• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    πŸ„πŸπŸ‚πŸŒΎπŸ„πŸŒΎπŸ‚πŸπŸ„
    πŸ„πŸπŸ‚ SEPTEMBER πŸ‚πŸπŸ„
    πŸ„πŸπŸ‚πŸŒΎπŸ„πŸŒΎπŸ‚πŸπŸ„
    ocbtnk3lembi.jpg

Yesterday I bought a large shelving unit for our Hobbies Room. It a perfect size for my 12 in wide containers. I spent the late afternoon and some of the evening clearing everything out from where we are going to put the unit, and am working on finishing that job today. After that it will be a massive Declutter of all the stuff I removed, and replacing what I am keeping. I will donate/recycle/bin as necessary anything that does not spark joy. Hobbies should spark joy, Right? Arts/crafts are one of my lifelong passions so this is a first serious Declutter runthrough of the materials I have gathered up over five and a half decades. I need to learn to implement the 'one in/one out' rule!

@mytime6630 <> I find that it helps me to log everything I'm going to eat either the night before or in the morning. It removes any uncertainty about what I'm going to eat. I do adjust amounts during the day to reflect what I'm actually putting on the plate, And I also allow myself to change my mind from time to time. You don't always feel like eating what you've put in in the morning. But I do try and make sure that the substitutions are of a similar calorific value. The operative word there is TRY!!! πŸ˜‚
    @Snowflake1968 <> have a great time on your birthday weekend. It sounds like it'll be a real blast.
    @azulvioleta6 <> Lovely to see you posting again. So sorry about your dad's health. Will keep him in my prayers. Covid is bad everywhere. All we can do is make sure we take precautions. Too many people are being very blasΓ© about it.

πŸ”ΉWord - Balance
    πŸ”ΉI am in tune with my dreams
    πŸ”ΉI know what is right for me
    πŸ”ΉI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

πŸ”ΉI live in congruence with my authentic self
    πŸ”ΉI am mindful
    πŸ”ΉI am creative every day
    πŸ”ΉI foster positivity
    πŸ”ΉI am compassionate
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (βœ”οΈSept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • 11 Apr: 142.2
    • 1 May: 142.6
    • 3 June: 144.4 (thanks to Bank holiday 4 day weekend indulgences)
    [*] 1 July: 144.4 (holding steady)
    [*] 1 Aug: 143.2
    [*] 1 Sept: 142.9
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 84.1 (SmartScale app)

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    September goal: maintenance

Daily Habits:
    Wed: πŸ„ Thu: πŸ„ Fri: Sat: Sun: Mon: Tue:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: βœ… 2/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: βœ… 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 23.1 β€”>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: βœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 ⏫
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green βœ… 2/7
    5. Steps > 7500 βœ… 2/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyβœ… 2/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily βœ… 2/7

🐝Positive Intentions for Fri 10 Sept:
    [*] Meditation 🐝
    [*] Weigh/record weight 🐝
    [*] Journal - (Sept Tiny Habit) 10+ minutes🐝
    [*] Declutter session 🐝
    [*] Daily Chores/laundry
    [*] Hobbies Room refit
    [*] Puzzles: Watch TV
    [*] Be creative
    [*] Keep up to date with email 🐝
    [*] Daily goals update 🐝

πŸ““ Tiny Habit for September πŸ““ Write > 10 minutes in Journal
    This is going well so far. I am was getting lazy about putting pen to paper.
    πŸ““πŸ““πŸ““πŸ““πŸ““πŸ““πŸ““
    πŸ““πŸ““
    πŸ„πŸπŸ‚πŸπŸ„πŸπŸ‚πŸπŸ„πŸπŸ‚πŸπŸ„
    πŸ„πŸ JFT SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE πŸπŸ„
    πŸ„πŸπŸ‚πŸ„ Meal Planning πŸ„πŸ‚πŸπŸ„
    πŸ„πŸπŸ‚πŸπŸ„πŸπŸ‚πŸπŸ„πŸπŸ‚πŸπŸ„
    πŸ„ For each day you had a meal plan and stuck to it πŸ„
    Week 1: πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„
    Week 2: πŸ„πŸ„
    Week 3:
    Week 4:
    Week 5:
    THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 953 Member
    Options

JFT Thursday 9h Sept

Log everything yes
    Keep under maintenance no, terrible day, logged 1900 calories!
    Back exercises yes
    Foot exercises yes
    SEWING REPAIRS! YAY!!!
    Walk to pharmacy yes, out for an hour, about 45 minutes walking
    Arms something forgot
    Finish To Do list, make those phone calls everything except the phone calls, why do I dislike phoning so much?
    One extra job a bit of gardening

Like @mytime6630 I need to plan my evenings better. I ate 3 good calorie counted meals, then snacked around 450 cals in the evening. Still reacting to family stuff...trying to force medicine down a screaming poorly 2 year old is not a relaxing evening. He also had to be Covid tested as there is a case in his nursery. Poor kid.

