WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Lanette – what I’m looking for is a pedometer/time of day (watch)/gives calories burned. Right now I’m looking at the Realalt 3D pedometer. I’d like something that I can just put in my pocket. See, on some of my pants, the pockets aren’t very deep so a cell phone just barely fits. I don’t care for the way the Fitbit looks, I think all of them are on the wrist and that’s just never appealed to me. I’m afraid (because this happened to me once) that if I have something that clips onto the waist, I will lose it. I just looked at the link you gave. Hey! That’s the same one I’m looking at!!!! GMTA, that’s for sure. How do you like yours? How difficult is it to change the battery?

A friend sent these to me and I hate to say it -- but what is it used for? The three screws on the top is what's throwing me off. Is it a wall decoration? She painted it. It's of the four seasons, two on one side and two on the other

Michele NC

7y2dfn2gt5ig.jpg

They're fan blades.

You could use them as fan blades.

Or you could run a wire through the holes and hang them from a porch, arch or pergola outside.

Google fan blade art for more ideas.

I see some have created dragon flies with them.
    https://www.pinterest.com.au/jgrossman62/fan-blade-art/

There are several different ideas here.
    http://www.freejupiter.com/ceiling-fan-blade-art-ideas/

Keep looking ... there are heaps of ideas.

M in Oz
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Flea - So very sorry about your pup. Losing our fur babies is awful!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    New Ways November
    https://www.actionforhappiness.org/new-ways-november

"Covid is restricting our lives, but we can find new ways to keep making progress. Trying out new things can actually boost our well-being. When we open up to new ideas, it helps us stay curious and engaged. It can also bring a sense of accomplishment and help to boost our self-confidence and resilience. There are so many ways to learn new things and this month we're encouraging everyone to find new and creative ways to overcome our frustrating situations."

gbdg2db70vgy.png

Sunday 15 November

Go outside and do something playful - walk, run, explore, relax

Yeah ... cycling, walking, visiting the beach. :)

Monday 16 November

Look at life through someone else's eyes and see their perspective

I did that today. For me C19 is a very minor inconvenience with many positive aspects, but a friend posted about the effect it is having on her life.

Tuesday 17 November

Try a new way to practice self care and be kind to yourself

Working on it ... sort of.

Wednesday 18 November

Connect with someone from a different generation

When I was in uni, most of the people I connected with were from a different generation. A much younger generation. Now the people I connect with are mostly within my generation.

Thursday 19 November

Broaden your perspective: Read a different paper, magazine or site

Hmmm ... I don't really read papers or magazines. I read the occasional articles ... usually one from a paper that leans slightly left and one from a paper that leans slightly right.

The websites I go on tend to be about travel, cycling, fitness, etc.

Machka in Oz
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @mlivermore15 I’m in Va also! I would love an accountability and support buddy. Feel free to message me as I have not figured out how to keep up on all these messages! LOL

I started in October with MFP and have dropped 20 pounds! Woot Woot I’ve been walking a lot, but it’s getting cold and I hate the cold. Haha I’m already worried about winter and my exercise. Haha

Chat soon!
    Keri in Gloucester
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    🐵🙈🙉🙊
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Flea- awww i feel so bad for you.. never evr easy losing a furbaby... will be thinking of you xoxox
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    Well, I think we are at the end with our pup. :cry:

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

So very sorry!

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Thinking of Flea today.

Also hoping things are ok with Beth and her son.

Went and had my blood test. The nurse told me the whole story of her three marriages and her current boyfriend. :D:p

Then I did a bit of shopping for food and bought cards. Lucky to find some in the little convenience store around the corner.

It's our 16th wedding anniversary tomorrow. I still think of DH as my "new" boyfriend!!! :o:p<3 Got some nice food lined up and a bottle of champagne. Plus presents to open in bed. :laugh: Yes, Tracey.

Tandoori chicken tonight. Yum!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx who did write this morning. o:)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    :) The dogs went to the groomer yesterday,I got to go to the bank and the library, and Jake goes for a haircut this morning. Life is good. My step count was too low yesterday when I finished the late afternoon dog walk so Jake suggested that I go for a walk. It was great. It was dark so no one else was walking and there were Christmas lights up already in a few yards. When I got home, I found that Jake had saved a video for us to watch together---"The History of Toilet Paper".

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    The Harvard Gazette has an article "12-minute exercise bursts offer big benefits." It reviews a study by Harvard-affiliated Massachusetts General Hospital. They studied blood metabolites of 411 middle-aged men and women. Sounds reputable to me. Anything that gets me off my butt is a good thing! Sorry I don't see how to post a link.

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Options
    Heather: I hope your blood test went well and was painless. :star:

(((Allie))): Thinking of you and I hope all the procedures go well. :flowerforyou:

mlivermore15: Welcome! Post often so we can get to know you. :star:

Keri: Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I am seriously missing morning sun. It is currently 7am and it is dark. The days are certainly getting shorter here in NW Oregon. I spent years driving to work in the dark and driving home in near dark as well. I was born in the summer and I crave light. We have bright lights in our home and they help but they don't do the job that real sunshine does. :ohwell:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Well, I think we are at the end with our pup. :cry: He won't eat anything -- not even treats or yummies that he usually gets really excited about. Which means we also haven't been able to get him to take his medicine today. He also seems to have lost some bowel control -- still trying to figure that out exactly, but he kind of just drips. Sorry if that's gross. He had made a real mess of himself, so last night, my youngest and I gave him a nice warm bath, cleaned him up, and then had put him back outside. :cry: He hasn't been moving much out there today, so probably tonight, we will wrap him up in a nice warm old blanket and have him hang out with us inside.

My assignment for tomorrow is to call the vet. I am assuming, especially with the new freeze put in place today, that if we are allowed in, they will allow only one person, so we have decided we will hire someone to come to the house to put him down. We all want to be with him.

He has been such a good, sweet dog. We have been spending this week telling him how much we have appreciated knowing him and letting him know that it's okay if he goes. I wish he would just go peacefully in his sleep, on his own, but we aren't going to watch him starve to death. :cry:

This was taken a few months ago -- it's Leif with my youngest.
    mc5x5gpocs8p.jpg

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

Have you taken your pup to the vet yet?
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    @mlivermore15 I’m in Va also! I would love an accountability and support buddy. Feel free to message me as I have not figured out how to keep up on all these messages! LOL

I started in October with MFP and have dropped 20 pounds! Woot Woot I’ve been walking a lot, but it’s getting cold and I hate the cold. Haha I’m already worried about winter and my exercise. Haha

Chat soon!
    Keri in Gloucester

Welcome! I’ve been on this thing for something like 8 years and I’ve never read word for word on these posts. Usually whe people are addressing you they will put your name in bold then say what they want to say to you, those I read. Don’t let the weather b an excuse for not going out to exercise.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Options
    Allie: Sending good wishes for a successful surgery. It will be wonderful to see you back in good health. ❤️❤️❤️❤️