WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• stephtra49
    stephtra49 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You all are in my thoughts & prayers 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼! As a nurse I understand all the health issues. I wish the COVID would just go away & life back to normal. Stay safe & stay Positive.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    Options
    :) We had a great plan this morning to get out early and go to Costco the minute they opened for senior hours, grab the five things on our list and get out. Then go to the bank and go through the drive through to get some cash, they take glass to recycling, and end up at the library to get a book at the curbside pickup. Just before I got home from walking the dogs, the power went out. We decided to go out anyway in case the power outage didn't reach all the way into town. The whole town was without power so we dropped off the glass recycling and came home. Just as I was making a plan of what to do without electricity, the power came back on but it was too late to go early to Costco so we stayed home. In the afternoon when Jake went for his 2PM haircut appointment, he found the salon was closed. Tomorrow the dogs are scheduled for grooming but we have no way to be sure if they will be open or not.

<3Allie, you have strong faith and a good family support. How great that the doctors finally found out what was wrong and will be able to fix things for you.

:) We'll just keep taking life one day at a time.

<3 Barbie
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Allie ... lifting you up in prayer.... hugs.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Fae – that’s what I thought! But those three things at the top are what threw me off. How do you display them I wonder? To put them on a fan? Just two blades? I could understand four, but two??? How do you hang them with those screw-things at top?

Just got back from them doc’s. what I said felt like a plantar wart he doesn’t think is a wart. Now I do remember years back when I had one you could see a tiny black dot where the wart was, and there isn’t one this time. He thinks it’s more of a callous so he’s sending me to a podiatrist. He think the callous is due to one of my toes bending (the callous is on the ball of my foot). What he thinks they’ll do is first try making a splint to keep the toe straight or possibly make an orthotic (this is going to be a pain) where where the callous is would be cut out. I guess we shall see what happens

As far as the pain in my back, since it’s not so bad that I need to take any kind of pain reliever, his basic feeling is “if that’s the only ache you have at 65, you’re doing pretty good”. I guess that’s true. So my take is “live with it”

Making sugar cookies right now to take to Jess’ next week. I'll also take her some sourdough

Now that I finished the puzzle next on the agenda is to write out the Christmas cards (you don’t have to remind me that it isn’t even Thanksgiving yet). Vince has some totes from Christmas ornaments to go back in the garage until after Christmas.

Allie – I agree with Heather. Bad as it is, at least they found it and it’s something that can be fixed. Like Lisa said, ask for help. Sweetheart, please, please, please take care of yourself. It’s a real good thing you went to the ER when you did. Prayers being sent your way

Got my pneumonia shot (I get the next one next year). It’s sore at the injection point, but I’ll live. I know it’ll get better and better

Carol GA – I hope that shot works for you

Cathy TX – kimchi is also supposed to be good like yogurt. Also PM'd you

Tracey – Vince likes to watch “the curse of Oak Island”. I watched it a few times and to me it was stupid. Too much trying to guess what something is or isn’t and not enough of real facts. I got bored with it.

Found out today that my doc is also on the board at the soup kitchen where I volunteer. I didn’t know this. He seems to be very community oriented. I know last year he was an officer in the Newton Kiwanis

Going to go rest, maybe read some on my tablet. Just want to rest this arm and my foot.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Allie))): Sending prayers and good wishes for a strong recovery. <3<3<3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    catching up is hard! just started page 50
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: dogs to powerline
    Bonus: 15 mins vacuuming, made corned beef hash, listened to R.
    Get to do: take BP, watch STAS Day 17, submit grant pics and receipts, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Sleeping with the Devil, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; weed drive again, finish weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs. Next Wednesday minutes to history. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments
    New Ways November
    17: Try a new way to practice self-care and be kind to yourself. Leslie Sansome 5 minute walks x 3 ;)