And I finally did my sewing repairs at last, although it took longer than expected. I went upstairs to collect the pile, came down to find my son's dog had thrown up on my good rug, and finished off on my living room carpet. It was only cleaned last week! Really, I only have one room with carpet, and she came in from the garden and found it, missing all the hard floors! So that took a while to clean up. I don't know if I can save the rug, it's not looking good. (The dog's fine btw).

JFT Friday 10th Sept

Log everything
    Keep under maintenance
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    Walk? It's very wet
    Arms something
    Phone calls
    One extra job

Word for 2021 Strength

• littleblackskirt
    Options
    Just want to say thank you to whoever recommended podcasts recently (@mytime6630?). I tried to have a listen but couldn't as I don't have itunes. So I looked on you tube instead for Corinne Crabtree and have been listening there while having lunch.
    wow, that lady has some nuggets which hit home. She said "You have a relationship with you...don't cheat on yourself!" That was whilst talking about "grab-*kitten*" food...all the extra bits you eat which aren't planned. I heard this just after I'd picked up a completely unnecessary extra at lunch. I only have one body, I'm not going to cheat on myself!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

JFT, 9/9/21
    - up by 8 amβœ…
    - mindful coffeeβœ…My therapist wants me to start practicing mindfulness and I've had a really hard time keeping it consistent. But the last few days I've tried mindful eating. Which is paying close attention to what your eating and using the five sense to really check in. It's been pretty interesting. And it's something I know I can do consistently bc I already eat a lot on my own(breakfast/break) so it should be easy to keep up with this.
    - update JFTβœ…
    - call Dr's about apptsβœ…
    - 1 instacart batchβœ…But had a bit of a headache at one point. But got it done in less then an hour. So I made $25ish in one hour. Lol.
    - clean off kitchen tableβœ…
    - clean toilet/wipe down bathroom countersβœ…πŸ›‘Cleaned the toilet. Couldn't be bothered to move everything off the sink counter to actually wipe it all down.
    - 6 PM medβœ…
    - finish laundryβœ…Threw in the last thing before I left this morning. Matt's gonna put it in the dryer when he wakes up
    - cook dinnerπŸ›‘We got pizza. But a small one. It's 6 tiny pieces so I didn't fell bad about eating half of it. It's like the total of 2.25 pieces of a large. Lol
    - PM meds/teethβœ…
    - listsβœ…Only my To-Do list. My BFF and I were having a really hard/really real conversation last night and it exhausted me so I only managed to get one of them done before I had to go to bed.
    - bed by 8:30βœ…Yup. And Matt came to cuddle with me too! Lol. I fell asleep almost immediately. Lol

JFT 9/10/21
    - up by 4:20βœ…
    - Work 5-1βœ…
    - Mindful eating on breakβœ…
    - return AC unitβœ…
    - Ask C about leaving early on 9/16βœ…Got the okay
    - pick up walmart order
    - 1 batch(preferably Costco)
    - buy chicken for dinner
    - check out Jury Service Portal for Matt
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    JFT 09/09 (Thur)
    - Up by 7:30 X 8:00
    - Vitamins X
    - Walk dogs βœ“ 15 min, 0.52 mile
    - Drop off rent βœ“
    - Work - Catch up on paperwork before weekend! βœ“ The important stuff, anyway. Still have a little more
    - 10 mindful minutes/stretch break X
    - 64 oz of water βœ“ 64 oz
    - 10,000 steps/5 flights βœ“/βœ“
    - 30 minutes of cardio βœ“
    - Pick up B.C. X
    - Log everything/Stay green βœ“/βœ“
    - Screens off 10:30, bed by 11 βœ“
    Happy Friday <3

JFT 09/10
    - Dishes
    - Sweep hallway
    - Pick up B.C.
    - Laundry
    - 10,000 steps/5 flights
    - 64 oz of water
    - 30 minutes of cardio
    - Prep macaroni salad for dinner
    - Prep crackers, cheese & pepperoni for fire
    - Log everything/stay green
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Still adjusting to the earlier mornings that come with 8 AM classes. It probably makes sense to evaluate the day and set up the next day's goals in the evening. I need to get the sleep part straightened out too.

Anyway, here are today's goals. Hope each of you has a fantastic weekend!

Thursday 9/9
    • Log everything :)
    • Stay in the green on calories and sodium :)
    • Water :)
    • Evaluate diagnostic essays :( Guess what I'll be doing this weekend.
    • Read some posts and catch up with JFT friends :( Wiped out, so I went to sleep early.

Friday 9/10
    Log everything
    • Stay in the green on calories and sodium
    • Water
    • Relax
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,593 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - just finished coffee stuff and we’re leaving this place to drive to our next place. Food is always unplanned, but I won’t eat again until after 11:30. We’ll be hiking some along the way.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,200 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Not sure how long I have been gone (2.7K messages), just popping it to say that I am still alive and hoping to get back on track in the near future.

