Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    swenson19d wrote: »
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Anyone try RUNDERWEAR? I not even walking, but they have the occasional "inexpensive" bra.

What up, peeps?

I am still broken (physically and emotionally) no running. Oh it's me Elise4270 I am shucking old a trying to begin anew after losing Alex. this is his old account when we'd track and run and work out together.

Monthly question?
    How much pie (or similar poor choice) have you eaten in the last 3 months?

The pie I've eaten in the last three months could best be measured in metric tons.
    Things done in moderation (not that I do things in moderation) need not necessarily be poor choices.

Bruh, what's your favorite? I found the cheap walmart apple to be exceptional the next morning with hot tea/coffee

They're ALL my favorite. Never met a pie I didn't like. Have devoured a few pumpkin pies most recently.
    Peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream goes down pretty well, too. It has crust and fruit so I consider it to be part of the pie family.

You don't eat mincemeat, do you? I'm thinking it must be better than the weird stuff I had as a kid. The cobblers are too sweet for me. I like it when it's more of a fruit pie than a sugar pie. Last year we has a triple beary oops, berry cobbler, beary is my cat, the cobbler was too sweet but sounded so good. We have pumpkin and cool whip that I am trying not to think about.

If it has the word "pie" in its name. I'm good with it.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    12-1 rest + yoga
    12-2 7k treadmill + resistance bands
    12-3 7k treadmill + yoga
    12-4 7k slow + resistance bands
    12-5 7k slow + yoga
    12-6 7k slow
    12-7 7k easy + resistance bands
    12-8 rest + yoga
    12-9 7k easy + resistance bands
    12-10 7k easy-ish + yoga
    12-11 7k moderate-ish + resistance bands
    12-12 5k treadmill + yoga
    12-13 7k slow

December Total: 75k
    December Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k
    July Total: 180k
    August Total: 172k
    September Total: 176k
    October Total: 189k
    November Total: 180k

2020 Total through November: 1953k

LIVE total toward 2020k in 2020: 2028k

Cloudy, upper 30s F, with a little rain mixed with snow and a breeze from the northwest.
    All this pie talk is making me hungry. Now I have to go bake some cornbread to go with my chili.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles - Completed 10-11
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020 - Completed 12-12
    Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders -- Completed 9-29

2020 races:

9-8 to 9-13 "Virtual Boston with Vincent" Time goal 5:15:00; actual time 4:47:01
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,964 Member
    I am glad I chose to run yesterday instead of today. It is gross and cold and foggy out today. Plus it is windy and there are wind advisories for later today. So I will rest and probably just do some yoga. I usually do some yoga every day.  Sometimes it is more of a workout and sometimes more for relaxing.  My hip feels ok.  I usually only run Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday.  So I will probably take tomorrow as a rest day too and then see what Tuesday is like. I am thinking since I am decreasing my mileage I will try to add back some walking on my rest days. I had cut that back some after my mileage started increasing because my weight was dropping more than I wanted it to, but I don't want to cut my eating back too much and walking makes me feel good too. Yoga us great, but not much of a calorie burner.

I have never heard of purple taro @noblsheep  but I love sweet potato pie.

@Shanaber Sorry the hamstring is still bothering you.  Hoping it is better soon.

@polskagirl01 Thanks for sharing that recipe.

@quilteryoyo I thought of you yesterday.  I was coming out of the grocery store and saw a couple going in. A couple of weeks ago they both had Covid and she was hospitalized with breathing problems.  They both looked good. I hope your dad is doing better today and you and your mom as well.

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    12/1 – 6 miles
    12/2 – 10K day
    12/3 – 4 miles
    12/4 – 4 miles
    12/5 – 7 miles
    12/6 – 6 miles
    12/7 – 3 miles
    12/8 – 4 miles
    12/9 – 7 miles
    12/10 – 5 miles
    12/11 – 9 (4 road and 5 trail)
    12/12 – 3 miles
    12/13 – 7 miles

71 (73.09) of 125 miles

@kgirlhart you are so right about the dog and owner. He just loves to be with us, that’s all he wanted was love.
    @avidkeo yummy!!!
    @HonuNui wow that’s wild. Poor piggy. Green tomato mincemeat pie sounds great.

