Male Reproductive Health

Options
12346»

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I always thought that guys didn't post about chafing and other issues because they're more tastefully reserved than women often are.

Most posters here cannot be described as tasteful or classy. (I love you all.)
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    I always thought that guys didn't post about chafing and other issues because they're more tastefully reserved than women often are.

Most posters here cannot be described as tasteful or classy. (I love you all.)

Whoops sorry ;)
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    We are all familiar with the plethora of threads dealing with "TOM" issues and other female reproductive system issues. Yet, it seems that every thread that relates to anything dealing with male-specific anatomy is shut down as a CG violation. Why the
    Here's your OP. You identified a "effect", mens' issues get shut down while women's issues don't, as often. Then you identified the "cause", due to CG violation. You then proceeded to ask the wrong question, why the double standard. They are both subject to the same standards, the CG's.
    Whierd, I like you. :flowerforyou: You're funny! Maybe you're emotional because it's your TOM, and everything just seems blown out of proportion. It happen:wink:

Not due to the CGs, but rather as an interpretation of the CGs. One could argue that TOM threads are Inappropriate/Vulgar, which are the reasons used to shut down male issues. (Side note, I would not argue this as it is a normal ocurrance in the life of a woman, just playing Devil's Advocate).

And thank you!! Not currently my Manstration time, but I appreciate the concern. :tongue:
    Ask a mod!:happy:
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    in before lock

and i think i qualify for this thread
  • MinMin97
    Options
    in before lock

and i think i qualify for this thread
    Exactly. The lock, I mean:smile:
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    This thread is flaccid.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    My question was "Why the double standard?"

I don't think there is one. A discussion of TOM is pretty unsexy unless you read something more into it. Women usually don't talk about *kitten* and TOM in the same paragraph, maybe occasionally. If men want to talk about itching, lumps, and chafing, just avoid bringing any sexual commentary into it.

You are focusing solely on one issue I presented. Chaffing is unsexy, as are erections while working out, and hitting your genitals during deadlifting, shrugging, etc.

My point was that if you want to talk about those things, with the possible exception of erections, you probably can, unless people make crude comments part of the thread. (Not that I don't snicker at crude comments - I do - but I don't really want the site to be a free-for-all).
  • whierd
    Options
    We are all familiar with the plethora of threads dealing with "TOM" issues and other female reproductive system issues. Yet, it seems that every thread that relates to anything dealing with male-specific anatomy is shut down as a CG violation. Why the
    Here's your OP. You identified a "effect", mens' issues get shut down while women's issues don't, as often. Then you identified the "cause", due to CG violation. You then proceeded to ask the wrong question, why the double standard. They are both subject to the same standards, the CG's.
    Whierd, I like you. :flowerforyou: You're funny! Maybe you're emotional because it's your TOM, and everything just seems blown out of proportion. It happen:wink:

Not due to the CGs, but rather as an interpretation of the CGs. One could argue that TOM threads are Inappropriate/Vulgar, which are the reasons used to shut down male issues. (Side note, I would not argue this as it is a normal ocurrance in the life of a woman, just playing Devil's Advocate).

And thank you!! Not currently my Manstration time, but I appreciate the concern. :tongue:
    Ask a mod!:happy:

:laugh:
  • whierd
    Options

I don't think there is one. A discussion of TOM is pretty unsexy unless you read something more into it. Women usually don't talk about *kitten* and TOM in the same paragraph, maybe occasionally. If men want to talk about itching, lumps, and chafing, just avoid bringing any sexual commentary into it.

You are focusing solely on one issue I presented. Chaffing is unsexy, as are erections while working out, and hitting your genitals during deadlifting, shrugging, etc.

My point was that if you want to talk about those things, with the possible exception of erections, you probably can, unless people make crude comments part of the thread.

Except you oftentimes really cannot. I have seen threads of everything I described locked. In any thread there will be crude humor, just the nature of most people.
  • NinjadURbacon
    Options
    is it true a hot tub kills a man's "soldiers"
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options

My point was that if you want to talk about those things, with the possible exception of erections, you probably can, unless people make crude comments part of the thread.

Except you oftentimes really cannot. I have seen threads of everything I described locked. In any thread there will be crude humor, just the nature of most people.

I find the mods overzealous at times, and sometimes I can't fathom the objection. I wouldn't be surprised if it depends on what someone decides to report. On Facebook, for example, pictures of shirtless men seem to be relentlessly censored, while bare female breasts make it into my feed all all the time. I'm certainly not reporting the shirtless guys, but some people clearly are.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

If you're trying to make a baby, I don't recommend boiling your baby makers.
  • NinjadURbacon
    Options

So good birth control if needed, check.
  • whierd
    Options

Pan frying is more effective.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    It's the womenz fault.

Because it always is.

But also because we can't hear talk about the anatomy and not comment on it in a sexual way.

Sorry. :flowerforyou:
  • MinMin97
    Options

Yes, it's called kids. If 3 won't stop you, you're beyond hope.

...and welcome to the club. :flowerforyou:
    Mother of 5 children here...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I'm tellin ya...
    snowballs-cooling-underwear-1-537x402.jpg
  • NinjadURbacon
    Options

but not as fun, or as inviting