I started a job rotation in a management position in January, which has been GREAT for my career, but it means rare breaks, short lunches and long hours, so my 15-minute workouts went by the wayside. In March, my incredibly healthy father was diagnosed with late-stage pancreatic cancer metastasized to the liver. NOT good news. I was lucky to be able to do quite a bit of telecommuting from my parents' home early on. He is seeing one of the best doctors in the country for his condition and is responding well so far, so that has settled down a bit for now.

COVID is very bad again here in Oregon, so it is still too dangerous for the gym or the pool and I am back to having to order my food, as going into stores is too much of a risk. Still, I could get back to walking or doing home workouts. I need to start setting tiny goals again, just to deal with stress if nothing else.

Hope you all are well!

I wondered how you were doing.. and good to see you back. So very sorry about your father.. I am all too familiar with pancreatic cancer. I will keep your father in my thoughts and prayers.
    I think covid has sidetracked so many of us with our weightloss/exercise goals. I still am not going to the gym, but I do walk a lot .. most days 5-6 miles. For me the walking is probably more for mental therapy than excercise though.
    anyhow .. good to see you back.. and you are right .. start with tiny goals.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Just want to say thank you to whoever recommended podcasts recently (@mytime6630?). I tried to have a listen but couldn't as I don't have itunes. So I looked on you tube instead for Corinne Crabtree and have been listening there while having lunch.
    wow, that lady has some nuggets which hit home. She said "You have a relationship with you...don't cheat on yourself!" That was whilst talking about "grab-*kitten*" food...all the extra bits you eat which aren't planned. I heard this just after I'd picked up a completely unnecessary extra at lunch. I only have one body, I'm not going to cheat on myself!

I love her! I listen from my phone when I go walking.. but she just makes so much sense. She has so many free podcasts. Much easier said than done though ... only eat when you are hungry! LOL ... my worse eating is not when I am hungry at all.
    But glad you found her!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    So nice seeing so many posting again! We have 4 months until the end of the year .. we can all end this year meeting many of our goals!
    Hugs to you all ... Love you all, and I LOVE the encouragment on this thread.
    What a great group of posters!
  • more_freggies76
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Hour commitment - Grab and go lunch, too many calories, but now I won’t eat again until dinner with DH
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - really light dinner, now I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • littleblackskirt
    Options

JFT Friday 10th Sept

Log everything yes
    Keep under maintenance yes, well under
    Back exercises yes
    Foot exercises no
    Walk? It's very wet another trip to the park and a wander round housing estate, about an hour. It's not really exercise though, just better than sitting down!
    Arms something yes
    Phone calls all done, and easier than expected
    One extra job no, unexpected visit from sister in law, very nice as not seen her for a long time

Today, Saturday, I will be careful with calories. My stomach doesn't feel great today so this shouldn't be too difficult.

Word for 2021 Strength

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Just goals for now.

Friday 9/10
    • Log everything :)
    • Stay in the green on calories and sodium :)
    • Water :)
    • Relax :)

Saturday 9/11
    • Log everything
    • Stay in the green on calories and sodium
    • Water
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday <3

JFT 09/10
    - Dishes βœ“
    - Sweep hallway X
    - Pick up B.C. βœ“
    - Laundry X
    - 10,000 steps/5 flights X/ βœ“
    - 64 oz of water βœ“
    - 30 minutes of cardio βœ“
    - Prep macaroni salad for dinner βœ“
    - Prep crackers, cheese & pepperoni for fire X
    - Log everything/stay green βœ“ / βœ“
    Went and visited with my grandmother yesterday, and we had lunch together :smile: It wasn't exactly healthy, though.

Had a nice fire, stayed out too late.

JFT 09/11 (Sat)
    - 10,000 steps/5 flights
    - 64 oz of water
    - 30 minutes of cardio
    - Cat box/Sweep hallway
    - Laundry
    - Benefit meeting @ 12
    - Walk the dogs?
    - Log everything/Stay green
    - Screens off by 10:30/Bed by 11
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - last hiking day of our trip and then we drive home tomorrow. Already stressing about all the stuff I need to do at home, including new ewpensive care we need to get for my FIL. Had my coffee stuff, now I won’t eat again until lunch, which may need to be early due to hike. Play that by ear. Also, still get my metamusal and morning medicine.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - 1/2 sub and dome chocolate for lunch. Off hiking! Now I won’t eat again until dinner with DH.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Hour commitment - 1/2 sub and dome chocolate for lunch. Off hiking! Now I won’t eat again until dinner with DH.

My -- you must do a lot of hiking!!!!! Sounds like so much fun .. I love to hike.. just can't get hubby to want to go with me!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    For the rest of today ..
    stay away from the chocolate covered almonds!
    drink water
    no more food ... I had a big dinner ; not hungry