Male Reproductive Health

Options

Replies

• AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Um, because men don't bleed??

how do I describe my eyes popping out of my head?
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Eat lots of pineapple...I hear it taste good for the woman

pineapple = good
    flaming hot cheetos = not so good
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Not talking about prostate health, specifically. But, for example, a thread about how *kitten* affects testosterone levels, erections while working out, chaffing (or testicles getting pinched between thighs) while running/cycling WOULD be locked.

Elaine said it best - "I don't know how you guys walk around with those things."
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

how do I describe my eyes popping out of my head?

tumblr_lx5a8kJIQj1qzdknio1_500.gif
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Not getting mad, just discussing it. :tongue:

The fear that someone's kid and/or boss might see or read something "inappropriate" negates the legitimacy of the question. Rage posts are easier to spot and can be removed. Innuendo is far more subtle.

People should police themselves while at work and with children around.
    Exactly. This is a social forum for those 18 and over, not your weekly report for work or a kid friendly game site.

Which is why i should be able to discuss my ball chafing, or my erection without fear of getting a strike or having my thread locked and deleted.

Ball chafing is serious business and you should be allowed to discuss this problem freely without fear of being judged.

Mine do chafe when I run, and it is through my wall that I got advice on how to deal with it. I would have liked to post a thread, but I knew it wouldn't last.

Have you tried wearing athletic support and using a little baby powder?

I have always worn compression shorts, and now I slather a liberal application of Gold Bond Anti-chafing stuff before I get dressed.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

Technically, neither do women. You aren't actively hemorrhaging as much as slouging your uterine wall which consists (At that point in your cycle) of blood engorged cells that were anxiously awaiting the implantation of a fertilized embryo that never happened.

ETA But, this is a men's health thread and not a women's...so I digress.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Happy-Blue-Balls.jpg
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Happy-Blue-Balls.jpg

:laugh: :laugh:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    We are all familiar with the plethora of threads dealing with "TOM" issues and other female reproductive system issues. Yet, it seems that every thread that relates to anything dealing with male-specific anatomy is shut down as a CG violation. Why the double standard?
    You answered your own question!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    We are all familiar with the plethora of threads dealing with "TOM" issues and other female reproductive system issues. Yet, it seems that every thread that relates to anything dealing with male-specific anatomy is shut down as a CG violation. Why the double standard?

No I didn't.
  • MinMin97
    Options

No I didn't.
    Yes you did!:happy:
  • whierd
    Options
    My question was "Why the double standard?"
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options

I don't think there is one. A discussion of TOM is pretty unsexy unless you read something more into it. Women usually don't talk about *kitten* and TOM in the same paragraph, maybe occasionally. If men want to talk about itching, lumps, and chafing, just avoid bringing any sexual commentary into it.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I think it is a double standard. But really, periods aren't very sexy at all, except when I lose six pounds at the end of one. :laugh:
  • MinMin97
    Options
    We are all familiar with the plethora of threads dealing with "TOM" issues and other female reproductive system issues. Yet, it seems that every thread that relates to anything dealing with male-specific anatomy is shut down as a CG violation. Why the

Here's your OP. You identified an "effect", mens' issues get shut down while women's issues don't, as often. Then you identified the "cause", due to CG violation. You then proceeded to ask the wrong question, why the double standard. They are both subject to the same standards, the CG's.
    Whierd, I like you. :flowerforyou: You're funny! Maybe you're emotional because it's your TOM, and everything just seems blown out of proportion. It happens:wink:
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I think it is a double standard. But really, periods aren't very sexy at all, except when I lose six pounds at the end of one. :laugh:

Chaffing is not sexy either :laugh:
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Poor men!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I always thought that guys didn't post about chafing and other issues because they're more tastefully reserved than women often are.
  • whierd
    Options

I don't think there is one. A discussion of TOM is pretty unsexy unless you read something more into it. Women usually don't talk about *kitten* and TOM in the same paragraph, maybe occasionally. If men want to talk about itching, lumps, and chafing, just avoid bringing any sexual commentary into it.

You are focusing solely on one issue I presented. Chaffing is unsexy, as are erections while working out, and hitting your genitals during deadlifting, shrugging, etc.
  • whierd
    Options
    We are all familiar with the plethora of threads dealing with "TOM" issues and other female reproductive system issues. Yet, it seems that every thread that relates to anything dealing with male-specific anatomy is shut down as a CG violation. Why the
    Here's your OP. You identified a "effect", mens' issues get shut down while women's issues don't, as often. Then you identified the "cause", due to CG violation. You then proceeded to ask the wrong question, why the double standard. They are both subject to the same standards, the CG's.
    Whierd, I like you. :flowerforyou: You're funny! Maybe you're emotional because it's your TOM, and everything just seems blown out of proportion. It happen:wink:

Not due to the CGs, but rather as an interpretation of the CGs. One could argue that TOM threads are Inappropriate/Vulgar, which are the reasons used to shut down male issues. (Side note, I would not argue this as it is a normal ocurrance in the life of a woman, just playing Devil's Advocate).

And thank you!! Not currently my Manstration time, but I appreciate the concern. :tongue: