Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    $
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    Beth I am so sorry. Does he have a replacement? Her paperwork should still be there. It might be time to consult a lawyer to get action.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Flea-sorry for loss.
    Allie-glad you are safely at your next stop.
    Beth-I am speechless over the treatment of your son.
    Terri-you are just so positive and supportive.
    Heather-happy anniversary.

Only worked half a day today. I know I will do some odds and ends over the weekend. Got an email notifying me of another staff member positive and decided to stop by store and go to gym. Picked up a couple of needed/wanted items at Meijer. Will go to Kroger early tomorrow to get fresh fruit and veggies. Just did a bit of bike and treadmill at gym (trying to not irritate my current situation). Was good to get out of house.

Our county health board put out a stay at home advisory for the next month. It is not an order, but more a reminder we should only go out for needed things. Our hospital is almost at capacity. Our positivity rate is currently 11.5. Our deaths are now over 100. Sadly many of those are from nursing home outbreaks, but we are starting to see increase in non-nursing homes also.

Order more Christmas presents tonight. I may be nearly done with my youngest son and his girlfriend. Need to finalize the Arizona crew. Haven't got lists from step son's family-will bug DIL next week.

No big plans for weekend-can't do much! Have some rain moving in but should be able to get outside for a couple of walks.

Stay safe all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Allie... thinking of you... Hugs.

Betsy NW WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Allie - hugs to you.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Allie ... praying for you!!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Betsy – prayers for your sister

Been wearing the boot almost all day. Sad to say, I think I’m going to have to sideline exercise for the time being. I guess after we get back from Iowa I can do strength training since probably the only thing I will avoid will be lunges

Vickymva – welcome!

The kid who tested positive now has tested negative. Maybe Denise is just using this as an excuse not to come here. Whatever….. Yes, it breaks my heart. But isn’t that what parenting is all about?

Allie – praying for you. It’s great that you’ll be home by Thanksgiving. Now don’t you go crazy making a T day dinner, ya hear? You can just order a dinner from a food store. It’ll be OK.

Talked to Jess tonight. Since Denise said she wasn’t coming, Jess will go to Idaho on the 19th and come back on the 26th. She said that she didn’t mind spending New Years here, which surprised me. I’ll probably make a cake and take it out there with me. Last year we had to go to the store and bought one. That’ll be one less trip to the store, plus it’ll save them money they spent on the cake. OK, it wasn’t a whole lot. So have the icing defrosting in the freezer. Actually, I want to get that icing out of the freezer and make room for other things. Sweet potatoes are on sale 29 cents/pound so I’m going to get some. They can be frozen, too.

Well, beddy bye is calling. Sad that I probably won’t exercise tomorrow.

Michele NC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    :)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: dogs to powerline, take BP, return stove guy’s call, typed hymns.
    Bonus: 43 mins vacuuming, prepped two chairs for donating, started learning Nothing but You.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, FINISH cleaning Aunt Elsie’s stove, line dance at the port, email info to grantwriter, watch STAS Day 17, submit grant pics and receipts, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Sleeping with the Devil, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs. Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments
    19: Broaden your perspective, read a different paper, magazine or website: Aha. When I let Joe know the stove repair guy had called to schedule installing the parts he fixed, Joe was surprised but glad. He said something like “that’s the kind of deal where the guy has a heart attack and your stuff goes to the dump.” Now I understand. Not just a default position of “people will steal from you” (antique oven guts???) but that *kitten* happens. Especially when you procrastinate, Barbara!
    20 make a meal using a recipe or ingredient you’ve never tried before: hmm time to try curried lentils?”

