Show us your... Tree!

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    I'm curious as to why people put up trees in November. No judgment - simply curious :)

Because I wanted to. It's pretty. I don't see the point in going through the trouble of setting up the tree for such a short period of time.

So it's an artificial tree you have? I'm only asking :)

Yep and brand new. I just light a candle for that real tree smell. Real trees are cool but they’re sticky, leave pine needles everywhere, toxic to pets and ya, killing a whole tree for a few weeks of being in your house 🤷🏻‍♀️.
    Maybe since people are more environmentally conscious these days maybe we can start a tradition of planting trees instead. On the same ish thought though what do we do with all the artificial trees? If you keep them for years and years it might still be better than chopping trees all the time. 🤔
    🤷🏻‍♀️I still like the real trees too.

People go to tree farms to chop trees or if you purchase already chopped the trees are literally grown for only this purpose.

Yep, Christmas tree farms are a thing where I'm from because we can grow them. Almost all the trees you see for sale in garden shops or places like Lowe's and Home Depot also come from tree farms, where they are explicitly planted and cultivated for this purpose.

A new "crop" is planted each year to replace ones that have been cut down and usually, a tree is not considered "marketable" until it reaches at least the 5 year mark, with most not being cut until between the ages of 6 - 10 years.

And where I grew up (not sure about where I live now as the climate is different), many folks would chop up their tree once it reached the level of being mostly brown because the wood would then be dry enough to utilize as firewood (and most homes had wood stoves where I grew up). Useful for when your power goes out. So the tree wasn't just heaped into the garbage. Then again, I grew up out "in the country" and that option was probably more viable than it would be for folks in the towns/cities, especially because now a lot of homes do not have wood stoves or even fireplaces.

Some people here still chop up the trees to use for camping fires, though. **shrugs**

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_tree_cultivation
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,513 Member
    2r0yeg1mddp9.jpg

The happy faces on my kids face makes it all worth putting this tree up before December so those saying they don't understand why people do it before December..well there's my reason ❤

It's gorgeous!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
  • Miz_Owl
    Miz_Owl Posts: 3,026 Member
    I'm curious as to why people put up trees in November. No judgment - simply curious :)

Because I wanted to. It's pretty. I don't see the point in going through the trouble of setting up the tree for such a short period of time.

I normally wait until the first weekend in December... but this year has been a hard year (for many reasons outside covid) and it brings us joy.

When my kids, who in past years haven't cared about the tree, asked specifically to set it up... I jumped at it. And honestly, I'm glad I did. My home office is in the adjoined room and I've been doing 14h days. The multicolored lights and memories calm me. I've appreciated that calming greatly this week.

Sometimes I leave the tree up for too long after Christmas too. 😁 I'm with you, it's just nice to look at and it's your own place you can do whatever you want. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I might just turn into Mariah Carey and be all about that Christmas life head to toe.
    🤔
    Just had a genius idea. Each room stays in a different holiday theme all year! Halloween, Christmas, Easter ect. 😁😎

Just for you.. hunny!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAkMkVFwAoo

haha

She's my favorite pop star year round and this song is 🔥

Every year I look forward to hearing this . <3
  • KickassAmazon76
    05zp7qgjxqif.jpg

We had lots of rotten luck this week so decorated the house early as Christmas is so special for my mum. I'm living with my folks this year and they love a real tree - this is an 8ft Norwegian something or other. In my own place I prefer artificial. The cats have been up and down this several times 🙄

This tree is incredible! ❤️
  • KickassAmazon76
    Posting a bunch of pics, details and the new tree topper so the
    qkv6du2bzpkn.jpeg
    64pr5my0577d.jpeg
    fb7hvu4box1p.jpeg
    fqx7okfn76ry.jpeg
    taek6ef12nws.jpeg
    mg1u2kwlbx4q.jpeg
    2zi6z1z4h8mt.jpeg
    jlg2ntexmcow.jpeg

Love these all so much! ❤️
  • KickassAmazon76
    tams_89 wrote: »
    Sorry its not my tree but just had to share this 🙈 I have been had by Santa
    Here is what I ordered to complete my front door mbi6ithfwnw2.jpg
    And it wasn't as big as the photos 😂🤔🎅zhsg37bzmk89.jpg

Haha I'm glad you shared! I should have called the thread show us your Christmas!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Miz_Owl wrote: »
    I <3 this thread !

Everyones trees and decorations are so pretty .
    @tams_89 I love the front door .

I made this .
    Bought stuff at the dollar store and Walmart .

c762zumctv1l.jpeg

This is beautiful! You could easily sell these at a profit if you were so inclined!
  • Miz_Owl
    edited November 2020
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I <3 this thread !

I made this .

c762zumctv1l.jpeg

Oh my, before I even read what you wrote my thought was wow, wonder where she got that; I'd love one!!
    Did you stick it all in that styrofoam stuff in the bottom? I've got a reason to go to the Dollar Tree now. :) Hoping everybody else stays home today so I can have the store to myself. :)

I NEED something Christmasy in here even if it doesn't feel Christmasy. :/

Yes I got green styrofoam & the wooden basket there and a few fake green flowers and red Berrys & pine cones at Walmart .

Dollar store I got the fake flowers .

Walmart sells glue guns .

My next project is making my own kissing ball .
    you buy 3 pine garlands at the dollar store and rope for hanging and fake cones and Christmas balls .
  • Miz_Owl
    I <3 this thread !

I made this .

c762zumctv1l.jpeg

This is beautiful! You could easily sell these at a profit if you were so inclined!

Maybe I didn't see any I liked , so I made my own . <3
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Y'all are so crafty 😩😭 It's all so beautiful!
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    I <3 this thread !

I made this .

c762zumctv1l.jpeg

I love this. I was thinking of doing something similar.
  • Miz_Owl
    I <3 this thread !

I made this .

c762zumctv1l.jpeg

I love this. I was thinking of doing something similar.

It's very easy and fun to do .
    Plus it's a great Christmas gift to make for family & friends .

Youtube has a lot of great ideas how to make your own Christmas stuff .