GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,430 Member
    Options
    Well I’m impressed. You didn’t have either a band or a five foot tall trainer pushing your butt up from underneath. Impressive, indeed.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,558 Member
    Options
    Well I’m impressed. You didn’t have either a band or a five foot tall trainer pushing your butt up from underneath. Impressive, indeed.

Haha thanks! No band for this hard fought single. But I do use bands if I want to do more than one. It feels like it's taking for EVER, but I am also moving 185lbs. Haha
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,363 Member
    Options
    I did it! One (and 3/4!) full hang unassisted wide grip pullup! Wooooo!
    55etcq9qibee.gif

Proud of you Sandy!
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I did it! One (and 3/4!) full hang unassisted wide grip pullup! Wooooo!
    55etcq9qibee.gif

4lbi37hipj5k.gif

:kissing_heart:
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Proud of you Sandy!
    😁😁😁 Thanks!
    Tallawah_ wrote: »
    4lbi37hipj5k.gif

:kissing_heart:

Thank you! 😊
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhh!!

I've been working on wide grips lately and I did a pile of singles and assisted yesterday. Today... I don't know what happened... But look!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

25uq86h7n9fl.gif

Yesssss 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 This just made me smile so hard!!!!
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    Okay, they're not GIFs, but they're stills from my powerlifting meet last weekend. Did relatively easy 297.6 lb Squat, 241 lb Bench and 330 lb Deadlift. I wanted to go 9 for 9 and avoid injury. I accomplished both goals. Sorry about the size of the pics . . .

jmdw2wyq9hoi.jpg

px14mgm2b38r.jpg

hihon326ry7y.jpg

This is amazing 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Congrats!!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »

3x body weight beltless hatfield squat

CHIEF!! Awesome work! Dayum. That's amazing. 🤩
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    xl1dr5nvbdh1.png

Not a lifting gif but I wanted to share with this crew as pretty damning evidence to corroborate speculation about being under-recovered. That big drop coincides with a reduction in training volume and intensity, switching from the rando Reddit guy’s program that I had been doing (that I did really enjoy and thought very effective) to the RP 6 day Men’s Physique Template. I can’t attribute that drop to anything other than a reduction in inflammation and cortisol. I’ve been feeling significantly less creaky and generally a higher level of wellness. On the plus side, I found my threshold for MRV which I could sustain for a while. I’m really looking forward to this hypertrophy phase and how auto-regulated this program is for volume and deloads.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »
    xl1dr5nvbdh1.png

Not a lifting gif but I wanted to share with this crew as pretty damning evidence to corroborate speculation about being under-recovered. That big drop coincides with a reduction in training volume and intensity, switching from the rando Reddit guy’s program that I had been doing (that I did really enjoy and thought very effective) to the RP 6 day Men’s Physique Template. I can’t attribute that drop to anything other than a reduction in inflammation and cortisol. I’ve been feeling significantly less creaky and generally a higher level of wellness. On the plus side, I found my threshold for MRV which I could sustain for a while. I’m really looking forward to this hypertrophy phase and how auto-regulated this program is for volume and deloads.

I confess... I don't think I understand what I'm seeing... But it sounds like what you're saying is that not getting enough rest between sessions will, over time, whittle away at your ability to progress. Is that correct? It makes sense, so it's neat to see data that corroborates it.
  • steveko89
    Options
    xl1dr5nvbdh1.png

I confess... I don't think I understand what I'm seeing... But it sounds like what you're saying is that not getting enough rest between sessions will, over time, whittle away at your ability to progress. Is that correct? It makes sense, so it's neat to see data that corroborates it.

I had been speculating that my volume and intensity got to the point where I needed either a deload or a wholesale change in program. Comparing sets/week to Max recoverable volume (MRV) guidance my hypertrophy sets were at or exceeding the high end with some other strength sets tacked on. My efforts to cut some fat had leveled off in conjunction with feeling run down leading up to that virtual lifting competition I did (where my lifts also suffered). Calories and food practices stayed roughly the same but weight started falling off over the last two weeks (graph is rolling average weight) as soon as I even slightly deloaded.

What really struck me was that I always expected overtraining to present with performance falling off a clif, rather than a gradual accumulation of fatigue and nagging injuries. I’d been not getting great sleep and kept blaming myself thinking it was leading to poor training. However, I think it was ultimately more a symptom than the cause.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    xl1dr5nvbdh1.png

I had been speculating that my volume and intensity got to the point where I needed either a deload or a wholesale change in program. Comparing sets/week to Max recoverable volume (MRV) guidance my hypertrophy sets were at or exceeding the high end with some other strength sets tacked on. My efforts to cut some fat had leveled off in conjunction with feeling run down leading up to that virtual lifting competition I did (where my lifts also suffered). Calories and food practices stayed roughly the same but weight started falling off over the last two weeks (graph is rolling average weight) as soon as I even slightly deloaded.

What really struck me was that I always expected overtraining to present with performance falling off a clif, rather than a gradual accumulation of fatigue and nagging injuries. I’d been not getting great sleep and kept blaming myself thinking it was leading to poor training. However, I think it was ultimately more a symptom than the cause.

That is some really good insight and I wonder if it's why I always do so well to start on stronglifts and then invariably get injured and tank.

Thank you for sharing!
  • steveko89
    Options
    xl1dr5nvbdh1.png

That is some really good insight and I wonder if it's why I always do so well to start on stronglifts and then invariably get injured and tank.

Thank you for sharing!

Re:Stronglifts. Probably? Since it’s a linear program it accumulates intensity quickly if you’re adding weight consistently. With more than a few months-year of training history it’s not expected to PR weekly given the level of adaptations achieved.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    xl1dr5nvbdh1.png

Thank you for sharing!

Because SL is only mainly useful for a person who is a beginner or somebody who has stopped lifting for a significant time.

SL has virtually no auto regulation and even worse zero proper load management which increases injury risk once you start "grinding".

Best to stop and move on to appropriate programming before any grinding is going on.

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    35grov3kvryw.jpg
    Lifted again today. I hate not having good AC
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    35grov3kvryw.jpg
    Lifted again today. I hate not having good AC

You're killing it. I look at those pullups with such awe. I'm still working hard at getting TWO for one set. Lol. You'r strength is fabulous!