Anyone else struggling to lose ANY weight on Keto?

Options
124»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    You seem to be trying to answer the question "What matters to overall physical and mental health," while everyone else is answering the question of "what matters for weight management?"

I agree. Perhaps I'm answering the better question.

I agree that you are answering the better question.

I'm reminded of patients on "My 600 Pound Life" who have no problems with adherence in hospital settings (excluding the ones whose family members sneak in food) yet struggle when they are back at home where highly palatable and caloric food is freely available.

The less holistic question of "What matters for weight management?" is more relevant in a setting where food is controlled, and since that is presumably not the case for any of us with internet access, a better question is indeed "What matters to overall physical and mental health?"

There's a Buddhist story along the lines of how it's easier to stay on your chosen path when you are living in a cave with minimal distractions versus living in the outside world.

But OP didn't ask for that. 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

bubus05 was the only person on page 1 that did answer the OP's question. We regulars OFTEN answer a different question than the one that was asked.

In this case, the questions were "Anyone else struggling to lose ANY weight on Keto?" and "Seems a bit strange to have NO loss at all - am I alone in this?"

But the vast majority of responses were questions were about calorie counting and so answering the unasked question "Why am I not losing weight?"