Show us your... Tree!

Options
KickassAmazon76
KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,558 Member
edited November 2020 in Chit-Chat
I have heard that many people have decided to decorate early for Christmas. Normally the tree isn't put up until first or second weekend in Dec, but the kids were asking for it earlier.

Maybe we need to feel a little bit more magic this year. For me, there's something special about seeing multi colored lights, and memories of Christmas past. It gives my heart a squeeze.

I figured I'd create this thread for people to show their trees (or decorations).

Are you a traditionalist? More modern? Is your tree a mishmash of homemade ornaments, or one that's perfectly decorated?

Show us your trees!

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    hetoe6an6byq.png

Rolling ROFL's :D
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    hetoe6an6byq.png

Rolling ROFL's :D

Haha, Miss D, did you claim Blake as your Christmas tree? Naughty, naughty!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th2FYRobDxU

@KickassAmazon76 Way to light this place UP and blow the roof off. <3o:)o:)<3
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    I maintain my rules: No tree or decorations until after Thanksgiving (half of my neighbors already have their decorations up, despite our housing community having rules that they passive aggressively sent out through an email last week. :lol:

However, to contribute to the thread until such time: Have a cat in a tree from the past.

ydwyialxfmp2.jpg

Well... Technically it IS after Thanksgiving... We can call you an honorary Canadian! Haha

Love the kitty in the tree! Mine loves sitting underneath it...but wants to chew on the LED lightbulbs. I'm so nervous he's going to zap himself!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I maintain my rules: No tree or decorations until after Thanksgiving (half of my neighbors already have their decorations up, despite our housing community having rules that they passive aggressively sent out through an email last week. :lol:

However, to contribute to the thread until such time: Have a cat in a tree from the past.

ydwyialxfmp2.jpg

Well... Technically it IS after Thanksgiving... We can call you an honorary Canadian! Haha

Love the kitty in the tree! Mine loves sitting underneath it...but wants to chew on the LED lightbulbs. I'm so nervous he's going to zap himself!

Apologies, I do always forget our neighbors to the north have theirs in Oct.!

To be honest, our tree tradition is rooted in the fact that my father would usually have Thanksgiving off and take the following weekend off to spend with me. The Christmas tree farms were a good place to go then, as most people were concentrating more heavily on Black Friday sales and hanging out with extended family.

So.. we'd do Thanksgiving, watch the lighting of the Country Club Plaza in KC, MO (got to actually see it in person once and it snowed that day, so it was kinda magical) and then sometime during Thanksgiving weekend, we'd go pick out and cut down a tree for our living room.

We had an artificial tree, but dad always liked (and still does) real trees, despite the clean-up. :)
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I'll start...
    My tree is artificial, and decorated with ornaments from all the years past. (Some are older than I am, and are from my parents), lots are from my kids. Heck the tree is probably 30years old! *sneezes*

This is actually the back side... It's in the doorway separating my living room from my sunroom turned office.

mognaflbihbw.jpg

Your tree is so pretty and festive! I won't be putting up mine until 1st week of December. But this thread is great inspiration!

And I love your Wonder Woman ornament.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    We always get a real tree...unless we're traveling for Thanksgiving, we always get it the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Lots don't open up until that weekend anyway, so doing it early is a moot point...but I wouldn't even if I could. I love Christmas, but I'm honestly pretty Christmased out by the time it actually rolls around. If I started any earlier, I'd probably be done with it all by mid December.

Usually put the tree up and lights on the tree and outside on the back patio on Saturday and then we decorate the tree and the rest of the house Sunday. We do white lights...ornaments are a hodgepodge of those given to my wife and I over the years growing up and the one's my boys get every year. We have high ceilings, so usually a 10 footer.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    We always get a real tree...unless we're traveling for Thanksgiving, we always get it the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Lots don't open up until that weekend anyway, so doing it early is a moot point...but I wouldn't even if I could. I love Christmas, but I'm honestly pretty Christmased out by the time it actually rolls around. If I started any earlier, I'd probably be done with it all by mid December.

Usually put the tree up and lights on the tree and outside on the back patio on Saturday and then we decorate the tree and the rest of the house Sunday. We do white lights...ornaments are a hodgepodge of those given to my wife and I over the years growing up and the one's my boys get every year. We have high ceilings, so usually a 10 footer.

Just to add to my original post...It's also been in the 70s for most of November and we were pushing 80 almost everyday last week which is unseasonably warm...kids asked me if we could de-winterize the pool...doesn't feel very Christmas like at all right now.

This week looks like we'll finally be going into more seasonal weather with temps in the 50s and some overcast skies.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Look at y'all with your put together trees. :lol:

Mine always looks like a Santaland and an Ozarkland threw up on it.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    These are beautiful! I hope to see pics from those of you who are waiting a bit yet!

Thank you to all who have shared! ❤️
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    tams_89 wrote: »
    I usually wait till Dec 1st but I put mine up on Saturday 😁2etaoqfh6aoo.jpg

This is stunning! Looks like something in the window at Macy's in New York.