I need help with um...woman things

Replies

• m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    BJ's, Anal, or morning after pills.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ... forget the after pills!!!!!!!!!
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Ok, so my boyfriend and I always use double protection when we have sex. Nothing has ever broke and I am very good with taking my pills. I have just started spotting and it's about two weeks before my period. Every month I get scared that I could be pregnant, but I have never been! And I've spotted before! What can I do to try and relax about this? I know that if I stop having sex, I wouldn't have to worry. But like, who the heck wants to do that!? Please, I'd love some help!

You're right...nobody wants to quit! lol Don't worry!! There's no reason to! The pills are probably the reason you're spotting...I'm 99.9% confident in that! Not really sure how you can quit obsessing...maybe Google some info, talk to your doctor, learn more about it. Good lucK!

Seriously, NO reason for you to worry!! =))
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    To be honest, the extent to which you worry sounds quite over the top, have you considered tackling WHY this is such a worry to you? If there are underlying issues, recognising them will help you stop panicking.

Aside from that, there is little point in worrying over something you are already doing all you can to prevent anyway. In fact, stress and worry can actually cause periods to be erratic. Calm down and you may find they become more regular.

the WHY is likely because she is only 18 years old, and a baby at that age is an INSANELY difficult life change to deal with.
    Hell, I'm 37 and the thought of another pregnancy is enough to make me nauseous.
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    I'll never understand how woman can let us have sex with them...

I would never have sex if I was a woman....

That's because you like girls silly!

I mean because women can get the worst STD of all, pregnancy!

SMH. It's a good thing you're cute
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Talk to your doctor.
  • xxhieixx
    xxhieixx Posts: 89 Member
    I've always spotted right before my period. My husband is nuts about me getting pregnant even though I'm on the nuvaring. He pulls out EVERY TIME, it drives me nuts. Anyway, I'm sure your fine...if you really don't want to wait for your period you can buy a pregnancy test but spotting has always been normal for me. Ever since I've been on BC I've stopped worrying.
    I know how you feel though, I used to worry like hell when we were just dating and only used spermicide and condoms.
  • lbt1004
    lbt1004 Posts: 57 Member
    LMAO at all of it....
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Ok, so my boyfriend and I always use double protection when we have sex. Nothing has ever broke and I am very good with taking my pills. I have just started spotting and it's about two weeks before my period. Every month I get scared that I could be pregnant, but I have never been! And I've spotted before! What can I do to try and relax about this? I know that if I stop having sex, I wouldn't have to worry. But like, who the heck wants to do that!? Please, I'd love some help!
    You freak out every time you spot? And it happens regularly? I wouldn't even worry about it until and unless you skip a period.

Just calm down. It's unlikely you're going to end up pregnant if you take your pill every day and use condoms.

^^ This

Also, stress can screw up your hormones, and therefore your cycle as well.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    LMAO at all of it....

Same.
  • lizziecheek
    lizziecheek Posts: 65 Member
    To be honest, the extent to which you worry sounds quite over the top, have you considered tackling WHY this is such a worry to you? If there are underlying issues, recognising them will help you stop panicking.

I agree, what's behind this panic?
  • xxhieixx
    xxhieixx Posts: 89 Member
    Also, stress can screw up your hormones, and therefore your cycle as well.

I forgot to mention this as well. Stressing out can also delay your period. Although I don't know if it will if your on BC
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    He pulls out EVERY TIME, it drives me nuts.

^^This... it's a public service to stay in until the job is done.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    We had six children before we figured out what was causing it. We'll still trying to ease down, but it's not working well.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I always spot 2 weeks before my period ever since my first one. It's very normal to spot 2 weeks before.
    Are you on the pill?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member

Otherwise the only suggestions I have for alleviating the anxiety is the same suggestion I would give to someone who's afraid of flying... look up the stats for the effectiveness of the methods of birth control you're using. Understanding that the risks are very low when they are used effectively, and repeating these stats to yourself when you start to freak out, should be somewhat helpful.

Or just switch to anal
    I think you've made it clear you like anal.:huh:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    You freak out every time you spot? And it happens regularly? I wouldn't even worry about it until and unless you skip a period.

Just calm down. It's unlikely you're going to end up pregnant if you take your pill every day and use condoms.

Ditto..although I concieved while taking the pill..and I took it religiously. Had my tubes tied this past fall. The BC pills were making me gain weight and I felt tired and snarky all the time..feel better being "hormone free"

This is why people like OP (and me ffs) FREAK OUT. OH GOD.
  • TKRV
    TKRV Posts: 165 Member
    In my experience, the pill regulates my period even under stress. My grade school experience was very stressful to the point where I would skip for 2 or 3 months, only having my period during holiday breaks or the summer. In college, I started using birth control and found that, regardless of how much stress I was under, my period was about the same every month.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    You could try switching to an IUD. That form of birth control is literally more effective than sterilization.

:noway: not sure how anything temporary is more effective than sterilization? Although, see my previous comment - if it's gonna happen it's gonna happen!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    This is why people like OP (and me ffs) FREAK OUT. OH GOD.
    If you're still freaking out despite using adequate methods of birth control, please stop having sex temporarily and re-evaluate. You're not ready to be having sex if you're constantly freaking out over birth control and worrying about your body's little quirks. Knowledge is power. I recommend checking out a good education site like Scarleteen.

Lolol, excuse you?
  • whatascene
    whatascene Posts: 119 Member
    You have to find a way to just let go. The pill is 99% effective- when used CORRECTLY. Those horror stories where "everyone knows someone who got pregnant on the pill" yaddah yaddah is crap. They either missed one pill, was inconsistent, on an antibiotic (which reverses effects of bc), or didn't let the bc work up in their system for the recommended 2-3 months. If they say they were perfect w/the pill, they're probably lying to cover up for their mistake because they're embarrassed. I've been using the condom and bc method for 6 years, and nothing has happened *knock on wood* (hehe no pun intended). I think what finally got me to just let go of that stress is one time, our condom broke and I had my yearly about 2 weeks later. I expressed my concern to the gyno and asked if I should take a test, and without hesitation she simply just said no as long as I've taken my bc consistently, and she literally wasn't worried at all and didn't recommend anything. That is how much faith gynos have in bc if they're taken properly.