 Member
    @muszyngr Did you hear that? Your fave stays. :D Only chitchat and absolutely no adult conversations ever again. o:) I know how much you like them but they're outta here.
    edited October 2020
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 7,051 Member Member Posts: 7,051 Member
    Egads, don't take chitchat away. :( I'd have to go in search of a new home.
  • dandurdandur Member Posts: 266 Member Member Posts: 266 Member
    OH NO! Don't take fun and games away either! Wherever will I find a forum with nothing but "Does/will/how/would.... the person above?" and "Add a word/drop a word" on page after page after page after page....
    edited November 2020
  • threewinsthreewins Member Posts: 864 Member Member Posts: 864 Member
    Although the article says it's 200 million users, I have trouble believing it's that high. That's probably the number of people who ever signed up, some people would have multiple email addresses over the years. Plus the inevitable sign up after Christmas and stop using it after a few weeks.
  • kshama2001kshama2001 Member Posts: 24,074 Member Member Posts: 24,074 Member
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    Under Armor has given up on MFP:

    https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/under-armour-sells-fitness-app-myfitnesspal

    Do you think this will bring any changes around here?

    Interesting:

    "Under Armour... bought MyFitnessPal for $475M and five years later is reportedly selling it for $345M"
  • kshama2001kshama2001 Member Posts: 24,074 Member Member Posts: 24,074 Member
    Very interesting. It would be awesome if the new owner actually was interested in investing some resources in MFP.

    But but but we have badges now!
  • angelexperimentangelexperiment Member Posts: 1,904 Member Member Posts: 1,904 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Wonder what they'll do with the forum. You think they'll streamline it down to just the bare bones? That would be sad.

    No I don’t think so
  • mtaratootmtaratoot Member, Premium Posts: 6,299 Member Member, Premium Posts: 6,299 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    Under Armor has given up on MFP:

    https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/under-armour-sells-fitness-app-myfitnesspal

    Do you think this will bring any changes around here?

    Interesting:

    "Under Armour... bought MyFitnessPal for $475M and five years later is reportedly selling it for $345M"

    Well, maybe they just were successful at "weight" loss????

    You do realize that WE are the product.
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 7,051 Member Member Posts: 7,051 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Very interesting. It would be awesome if the new owner actually was interested in investing some resources in MFP.

    But but but we have badges now!

    We don't need no stinkin' badges.
    Just give us our chitchat!
  • Dogmom1978Dogmom1978 Member Posts: 1,589 Member Member Posts: 1,589 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    Under Armor has given up on MFP:

    https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/under-armour-sells-fitness-app-myfitnesspal

    Do you think this will bring any changes around here?

    Interesting:

    "Under Armour... bought MyFitnessPal for $475M and five years later is reportedly selling it for $345M"

    Well, maybe they just were successful at "weight" loss????

    You do realize that WE are the product.

    The only ones who are the product are the ones who pay for premium. I have and always will continue to use the free version. If the new owners charge for everything, then I’m OUT!
Sign In or Register to comment.