December 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 Sounds like you had a good "race." It is different when you are by yourself. Beautiful place for a run.

@Tramboman You are so consistent. Wonder where the robins went?
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    03/12 2.68 miles
    06/12 2.35 miles

5.03 of 30 miles

Happy Birthday @shanaber and @Scott6255
    @quilteryoyo - Feel so bad for you. Hope ur temperature settles and nothing gets in the way of ur surgery.
    @shorkster - Every mile u do is one closer to ur 30 target so don’t lose hope
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @Scott6255 and @shanaber!!

@shorkster there is nothing wrong with changing goals as you go. In fact it's very healthy! Yay for completing week 7. That's the point a lot of people give up. You got this!

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @shorkster there is nothing wrong with changing goals as you go. In fact it's very healthy! Yay for completing week 7. That's the point a lot of people give up. You got this!
    /\ YES, all of this!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 Sounds like you had a good "race." It is different when you are by yourself. Beautiful place for a run.

@Tramboman You are so consistent. Wonder where the robins went?

If they went to Florida, I wish they'd take me...
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @Scott6255 and @shanaber

Hugs to those that need it.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, @Scott6255 and @shanaber!
  • martaindale
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Oh no!! So sorry to hear you tested positive just as things were coming together for your surgery. I hope you continue to feel ok and recover quickly.
  • martaindale
    Options
    25.7/100 Miles

12/1: 5.1 Miles
    12/3: 3.6 miles
    12/4: 10 miles
    12/5: 7 miles

Did what was supposed to be my Thursday threshold run on Saturday. I wasn't sure how my legs would feel after doing my 10 mile long run the day before. It was totally fine. I did the run and actually kept up a slightly faster pace than what was on my plan.
    I broke out a new pair of shoes and it was definitely time. I think the extra cushion helped out my legs too. I'm consistently shocked when I see people mention having 500 miles on a pair of shoes. I am a steady 250 miler. I can usually even tell when I'm almost to 250 just by how my knees feel when I'm starting to run. Don't know how you guys do it. I go through a lot of shoes but I just can't push it. Maybe 300 max.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Oh, @quilteryoyo I'm so sorry to hear you tested positive! I hope that your symptoms will not get any worse and that you will recover very quickly. The timing is terrible, and I just really hope that your it will not be a big increased risk for you in whatever the course of action is going forward. You are in my thoughts. Did your parents get tested also?

@martaindale I have the same thing with shoes. My knees definitely tell me when it's time and it's usually about 300 miles for me too. I pushed it too long on this last pair and I am so relieved to have a new cushiony pair again and felt like I noticed a difference with my long run and faster run the day after.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    December Goal Do something every day....

12/1 2.50
    12/2 3.05 and deep mucked the chicken coop
    12/3 1.35
    12/4 4.06
    12/5 1.00
    12/6 4.05

Total 16.01
    @quilteryoyo I am so sorry-as you say this is terrible timing. I hope your symptoms are mild....or NONE!

exercise.png