Options
13»

Replies

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    LaraeTX wrote: »
    To the OP, since its been almost a week now I hope you come back and tell us about your experience with keto so far! Its great that you and your husband are doing this together...seems like it can be a little easier when more than one person in the household is on board. Hopefully you are both successful and are able to work your way towards better health!

Thank you so much. We have both lost 5 pounds in the first 5 days. We aren’t super strict, more so making sure we are staying under calories and just keeping the carbs down by being more aware of what we are putting in our mouth. There’s a lot of strong opinions on the thread. Everyone bickering because they “have been on this site x years” and everyone always knows more than everyone else. Pretty funny I got called “new”. I’ve been a member since 2009. For the first 6 years I logged on religiously and did very well. I got divorced, remarried, life happened and things changed. Now I want to start over again and work on me and us. I appreciate you checking in with me and not adding to the bickering. 🤗

You're welcome...I'm glad to hear its going well so far! I'll be the first to admit I'm no expert on everything, nor am I a perfect shining example of any "right way" to lose weight, outside of the calorie deficit part. (I've been on here a long time for a reason...because I struggle too, even after all this time!) To me, the right way is the way that works for you and helps you stick with it, whatever that means for you. Honestly, I think a lot of people here agree with that, too, as obviously there are a lot of different viewpoints!
    As for the community, I know sometimes there is bickering over semantics in threads that can be off-putting, but there are also diamonds in the rough. There are some wonderful people who really want to be helpful, and I hope that you can gain wisdom from them as much as I have. (I know you said you've been around awhile..wasnt sure how much you'd dipped into the forums)

I never actually answered your OP question...I've never done keto myself, but I attempted low carb for about two weeks and realized that I was going nowhere fast. Lol If you don't have them, though, I would recommend checking out the South Beach cookbooks from your local library. They have some great recipe ideas and many low carb options. I actually learned that I love mashed cauliflower almost as much as mashed potatoes, and it's just as easy to make!
    Anyway, good luck and good health!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options