WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments!

To add to my frustrations/anxiety/depression.....they closed our Sams Club today for 2 weeks along with the best grocery store in town, Albertsons. And all other non-essential businesses until Nov. 2.

I was going to go to Walmart out of necessity yesterday but there was a line the whole length of the store outside with an hour wait to get in so I went to Sams. Had to wait there too but was first in line. Only 75 people allowed in at a time. Thankfully I used the ‘scan and go’ app so didn’t have to talk to or come close to anyone. But still concerned because they closed it today and I was there yesterday.

We do have another grocery store available but staying away as long as we can!

New Mexico will be one of the states testing out the Schiff’s vaccine for distribution. No shots available but testing storage and distribution processes. So progress on that.

Made Keto chocolate chip cookies for first time yesterday which were a success!

RvRita
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @Ginny giving kids and seeing them appreciated sounds wise and fun.

@Barbara how was the stroll?
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    @Annie, I'm so sorry you have to miss your BD weekend. :'(

@Allie, all my condolences for your friend passing.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    (((Allie)))) My thoughts going to you for healthy speedy recovery.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    @Snowflake, I'm so sorry there is a case at work.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    (((Lisa)))
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    I'm washed out. So tiring. Working (teaching and related work) and doing workers' rights stuff. The latter is moving along. The minister confirmed receipt of letter and said she's looking into it, not to us but to a senator who sent it to one of us. Check. The national union contacted one of theirs who came to our meeting, and she put forth one our major demands to present in meeting with ministry. Check. We had a small meeting with her and worked on our other demand and how to work with it. Check.

But when day is over I just collapse.

Ah now a colleague is calling me. A bit complicated, uselessly long call. 39 minutes, finishing at 20 past 8PM!

Sending out good thoughts to you all.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    Allie - Hope things go smoothly today with the procedure. It will be nice to get it over with so you can eat and drink. Glad they are protecting your kidneys.

Katla - I have a hard time getting out of bed on these dark cloudy mornings and DD and I have to do evening chores with headlamps.

Barbara - I have a labradoodle. She leans toward the lab side. She is chocolate with a coat that is more wavy than curly but it is heavy and once wet takes forever to dry out. Normally she goes outside with me when I go out to feed horses and goats. When it is raining I make her wear the raincoat. She is pretty certain that it is impossible to squat or sit while wearing it.

Everyone take care Sue in WA

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Allie--WOW!!! You are lucky you went to the hospital and they found the problem. Sending lots of prayers and hugs. How far away is this hospital they are transfering you to?.

Rita--love the Christmas masks. Christmas is coming so fast.

Flea--So sorry about your fur baby. It's not easy saying Goodby, but you are doing what is best for him.

Heather--Happy Anniversary. 16years. I know we had our 36th last month and when I look back I don't know where the time has gone.

Another long day. I a working 12 hours today. Have 2 interviews this afternoon. I just want someone who wants to work and shows up when scheduled.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Leif moved off my lap, so I have both hands available.

So, the appointment is at 4:00. Two people can come in, so my oldest son and I decided to be with him. As I thought more about it, the other three in the household might not want to be there anyway, so since the vet will allow two family members with masks and social distancing (from the vet staff), I decided we would just do it there.

My oldest son struggled a little with the idea, and when I first told him about the appointment, he wanted to delay it to tomorrow or Saturday, but he is coming around to the fact that it should be today.

Allie -- I hope your procedure goes well.

Rita -- Sorry for the shut down and closures. So far here, stores are still open, but operating at 75% capacity.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    -
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did an Advanced Strength DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Amy Dixon’s Breathless Body DVD.

Allie
    – so glad to hear about the negative COVID test. I’m sure the people at the hosp. are, too.

Lisa – glad to hear you got the med. Sure took them long enough!

Mlivermore – welcome! What part of VA are you from?

CurvieCalorie – what a great loss!

Heather – happy anniversary

Mrsbfe and stephtra – congrats!

Rita
    – how could a grocery store be considered a non-essential? What is their logic? Our WalMart used to have this thing outside that you had to walk around and they used to have someone counting how many people are in the store. Not any more. One time I had to wait (but not long) to get into our Sam’s but not anymore

M – thanks for the links. I wish she hadn’t painted on both sides. I see some great ideas but not for something that’s painted on both sides. With the dragonflies you need 4 blades and I only have 2. Pictures for each season, one on one side, one on the other

Worked this morning then exercised. I think I may have stressed the top of my foot because it hurts every time I bend it (like when you’re walking). I had this boot from when I broke my foot years ago so I put that on just to see if it would help. It’ll cause me not to bend my foot like when I’m walking downstairs.

Made chocolate bran muffins. The original recipe calls for low fat brownie mix. I have a hard time finding it, I can only get it off WalMart.com and then I have to get 6 boxes. So I’m trying using regular brownie mix. The main difference that I can see is that the low fat mix uses less oil. There’s one other additive to the regular brownie mix that has nothing to do with fat. So we shall see how it goes

Vince is now putting the ornaments on the tree for the living room. He still needs to put them on the trees downstairs. I really should get to putting the ornaments on the tree in the kitchen so that it’ll be all ready for popcorn.

Flea – thinking of you

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 23min 6sec, 3,35ap, 89ahr, 115mhr, 8.16mi= 823c
    Strava app = 988c
    Zwift bike trainer- 30.19min, 141ahr, 163mhr, 180elev, 21.5amph, 10.85mi= 319c
    Strava app = 276c

Total cal 1142
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We’re staying home today except for a little grocery shopping. Chatted with our daughter about Christmas gifts for our grandchildren. It was a good collaboration. 🎄