Less Alcohol - JANUARY 2021 - One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    @mainelylisa excellent idea to re focus on what to do instead. Your wicked smart (say it with a Maine accent).
    Maybe if we get a decent amount of snow this Winter we can meet up half way between us and have ourselves a snowshoe outing.
    Enjoy your writing session.
  • MissMay
    Options
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    Hello! Yes, we are LESS alcohol--whatever that means to each of us. No requirement for Dry anything.

I'm focusing more this year on what I'm trying to accomplish because I'm drinking less, rather than the drinking less.

I like your idea of finding something to focus on ... especially during that few hours in the evening that seem to drag! I think over the next week I'll get back to learning Spanish, finishing at least 1 of the 4 books I have started and decluttering my office in the evenings. Try not sitting in front of the TV on the computer after dinner LOL

Having that "purpose" is a powerful tool.
  • MissMay
    Options
    @Tygirl2016 good to see you made it to our January thread. Television is hideous for the alcohol commercial, not to mention the t.v. shows that glamorize all types of booze as well. Sitting watching a show I often comment out loud how many drinks an actor has had in a short time.

A naked mind by Annie Grace is a good place to start out.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Replied on NYE and then hit done and it disappeared 😭 anywho, made it fine with no alcohol on New Year's and dare to say I didn't even really miss it. I tried Mingle's cosmo that I found in the grocery store and blah it was weirdly bitter. Mostly stuck to my mock peach bellinis (peach nectar and club soda) and the husband, kids and I rang in midnight with sparkling cider. It was a nice night and I felt great waking up yesterday 🙂

Oooh, I’m definitely trying your mock peach Bellinis! Sounds delicious! I need an alternative to cranberry and Pelligrino!

Glad you had a nice NYE with your family, and alcohol free to boot!