November 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    @hamsterwheel6 Hugs for your sprained ankle. I hope it gets well enough to run on soon!

@Avidkeo Beautiful pictures and sounds like a perfect weekend! Yeah for the 20 minute, pain free run too!

• hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Camaramandy648 and @quilteryoyo ...it’s not as swollen today. I twisted it inward so the side of the big toe and underneath (arch). Able to walk better now, so maybe another day or so.
    Great pics @Avidkeo
    @HonuNui Yes! Love that. Lol
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo beautiful pictures! I'm sure it's 1000x better in person, too.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @hamsterwheel6 Glad your ankle is feeling some better already. Hope it continues to heal quickly.

@katharmonic Being in the woods probably made it a little bit darker than if you hadn't been in the woods. I highly dislike the early dark days too. Great job on getting in your run/walk.

@marisap2010 Stupid Garmin. What does he know anyway?! I say Great job on a faster than normal time!

@rheddmobile Oh no! Hope he has good insurance.

Great timing on the rest day @Tramboman ! It's sunny here, but wind chill is supposed to be in the mid-30's today. I don't do well with a cold wind. Yeah for new shoes too!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    sigh, covid scare. i had to quarantine after one of my students found out someone at his work had covid. and one of my students come in contact with someone who had it. so....
    got my test, negative. but i have a cold.
    one day, i'll make it to a group run. this morning was not that day.
    weather has turned to winter weather. Speed Demon is not thrilled.
    dup3i135rmad.png
    qgjk6q23sfmw.png

I still have Bob the doberman. My dogs are totally done with this foster. He's sweet, not smart, and an obstinate teenager. He's lucky he gives such good snuggles.
    1cbdces1g18g.png
    7e0a23aphtn4.png
    bm72o9pecb8p.png

Cute dog sweater though! Glad your test was negative.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Nice run @polskagirl01 ! Don't we all run so we can eat what we want? Wish I had an area like that to run in.

@mbaker566 Glad your test came back negative. Bob is adorable. Poor Speed Demon. Tippy loves the colder weather.

@Camaramandy648 Glad you had a good run. You are awesome for all you do.

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman enjoy the rest day and then new shoes day!

@rheddmobile with a truck like that I can only hope he has decent insurance, but still, man...

Today was long run day and I took it slow - to the same forest I drove to yesterday, through the forest and then back, checking out a bunch of side paths, most of which turned out to be difficult to walk on, let alone run. It was slow, but my longest run this year (29k) and I'm not even sure why I'm going so long when I'm not training for anything. I did mostly enjoy it, though... and I've been in a deficit trying to lose a couple of pesky kg and now I can have fish & chips today and still stay on track.

A couple of pictures:
    zedrwcmiwquf.jpg
    kwdcz7fvc76j.jpg
    1u5od3e0lw4m.jpg
    November Goal - 100 Miles

exercise.png

Is that a hunting blind?
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    11/1 26.48 miles, 916 Days on the run, 98 days HM+ streak
    11/2 26.45 miles
    11/3 15.3 miles, 100 days HM+ streak
    11/4 15.04 miles
    11/5 18.2 miles, 920 Days on the run
    11/6 17.24 miles
    11/7 18.13 miles
    11/8 17.24 miles, 105 days HM+ streak
    11/9 18.41 miles
    11/10 15.33 miles, 925 Days on the run
    11/11 17.15 miles
    11/12 13.3 miles
    11/13 15.08 miles, 110 days HM+ streak
    11/14 18.08 miles
    11/15 13.29 miles, 930 Days on the run
    11/16 13.32 miles
    11/17 13.23 miles
    Tramboman wrote: »

Mid 30s F and snowing hard this morning, but it doesn't matter 'cause it's REST DAY!!!!! @Alphahowls doesn't know what she's missing!!!
    AND...tomorrow will be NEW SHOES DAY!!!!!
    Does it get any better than this???

The actual thought of not being able to run sends me into a panic/anxiety attack.

There's a significant difference between ability and choice!