I need help with um...woman things

Options

Replies

• doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    being careful or anxious about an outcome you've protected yourself against, (but there is always a small risk) isn't not being ready....it's called being mature.

That's like saying people who build earthquake resilient houses in earth quake regions and STILL worry about an earth quake aren't ready for one...

no....no...it means they are doing everything they can for the region they live in and still have a healthy dose of reality and awareness of the situation.
    careful =/= anxious

And here was me thinking that all my mature and careful preparations, training, and awareness were so that I could REDUCE my anxiety, not so that I could wallow in it.

Maybe we're just having a difference of opinion on terminology? Anxiety is a mental state I work on to minimize. It's not productive. Awareness is a mental state I work on maximizing. It does lead to productive behavior.

you are being awfully serious for someone randomly in a beekeeper suit.....
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I mean big-time prepared! :laugh:

Why would it be randomly in a beekeeper suit? I'm a beekeeper. What's so serious or not serious about that? You don't like? Fine, I'll change back to the picture of my nasty bruise from being an over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

Why would it be randomly in a beekeeper suit? I'm a beekeeper. What's so serious or not serious about that? You don't like? Fine, I'll change back to the picture of my nasty bruise from being an over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder!

An indoor beekeeper?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

You should take a break from tending bees, I think. If you're concerned about them stinging you, you might not be ready for beekeeping.

...Kidding, but see why some of us got "bees in our bonnet"? ;)

Trust me; that loaded penis is like a bee sting, only the penis doesn't go away after it does it's duty (well... sometimes it does).
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'd be more worried about why you are spotting. See your doctor.

Ovulation spotting is quite common, I wouldn't be worried about it in the least unless you were having severe cramps with it.
    If you're on the pill you're not supposed to be ovulating, are you?
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    An indoor beekeeper?
    In some places, yes. But also, do I have to wait until I get outside to put on my suit?
    Look, y'all, I just want to help the OP, because that's a stressful situation to be in. I don't really care how or who gets that job done. Here's me putting my ego away now.

Since we're talking about spotting, did you know some women spot after a heavy workout, especially around ovulation?
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options

Ovulation spotting is quite common, I wouldn't be worried about it in the least unless you were having severe cramps with it.
    Nope. That's how the pill works.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think we all get paranoid quiet often when something out of the norm happens. You'll be fine. Just take a pregnancy test when needed.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I don't know a single menstruating woman who doesn't keep some handy
    Now you know one. I have never in 23 years of being sexually active taken a pregnancy test. And as I've said before I really really really really really don't want kids.

She's right, there is no reason not to have some on hand if you want them though.

(I'm pretty sure I was directly quoting someone when I used the all caps. Very occasionally I also use them to emphasize one word on here because MFP doesn't make it easy to do it any other way.)
    Ditto. I've been sexually active since 1982. I've bought and taken ONE pregnancy test (negative). I certainly never had them "on hand". No issue with others who do, but I never did/don't.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options

You should take a break from tending bees, I think. If you're concerned about them stinging you, you might not be ready for beekeeping.

Trust me; that loaded penis is like a bee sting, only the penis doesn't go away after it does it's duty (well... sometimes it does).
    It's a wonderful analogy! Because it is still possible, though exceedingly unlikely, to get stung through my suit. (Other people who use different suits get stung through them far more often, so it's like using a less effective contraceptive method.) But I am not worried that I am going to get stung through my suit, even though there is a slim chance it could happen. There are some people who are quite anxious about that, and they don't tend bees. I think the analogy works wonderfully. :drinker:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Now you know one. I have never in 23 years of being sexually active taken a pregnancy test. And as I've said before I really really really really really don't want kids.

She's right, there is no reason not to have some on hand if you want them though.

(I'm pretty sure I was directly quoting someone when I used the all caps. Very occasionally I also use them to emphasize one word on here because MFP doesn't make it easy to do it any other way.)
    Ditto. I've been sexually active since 1982. I've bought and taken ONE pregnancy test (negative). I certainly never had them "on hand". No issue with others who do, but I never did/don't.
    I have never kept them on hand, either. If I had a scare, I would go buy one. I haven't done that in years, though.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

It's a wonderful analogy! Because it is still possible, though exceedingly unlikely, to get stung through my suit. (Other people who use different suits get stung through them far more often, so it's like using a less effective contraceptive method.) But I am not worried that I am going to get stung through my suit, even though there is a slim chance it could happen. There are some people who are quite anxious about that, and they don't tend bees. I think the analogy works wonderfully. :drinker:

:flowerforyou: (And unfortunately, like bee stings, some people are allergic to semen as well... womp womp!)
  • T0FatToB3S1ck
    T0FatToB3S1ck Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I always spot 2 weeks before my period ever since my first one. It's very normal to spot 2 weeks before.
    Are you on the pill?

No, my tubes are tied.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Ditto..although I concieved while taking the pill..and I took it religiously. Had my tubes tied this past fall. The BC pills were making me gain weight and I felt tired and snarky all the time..feel better being "hormone free"

Tubal litigation doesn't make you hormone-free. :huh:

I've had my tubes tied for ten years and I have endometriosis (a condition impacted by estrogen production). Trust me... you're still producing hormones. All a tubal litigation does is prevent the egg from entering the uterus.

I think she meant it felt good to not be on any hormone birth control.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    :flowerforyou: (And unfortunately, like bee stings, some people are allergic to semen as well... womp womp!)
    It can be irritating, but luckily I don't have an anaphylactic reaction or I would have to use a prophylactic precaution! badump-ching!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

So then there shouldn't be ovulation spotting...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Ditto..although I concieved while taking the pill..and I took it religiously. Had my tubes tied this past fall. The BC pills were making me gain weight and I felt tired and snarky all the time..feel better being "hormone free"

Tubal litigation doesn't make you hormone-free. :huh:

I've had my tubes tied for ten years and I have endometriosis (a condition impacted by estrogen production). Trust me... you're still producing hormones. All a tubal litigation does is prevent the egg from entering the uterus.

I think she meant it felt good to not be on any hormone birth control.

Oh... that makes sense.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Spotting might not be related to ovulation which is why I suggested that OP should talk to her doctor about it.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Spotting might not be related to ovulation which is why I suggested that OP should talk to her doctor about it.
    As did I. SDkitty suggested it was ovulation spotting and quite common, but she's on the pill, so there should be no ovulation, and there for no ovulation spotting...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

I don't keep them on hand... why would I- that's ridiculous. I've taken 2 in my life time. and one was complete paranoid- panicked and simple because I was late- I wasn't even having sex- dry humping AND on the pill... like odds were so insanely small- I dont' skip- or am late often- so I completely panicked and took it- and it was wildly unfounded. Seriously- odds are beyond miniscule about why I would have been preggers.

The other time was legit and would have ruined my life. But yeah- I seriously don't keep them on hand.