WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Denise called. She's not coming down for Christmas. Said she's too freaked out about this C-19 stuff. I do believe she's freaked out. One of the children at her daycare tested positive. I forgot to ask her if she got tested. I would think that everyone there should be tested and then tested on a regular basis. I don't know, we're planning to leave Monday for Iowa.

Michele NC
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Good evening all:

Just returned from our drive through food pantry tonight. Not sure yet how many served but it was quite steady.It all went very smoothly tonight. We had an adequate numberofhelper. It was good to see some of the regulars. Luckily it started off around 60 degrees but windy. Cooled off as evening wore on but to too bad. I dressed just right for it.

Allie-glad they are moving along with tests. Easier to deal with things when you know what you are looking at exactly. Sounds like they are being very thorough.

Julie-good to hear you are making progress on school issues.

Two more staff tested for covid today. Staff member who went to ER last night did not have to stay. Gave her some breathing treatments and a mega dose of steroids. She did bit of work from home today (I think to help her think of something else). We let staff who are positive and work from home use their own judgement about amount they work. We cover up to 80 hours of leave time before they have to tap into their leave banks.

Have staff pulling together budget for next year. I will review it. Want them to know process for when I retire some time next year. I have talked with Business Administrator about basics, she is following basic layout as past so should be pretty close to right but I will clarify fine points.

Looking forward to weekend and getting some more stuff done. I am getting different areas organized. Actually, I have done a series of these steps the last couple of years. I clear what I can at one time and go back to the stuff and decide on more, if that makes sense.

Going to take my vitamins and get ready for bed.

Stay safe all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Allie - dropped in to see how you were doing - thanks for keeping us posted, girlie. Thinking about you!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :)Allie, Thanks for keeping us informed about your treatments, tests, and progress.

:)Tracey, It has been making me sad that there are so many foolish people in the US and now you tell me that there are similar people in Canada. I am grateful that I have so few people to talk to. It limits the annoying things I hear.

:) Jake is happy with his new haircut and happy that he could dodge tricky topics when talking to the stylist while she cut his hair.

:)<3Katla, I'm sorry that the darker days are a problem to you. I love the shorter days and especially being able to take walks in the dark when no one else is out so I don't have to stop and make conversation.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I think Sams and Albertsons had CoVid outbreaks so closed.
    RvRita
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Of course ladies you are part of my life ,so have to share life experiences with you ,good and bad..
    Well going to glug down rest of my water and get some sleep until they come harrass me for vitals again.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    /
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :'(<3Flea
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Went to the eye doctor today- knew it had been a while but didn't realize until she checked my chart that it had been four years since I have been there-since my second cataract surgery.
    Good news is, my eyes haven't changed so just ordered sun glasses
    Bad news- she found a small tear in my retina and is sending me over to Kaiser to have them look at it- see if they want to laser it or just keep an eye on it. She thinks that is what caused the floaters I have been dealing with.
    Went and did our weekly shopping. Usually it is super easy shopping, no crowds but today was crazy, like shopping on a Saturday. At least we are done for the week and maybe even next week(already got everything I think we will need for Thanksgiving and if not, husband can get it at his store) We will go to the Mexican market- small avocados for 4 for $1.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Flea ... very sorry that you've had to say goodbye to your pup. Tears are just a part of it regardless of your age. My 21 year old sobbed in my arms last summer when we lost his beloved Zeke.
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Flea: 😢😢😢 My heart goes out to you and your family.

Allie: Get well soon. 🙏🏽💐🙏🏽💐🙏🏽💐

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Our pup is gone. :cry:

We are trying to think of all the goofy things he did and how much we loved him. But it is still really sad. I think my 14 year old has been crying for a couple hours now.

I am thankful, however, that he was sick when he was and not at some other time. The whole time he has been sick, because of the pandemic, someone has been home with him. Lately, most of us are home much of the time, so he has not lacked for watchful eyes and snuggles.

It is such a privilege to be there at his last breath. Very hard, but I am thankful that we had that opportunity.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

so sorry!! Remember all the amazing times.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Debbie I had a torn retina a few years ago and had it repaired as soon as I could I did not want to risk a detached retina which requires even more intensive intervention. The retinologist told me if it would detach I would not see as well out of that eye.

(((Flea)))

Reading a book I got from the library titled Beating the Flu. I got it because I wanted to know if there was more I could do to keep well. I found it an interesting read. It is motivating me to be watching my diet better and to eat even more fruits and veggies so I can strengthen my immune system.

:heart: Margaret
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Denise called. She's not coming down for Christmas. Said she's too freaked out about this C-19 stuff. I do believe she's freaked out. One of the children at her daycare tested positive. I forgot to ask her if she got tested. I would think that everyone there should be tested and then tested on a regular basis. I don't know, we're planning to leave Monday for Iowa.

Michele NC

How do you feel about travelling. It's quite a distance, isn't it? Lots of contact with people at service stations, restaurants, etc.?

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Michele: Sending good thoughts for Denise. I hope she stays healthy. Children in daycare who come down with CoVid are not only in a bad situation for themselves, but they can infect other children. We live in scary times. :flowerforyou:

Allie: I am so happy that you made it through the procedure. I hope the next steps get you feeling better each day. :star:.

Tracy: I’m sorry your cousin angered you. Too many people blurt out what they think is best for others. :ohwell: “You should” are two words that I find very irritating unless I have asked for advice. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: In years past the long dark days of winter were really difficult for me. We’ve done a lot of light bulb changing and can make our home daylight bright if we need a mood boost. :smiley:

(((Flea))): I’m so sorry for the loss of your beloved pup. :heart:

Rori: It is so good to see you posting! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Our pup is gone. :cry:

We are trying to think of all the goofy things he did and how much we loved him. But it is still really sad. I think my 14 year old has been crying for a couple hours now.

I am thankful, however, that he was sick when he was and not at some other time. The whole time he has been sick, because of the pandemic, someone has been home with him. Lately, most of us are home much of the time, so he has not lacked for watchful eyes and snuggles.

It is such a privilege to be there at his last breath. Very hard, but I am thankful that we had that opportunity.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

:(<3