Races:
    211.9 of 250 miles Yuletide Madness

Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer - done
    Big Foot Wild Thangs Trail Race 5K/10K – June 20 on the trails…all together like a real race - done
    Run 4 on the 4th – Virtual 4 miles on 4th of July - done
    ISS Virtual 5K in July – done
    Jackalope Trail Run 4 miler – done
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach – done
    Scooby Doo Virtual 10K - done
    Skunk Ape 5 miler August 1 trail race in person – done
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June – August – done
    Chupacabra 10K/HM – August 22 - done
    Running of the Bulls Virtual 5K – 9/14 – 30/2020 - done
    The Pinhoti Trail Challenge 335 miles virtual – 1 Sept to 31 Dec – done
    PinkPumpkin 10K – completed 10/30
    2020 Liberty Road Challenge WWII soldiers journey from St. Mere Eglisde to Bastogne, Belgium – charity virtual run for the WII museum in New Orleans 716 miles team event 4 July – September – our team has finished
    Space Race 400K Challenge 12 weeks running 248.5 miles to the ISS – August to November – done
    Bridge Street HM Virtual – 10/24 – 11/7/2020 – virtual done
    Halloween 5K virtual with Fleet Feet – 10/31/2020 - done
    Yuletide Madness Oct 31 – Dec 31 2020
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon – October – running virtual - done
    Cathedral Caverns 15K trail race – in person – done
    Virtual Turkey Trot 5K – done
    Downtown HSV Charity run 5K - done

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,699 Member
    December Goal – 120 miles
    12/1 – 1.05 miles
    12/2 – 6.41 miles
    12/3 – 3.3 miles
    12/4 – 5.02 miles
    12/5 – 1.72 miles (travel day)
    12/6 – 6.09 miles (2 mile walk on beach)
    12/7 – 5.50 miles (4 mile walk on beach)
    12/8 – 6.21 miles Jingle all the 10K Way (virtual)
    12/9 – 3.51 miles (18.44 mile bike ride; 1.78 mile walk on beach)
    12/10 – 13.24 miles
    12/11 – 5.14 miles (2.27 mile beach walk)
    12/12 – 1.14 (travel day)
    12/13 – 1.26
    Total – 59.59

Enjoyed some time away at the beach but 13 ½ hours in a car is tough. Thought about you @katharmonic when trying to keep my streak alive on those travel days. Piece of cake compared to you running in hiking boots after a long day of hiking! Waiting on my email from the Yeti 12 Day of Christmas challenge to see how many miles I get to do tomorrow….

Love all the pictures of truffles, cookies and other goodies – and the pie talk! I ate Sunday lunch with my parents today and mom had strawberry cobbler for dessert – Yum!

@quilteryoyo and @eleanorhawkins – praying for you and your families.

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,046 Member
    @Tramboman and @polskagirl01 - congrats on finishing 2020km+ in 2020! Awesome!
    @quilteryoyo - So sorry to hear your dad ended up in the hospital. Here's hoping he turns a corner soon.
    @polskagirl01 And @Avidkeo - the treats look amazing!
    @swenson19d Welcome back!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,046 Member
    edited December 2020
    Re: pie.
    I love pie but don't have it often. Usually it's more of a holiday thing. My favorite is something with meringue on top. Like a lemon meringue or a chocolate pie. My mom makes the best coconut pie ever and it had a big pile of toasted meringue on top that just melts in your mouth.
    Never had mincemeat and pecan is just too sweet for me. My mom loves it but she is also diabetic and eats the tiniest sliver. Then usually has to take a little extra insulin. One big reason it is a Thanksgiving only pie at their house.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    @shanaber peppermint schnapps in cocoa is delicious. I had salted caramel vodka in mine tonight. The fire was wonderful and it was so good to catch up with a couple of friends who I haven't been able to see much. I will have to try mincemeat sometime.

@Teresa502 good job on your streak while traveling. And 13+ hours in car before running would definitely be tough. Hope you had a great time at the beach! That sounds wonderful.

@martaindale it's amazing to me too that sometimes the feel of the run just doesn't match the pace - which can happen in either direction. I'd rather be a little too cold too because I'm usually going to end up hot at some point regardless. Also see you post reminds me I'm thinking of going back to the rock climbing gym this week if I can. They have reopened more fully and a friend of mine went today and posted pics and I'm anxious to get back into it.