Lisa “…final exhale of each bacteria as they expire” Hold that thought! Sending good vibes for the kidney test and praying the edema dissipates overnight.
    Michele, in cases per 1,000,000 people, Iowa is number 3-nearly twice the US average. Idaho is number 7. More populated states like NY, CA and TX are lower on the scale. Oregon is not a heavily populated state, we are 47th in cases per million, thanks to our Governor’s taking tough actions early and often, despite pushback from rural politicos. Will you travel through Tennessee, Missouri and Illinois? All 3 have more than the average cases per million. In this link, scroll down to the table by state, and sort by the Tot cases/1 M pop column. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
    Both Iowa and Illinois have statewide mask mandates as well other restrictions, e.g. grocery store capacity, outdoor dining. If it were me, I’d stay home and FaceTime or Zoom Thanksgiving. Hope your foot feels better fast and your trip is safe.
    Katla I’d like your surgery lights but brightness pains Joe’s eyes so I limit where and when I indulge… ;) Justifiably proud I’d say!
    Betsy in NW WA ((hugs)) and prayers.
    Margaret Drew’s expression says it all! ;)
    Allie how were you transported to Yale? How long did it take? Hope you did get a bite to eat and are able to rest. Surgery tomorrow then home by Thanksgiving? Glad you are getting such expert and quick care!
    Beth do you have any way of contacting that former care coordinator/advocate privately?
    Welcome @vickymva in Trinidad and Tobago!
    Terri your poem and Rebecca’s encouragement were just what the doctor ordered.. Thanks!
    Ginny in OH are people abiding by the stay at home advisory?
    Machka was that a Norman Rockwell?
    Tracey can’t wait to hear puppy-sitting stories!

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    November: better than October.
    daily: sit with Joe: 19, weigh: 20, steps>5491=5716 vits=20 log=20 CI<CO=17 CI<250<CO=9 Tumble & Shadow 5=20 mfp=20 outside=17 up hill=16
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=0 rx=3 dance=1 clean 30 mins=8.5
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=1 20for20=0
    bonus: AF=13 play=0 sew=0
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,267 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Blood test results back and the receptionist scared the life out of me by sending a text asking me to schedule a "same day" appointment to see the doctor. Thus means you gave to ring at 8.15 am and find you can't get through! Grrrrrr! Other appointments take weeks. Grrrrrr!
    I will try on Monday morning, but may have to wait until Tuesday and try again.
    Of course that set off alarm in me, but I am signed up to see all my records and results on line, so I went in and saw that my liver tests for drinking alcohol were completely normal. :D The one for serum % transferin (could have that name wrong) is slightly low, borderline. 23%. So nothing desperate, or urgent. Phew!
    So, my serum ferritin is a bit high from before and the iron a bit low. This could be genetic, haemochromatosis, or some kind of inflammation, acute, or chronic like autoimmune. My rheumatoid levels were normal.
    It could stil, be the thing I thought it was , autoimmune Sjogren's Syndrome, or just a familial thing.
    Anyway, I am not panicking, but I am not impressed by the way they send out scary texts. :#

Good luck Allie! <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Michele, in cases per 1,000,000 people, Iowa is number 3-nearly twice the US average. Idaho is number 7. More populated states like NY, CA and TX are lower on the scale. Oregon is not a heavily populated state, we are 47th in cases per million, thanks to our Governor’s taking tough actions early and often, despite pushback from rural politicos. Will you travel through Tennessee, Missouri and Illinois? All 3 have more than the average cases per million. In this link, scroll down to the table by state, and sort by the Tot cases/1 M pop column. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
    Both Iowa and Illinois have statewide mask mandates as well other restrictions, e.g. grocery store capacity, outdoor dining. If it were me, I’d stay home and FaceTime or Zoom Thanksgiving. Hope your foot feels better fast and your trip is safe.
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

Me too!

We've had no cases in Tasmania at all in over 100 days, and few cases anywhere else in Australia, yet I am reluctant to travel anywhere in Australia outside of Tasmania and for the most part we're still limiting contact with other people.

But perhaps we're more risk aversive. :)

M in Oz

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

Michelle, is your journey really necessary? And I think Denise is being very sensible by not wanting to put her family ar risk.