December 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic if I ever win the lottery I will definitely be looking at a Theragun sort of thing and probably a TENS unit too!
    This is the Friday/Saturday deep stretching routine I'm doing. I think I'm in love with it.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,957 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary Those look delicious!

@Camaramandy648 I hope you get news soon and it is that you are all negative. Great running.

@polskagirl01 I love my Trekz Titanium headset too. Also purchased due to @PastorVincent recommendation. Sounds like a good, albeit cold, ride. Glad your daughter is enjoying the snow.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I missed a bunch of posts somehow.

@ContraryMaryMary oh my, those cupcakes look amazing!

My husband bought his own TENS unit (actually, he later bought a second one because he kept lending out the one he had). It's a little battery-powered portable thing that comes with its own carrying case, and it does a great job. I don't think it was very expensive. I recommend!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 - I have recommended the Trekz as well. I am on my 3rd warranty replacement pair as each has broken right at the control area. I think because that part is heavy compared to the rest of the headset. I also think it must be a pretty common issue because they have not questioned the warranty requests and just sent me new ones each time. I do like them well enough but they have started to hurt the tops of my ears. I suspect it may be from my hat and/or sunglasses putting pressure on them but I can't figure out how to change it to be better.

@TheMrWobbly I have an older Apple Watch (series 3) and the battery performance really improved with the last watch os update. Then all of a sudden it started dieing and at one point the battery went completely dead. When it powered back up it was like it reset or something and now the battery is great again. Definitely not as good as a Garmin but I never expected it to be. I do a couple of things to help preserve the battery when I run or workout. I wear a HRM chest strap so the watch doesn't have to get the HR information. And I run Strava as an app directly on my watch as it seems to be more efficient than the Watch workout app.
  • Kimbeers
    Kimbeers Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    12/1: 2.3 miles- much easier without the jogging stroller and baby
    12/3: 2 miles- discovered today that my jogging stroller has very flat tires
    12/7: 2 miles- what a difference with air in the tires! I went from running about 11’30”-12’00” miles to doing 10’45” average per mile today.
    12/10: 2.1 miles

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    12/1 – 6 miles
    12/2 – 10K day
    12/3 – 4 miles
    12/4 – 4 miles
    12/5 – 7 miles
    12/6 – 6 miles
    12/7 – 3 miles
    12/8 – 4 miles
    12/9 – 7 miles
    12/10 – 5 miles

52 (53.84) of 125 miles

@katharmonic tell him if you didn’t run you would have no need to see him. I was thinking while laying in bed this morning that I need a good deep tissue massage on my legs, they are talking to me quite a bit. I’ll have to think about that more.
    @shanaber I agree with you on the shoes. My cousin gave me one of those off label (for lack of a better word) thera-guns, it’s a killer, but feels good. I was in Academy and try the “real” one and it’s quite a bit stronger, but I was good with the off brand one my cousin gave me too. Sounds like you got 2 great gifts.
    @noblsheep “my nose was running quite a bit faster than I was” I’m sorry but that’s hysterical.
    @marisap2010 I’m sucked into those Christmas Cookie challenge shows too ha ha
    Wow no rain to run in in a year, I’d like that ha ha @RunsOnEspresso
    @mbaker566 I’m with you working on the speed, the other day I ran down the street with Skip as fast as I could and I was like I can’t believe this used to be my pace. Love the hair
    @quilteryoyo how frustrating, how hard would it be to give you the number ugh. Glad he’s feeling better after the doctor visit. Wow on the hawk.
    @ContraryMaryMary you made those!!!! They are amazing.

Races:
    192.48 of 250 miles Yuletide Madness
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer - done
    Big Foot Wild Thangs Trail Race 5K/10K – June 20 on the trails…all together like a real race - done
    Run 4 on the 4th – Virtual 4 miles on 4th of July - done
    ISS Virtual 5K in July – done
    Jackalope Trail Run 4 miler – done
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach – done
    Scooby Doo Virtual 10K - done
    Skunk Ape 5 miler August 1 trail race in person – done
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June – August – done
    Chupacabra 10K/HM – August 22 - done
    Running of the Bulls Virtual 5K – 9/14 – 30/2020 - done
    The Pinhoti Trail Challenge 335 miles virtual – 1 Sept to 31 Dec – done
    PinkPumpkin 10K – completed 10/30
    2020 Liberty Road Challenge WWII soldiers journey from St. Mere Eglisde to Bastogne, Belgium – charity virtual run for the WII museum in New Orleans 716 miles team event 4 July – September – our team has finished
    Space Race 400K Challenge 12 weeks running 248.5 miles to the ISS – August to November – done
    Bridge Street HM Virtual – 10/24 – 11/7/2020 – virtual done
    Halloween 5K virtual with Fleet Feet – 10/31/2020 - done
    Yuletide Madness Oct 31 – Dec 31 2020
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon – October – running virtual - done
    Cathedral Caverns 15K trail race – in person – done
    Virtual Turkey Trot 5K – done
    Downtown HSV Charity run 5K - done
    Rudolph Run 5K 12/12 in person
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Wow @ContraryMaryMary amazing! Where are you off to?

I did absolutely nothing I had planned yesterday. I didn't even do my usual exercise. And I ate too much. Consequently this mornings 5k was easy and great.

Have to make those truffles this weekend. Who likes Baileys and who likes Whisky?

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary Those cupcakes are so cute and sound yummy!

I too have recommended the trekz every where for years. I don't use them for anything but running but they are the best I've had for running.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    I entered one of those random challenges on Strava, a turkey trot one by Roka, and they are giving free bandanas to everyone who finished it BUT it's US only. So, first person in the US who would like a free bandana and sends me their shipping address can have it ;-)