Logging Food and Supplements

Options
Logging Supplements How do you see supplements you add and intake quantity if the supplement is not listed by default to the app? Want to also see a combined food nutrient intake to also include the supplement value. Thx

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If your supplement isn't listed, you can add it to your foods and log it that way.
  • fiveorsixgirls
    fiveorsixgirls Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Where do you log food?
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Hey @wingworm / yep I also add it in my foods and log it that way. I’ve added omega 3, folic acid etc that way. :) In my diary I made a separate area for Vitamins.
  • NocteLibri
    NocteLibri Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey @wingworm / yep I also add it in my foods and log it that way. I’ve added omega 3, folic acid etc that way. :) In my diary I made a separate area for Vitamins.

I want to add a dietary supplement to mine too, but how do you make a separate area in the diary? I can't find a way to do it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    If your supplement isn't listed, you can add it to your foods and log it that way.
    How to:
    Go to FOOD > My foods > Create new food
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/submit
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    NocteLibri wrote: »

I want to add a dietary supplement to mine too, but how do you make a separate area in the diary? I can't find a way to do it.
    What do you mean by this? You *could* name one of your meals "Supplements" if you need a separate area.
    Go to FOOD > Settings and scroll down to change a meal name
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,704 Member
    Options

In the web version, starting from your food diary page, click "Settings" near the top of the page (in the secondary set of tabs). That will bring up a diary settings page. Scroll down to the meal names. Use one of the empty spaces to add "Dietary Supplements" (or whatever you want to call it) in the meal names, and click "Save Changes" at the bottom. That will put that meal category in your diary, after which it behaves like any other meal in terms of adding stuff.

In the Android app (Apple iOS app should be similar), open the sidebar menu by clicking on the 3-bars menu icon at top left, then scroll down and click "Settings". From there, scroll down and click "Diary Settings". On the Diary Settings page, find and click on Customize Meal Names. Then update a blank slot as per above, but click the check-mark icon in the upper right to save the change.
  • NocteLibri
    NocteLibri Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ann. That helped =D
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

In the web version, starting from your food diary page, click "Settings" near the top of the page (in the secondary set of tabs). That will bring up a diary settings page. Scroll down to the meal names. Use one of the empty spaces to add "Dietary Supplements" (or whatever you want to call it) in the meal names, and click "Save Changes" at the bottom. That will put that meal category in your diary, after which it behaves like any other meal in terms of adding stuff.

In the Android app (Apple iOS app should be similar), open the sidebar menu by clicking on the 3-bars menu icon at top left, then scroll down and click "Settings". From there, scroll down and click "Diary Settings". On the Diary Settings page, find and click on Customize Meal Names. Then update a blank slot as per above, but click the check-mark icon in the upper right to save the change.