Show us your... Tree!

Replies

• Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    I'm curious as to why people put up trees in November. No judgment - simply curious :)

Because I wanted to. It's pretty. I don't see the point in going through the trouble of setting up the tree for such a short period of time.

I normally wait until the first weekend in December... but this year has been a hard year (for many reasons outside covid) and it brings us joy.

When my kids, who in past years haven't cared about the tree, asked specifically to set it up... I jumped at it. And honestly, I'm glad I did. My home office is in the adjoined room and I've been doing 14h days. The multicolored lights and memories calm me. I've appreciated that calming greatly this week.

Sometimes I leave the tree up for too long after Christmas too. 😁 I'm with you, it's just nice to look at and it's your own place you can do whatever you want. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I might just turn into Mariah Carey and be all about that Christmas life head to toe.
    🤔
    Just had a genius idea. Each room stays in a different holiday theme all year! Halloween, Christmas, Easter ect. 😁😎
  • tmantwo
    tmantwo Posts: 2,181 Member
    tmantwo wrote: »
    Round some parts there are Christmas stores open year round!

YES! Clutch! Wasn’t even trying and scored a grouchy face!
  • mzneena2020
    mzneena2020 Posts: 22 Member
    uacjp707e9hz.jpg
    uw9q73wuot7x.jpg

This is really precious
  • mzneena2020
    I have 2 cats so had to get creative in how to safely hang my favorite ornaments. Here's what I came up withk8tbx1ey2rm6.jpg

I think this is perfect in so many ways. Thank you for sharing this.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    I have 2 cats so had to get creative in how to safely hang my favorite ornaments. Here's what I came up withk8tbx1ey2rm6.jpg

I may steal this idea just to hang some ornaments for a change, I have a lot of the old family ones that haven't been used in decades. With two dogs who think everything is a chew toy and tails that can sweep a coffee table clear, I've only put up a little fiberoptic tabletop tree for years. Well... and laziness... it's way quicker and easier.

If I bother with the tree this year it'll probably get set up a few days before the 25th.
  • mzneena2020
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    I'm curious as to why people put up trees in November. No judgment - simply curious :)

Because 25 days of maximum joy are simply not enough. We need more joy in our lives.

Do you have a real or artificial tree? I agree on needing joy but I'm not sure how a tree factors into the equation of maximum joy?

to each their own really. how does one define how they attain a level of joy. for me... there is a feeling that I associate with Christmas trees, lights, and music that takes me back to a simpler time when Christmas was magical. Even if it's for a second, I can look at it and I'm transported back to a time from before bills, divorce, illness, stress, and worry. I am that little kid with her family, trimming the tree and looking forward to Santa.

Sure reality slaps me hard in the face shortly thereafter... but I just look back again.

My tree is artificial. So it works. And it will come down when it no longer feels magical.

Thank you for sharing your story. Again , my question was just out of curiosity and wondering, and in no way was judgmental. I hope for all magic for you always :) Best of wishes for you!
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member

Because 25 days of maximum joy are simply not enough. We need more joy in our lives.

Do you have a real or artificial tree? I agree on needing joy but I'm not sure how a tree factors into the equation of maximum joy?

to each their own really. how does one define how they attain a level of joy. for me... there is a feeling that I associate with Christmas trees, lights, and music that takes me back to a simpler time when Christmas was magical. Even if it's for a second, I can look at it and I'm transported back to a time from before bills, divorce, illness, stress, and worry. I am that little kid with her family, trimming the tree and looking forward to Santa.

Sure reality slaps me hard in the face shortly thereafter... but I just look back again.

My tree is artificial. So it works. And it will come down when it no longer feels magical.

Thank you for sharing your story. Again , my question was just out of curiosity and wondering, and in no way was judgmental. I hope for all magic for you always :) Best of wishes for you!

For sure! no offense taken (and I didn't disagree :) )
  • mzneena2020

For sure! no offense taken (and I didn't disagree :) )

Thank you for your clarification and point taken
  • mzneena2020
    tams_89 wrote: »

Mainly for my kids, this year has been pretty crappy and thought it would bring us some cheer. Plus when I was a kid my Mom was usually the last in our street to put ours up and I hated it. Mine is usually always up on December 1st though. 😁

This year has been crappy for every individual on earth, truth be told. I hope you and your children have a lovely holiday :)
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member

Because I wanted to. It's pretty. I don't see the point in going through the trouble of setting up the tree for such a short period of time.

I normally wait until the first weekend in December... but this year has been a hard year (for many reasons outside covid) and it brings us joy.

When my kids, who in past years haven't cared about the tree, asked specifically to set it up... I jumped at it. And honestly, I'm glad I did. My home office is in the adjoined room and I've been doing 14h days. The multicolored lights and memories calm me. I've appreciated that calming greatly this week.

Sometimes I leave the tree up for too long after Christmas too. 😁 I'm with you, it's just nice to look at and it's your own place you can do whatever you want. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I might just turn into Mariah Carey and be all about that Christmas life head to toe.
    🤔
    Just had a genius idea. Each room stays in a different holiday theme all year! Halloween, Christmas, Easter ect. 😁😎

Just for you.. hunny!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAkMkVFwAoo

haha
  • Yoshiboobs

🤔

Just for you.. hunny!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAkMkVFwAoo

haha

She's my favorite pop star year round and this song is 🔥
  • Yoshiboobs

So it's an artificial tree you have? I'm only asking :)

Yep and brand new. I just light a candle for that real tree smell. Real trees are cool but they’re sticky, leave pine needles everywhere, toxic to pets and ya, killing a whole tree for a few weeks of being in your house 🤷🏻‍♀️.
    Maybe since people are more environmentally conscious these days maybe we can start a tradition of planting trees instead. On the same ish thought though what do we do with all the artificial trees? If you keep them for years and years it might still be better than chopping trees all the time. 🤔
    🤷🏻‍♀️I still like the real trees too.

People go to tree farms to chop trees or if you purchase already chopped the trees are literally grown for only this purpose.

Ya I'm not a expert. I'm not even particularly environmentally friendly myself but I can see the point of view.