December 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i was thinking that too @katharmonic especially the taking off part

but i think someplace i still have the tape from the bandages when i was bit last year
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,052 Member
    35.8/100 Miles

12/1: 5.1 Miles
    12/3: 3.6 miles
    12/4: 10 miles
    12/5: 7 miles
    12/7: 3.6 miles
    12/8: 6.5 miles

Little pace work today. It was lovely outside. The run was hard but felt great.
    Now my watch is not working. Hopefully I can get it up and running asap. It hasn't ever given me any real issues.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    if you already have a blister on the back of your heel, how do you protect the area when you run again?
    a rock got in my shoe and now i've got a broken blister.
    I use hydrocolloidal bandaids, they protect the blister and also cushion it. Stupid expensive but they are waterproof and stay on for a few days if you’re lucky.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    @rheddmobile great way to "save face"!

@Scott6255 I'm glad you got the truck repair figured out!

@quilteryoyo great advice about things to take. Don't forget good hydration and lots of rest!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,947 Member
    @Scott6255 Glad you finally got your truck repaired and found out that running in the afternoon isn't too bad.

@rheddmobile Yeah for those gymnastic moves. You deserve a gold medal! Great run in the cold.

Oh yes, @polskagirl01 ! Rest and lots of liquids.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    December Goal Do something every day....

12/1 2.50
    12/2 3.05 and deep mucked the chicken coop
    12/3 1.35
    12/4 4.06
    12/5 1.00
    12/6 4.05
    12/7 1.50
    12/8 1.00

Total 18.51

exercise.png

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Still no run for me. My hip is improving, but still not 100%. I am trying to be patient and let it get better. I've been doing some gentle yoga and it helps, at least it helps my frame of mind.

Patience is the right word.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,947 Member
    Thank you @skippygirlsmom ! Those are great examples.

@Tramboman Glad you saw that ONE snowflake. :wink:
  • Tramboman
    Morning update on the family situation below. Not at all running related.
    Dad's oxygen level was low this morning and he felt lousy. He hasn't been sleeping much either. I called and talked to the VA nurse triage line, just to see if I should bring him to the VA or call 911. Turns out neither was warranted. I had been told by a nurse friend that if his oxygen got below 90 to call 911 so they could start treatment right away. The VA nurse, whom I feel may be a little more versed in CoVID, at least the VA protocol, said that if it is consistently 85 or below for 2 hours (never in that time gets above 85) to call back and they would set him up with an appointment with his doctor (not the one that gave this to us). She said major issues don't start until it is consistently 81 or below for like 5 hours.

I had called mom and dad on my cell phone to help get information for the triage, while talking to the nurse on my landline. That was interesting - trying to get mom to understand what I was doing and get straight answers. Anyway, while we were talking, they checked his oxygen level again and it was 91%. So, I think he is going to be ok. He isn't convinced though. When he thought he was going to the hospital, he told mom "I probably won't be back." Made mom cry. Makes me cry too. I wish I could transfer a positive attitude to him, but I can't. Just praying that he is okay. This is day 5. Half way to being all better, I hope.

Mom and I are doing good today.

Things appear to be looking up. Hang in there!!!
  • Tramboman
    Thank you @skippygirlsmom ! Those are great examples.

@Tramboman Glad you saw that ONE snowflake. :wink:

There's a gazillion more hiding out in the clouds...