What the heck did I do all day? Pfft it’s gone ;}

Carol hoping the shot gives you relief and the tests show something easily treated.
    Lisa Please thank Corey for me. Will definitely check out Frogg Toggs. Coos Bay is only 2 hrs north and only a little rainey-er than we are. Sure hope the rx arrives today!
    Lanette if only people would listen and comply :{
    Heather great words of encouragement to Allie. Well done! How are you? Any news about those test results?
    Michele could you string fishline through the middle hole and tie to some kind of hanger, like a mobile? Liked Rebecca's idea about the thermometer.
    Suzanne in Ont Well done on braving the weather for your walk.
    Rita I’ve had OMRONs in the past too, but sure never paid $83 for them !!! SMH at that price.
    Allie MEGA ((hugs)) Praying hard. As long as you feel up to it, please let us know when the tests and surgery will happen. You have been through so much, maybe this is Heaven’s way of saying “Take a break, Allie!”
    Sue in WA what kind of dog is yours? Our doublecoated Skye is no fan of her raincoat but loves the rain. Makes for a messy entrance area inside ;)
    Cathy seems I’ve heard that leafy greens feed the good gut bugs.
    Tracey you are so right, have no intention of attending the soup suppers. Haven’t even been going to church or council meetings in person, thank goodness for Livestream and Zoom. So sorry to hear of the outbreak at work. It IS sad and scary. :cry:

Am I missing Fae? Or did I just sleepily scroll past?

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    November: better than October.
    daily: sit with Joe: 17, weigh: 17, steps>5491=5801 vits=17 log=17 CI<CO=15 CI<250<CO=7 Tumble & Shadow 5=17 mfp=17 outside=14 up hill=14
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=0 rx=3 dance=1 clean 30 mins=6.5
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=1 20for20=0
    bonus: AF=10 play=0 sew=0
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Well there is one good thing about lasix ive lost 2.5 lbs in 24 hr period..
    And darn it i have to spong bathe.. oh well .
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @Machka9
    Beautiful picture!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Allie - sending prayers your way. As others have said, so glad they found what the problem was and are set up to fix it.

Michele - Cathy's pedometer looks neat. If you decide to get one like I have, I've had it for nearly a year and haven't had to change the battery yet. Changing it is easy, there's a little door on the back of it held by a teensy screw and they even send a teensy screwdriver for the job!

Regarding the C-19:
    I ran across a small study - Lancet Pre-print regarding Quercetin and Vit C for prophylactic benefit: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3682517 Just something to look into if interested. I'd read anecdotal reports of Quercetin and zinc effectiveness at boosting resistance and/or speeding up recovery from this virus, glad to see studies about it being published.

Cathy - like Margaret, I also drink a bit of Kombucha each day. Plus sauerkraut. A bit of red wine or red grapes are good. Resistant starch (cold cooked potatoes & rice, oatmeal) keeps gut microbes happy but probably wouldn't fit into the keto plan? Check out Tim Spector for gut microbiome info if you haven't already.

Carol - praying the shot in the shoulder does the job!

Stay healthy!

Lanette B)
    Wet SW WA State
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Michele I think you meant your fan comments to Flea

Carol I once had the shots in my shoulder and elbows, but now use Diclofenac Sodium Gel. It works great and hasn't the side effects of steroid injections. The steroid shots every 6 months caused my cataracts to progress rapidly and made it impossible for the eye doc to see glaucoma until the cataracts were removed.

Lanette I could never get anywhere close to an accurate step and mileage measure using my bra as a holder. My most accurate is in the little "watch" side pocket in my stretch mom jeans. I used to have my key and meter on a silver holder I made that clipped over my bra so they hung in between my paltry cleavage. It was really easy to remove with T-shirts and super easy with tanks. I still keep my key there unless I wear a turtleneck.

Barbara You didn't miss my posts as I haven't made any lately because current events have my panties in a painful twist. The holidays have been hard for me for the last 50 years. I have always looked forward to the New Year, but this coming year I see nothing good happening.

Allie I have been worried about you for some time. I have seen way too many caring people like you helping others even though it creates hardships and stress for them, develop serious health issues. You are lucky that you went in when you did. Any major surgery is scary, but it sounds like you will have the best doctors that have done this procedure successfully many times. Sending you good energy and I hope this will open a new door to your good health and fitness and also maybe a career change. You will always be a caring person, but now Allie must come first. Stay strong girl!

Sue Yes goats are a calming factor with horses as well as weed and brush control. I haven't had goats for 40 years and I am amazed at all the new breeds. Your goats look like a Toggenburg French Alpine mix. Those were my favorite breeds.

Cathy If I looked as nice as you, I also would probably live in leggings and sports bras. I still have my very lightweight nylon/spandex long sleeve Lole jacket that I would use in warm weather to go shopping even out to eat. SKINS leggings, a custom made racerback sports bra, and my light Lole jacket and I was good to go. I even wore this outfit to one of my old neighbors' outdoor funeral. I was young then in my early 60's. He told me one time I should wear it to his funeral, so I did.

Fae slowly getting her panties untwisted near the river where the mighty sturgeon still swim