Options

Replies

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    First day of classes!

Tuesday 9/7
    • Log everything - :)
    • Stay in the green on calories and sodium - :)
    • Water - :)
    • Check with dept coordinator on covid protocols - :)
    • Stop by campus to pick up supplies - :) - and check key - :( Forgot the key! But it did work this morning.
    • Curriculum meeting - :)
    • Follow-up with primary care doc - :)
    • Work on course modules - :/ Did just enough for this week, but I really need to get a little more done
    • Send welcome emails to students - :)

JFT Monday 9/6
    • Log everything
    • Stay in the green on calories and sodium
    • Water
    • Groceries
    • Pool diver
    • Set up Writing center orientation?
    • Start evaluating diagnostic essays
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,593 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - finished lunch, now I won’t eat again until after 5 pm.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

Just For Tuesday:
    1. Make 24 hour plan: meals, goals and why’s ⭐
    2. Assess yesterday’s 24 hour plan ⭐
    3. 64+ oz water ⭐
    4. Close activity rings on watch. ⭐
    5. Pick up Rx and items on list. ⭐
    6. Get hair cut and the grays colored. (Yay!) ⭐
    7. Go to grandson’s football game tonight if not too tired. It’s an hour away from here and I’m not real good with my eyesight when driving at night. ❌
    8. Daily Journal and Gratitude Journal. ⭐
    9. Listen to Bible App, read from Simple Abundance, New Day New You and other inspirational book. ⭐
    10. Lights out by 10:30. ❌ Midnight again.

Nothing special going on here today. Husband is down on the couch today with back pain, so I'm trying to focus on helping him rather than annoy him. Not an easy task! :mrgreen:

@Bex953172 I'm also surprised that they did a telemed visit with you when you have pain like that in your neck. That seems to me to be a hands-on appointment so they can determine exactly where the pain is coming from. I'm so sorry you're having such trouble! I wish I lived closer so I could help somehow!

@TerriRichardson112 Thanks for sharing the September image, as well as the nice welcome back! I'm so happy to see all your familiar faces! :flowerforyou:

Just For Wednesday:
    1. Make 24 hour plan: meals, goals and why’s
    2. Assess yesterday’s 24 hour plan
    3. 64+ oz water
    4. Close activity rings on watch.
    5. Bake pineapple upside down cake.
    6. Fill out financial spreadsheet for September and assess August.
    7. Read from real live book with real paper pages for 15 minutes.
    8. Journal.
    9. Bible App Plan, Simple Abundance, New Day New You and other inspirational book.
    10. Set up auto coffeemaker. Wash and moisturize face. Lights out by 10:30. Up early with alarm to walk Maddie.

WOTY: Determined

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. 2m run.
    2. Morning: Check email. Send greetings. Pack lunch.
    3. Test Prep Class: Clois! Input grades.
    4. Pit Crew: Read NSPOS. Reply to emails. Essay notes.
    5. Online Facilitation: Enter students into program; contact via email.
    6. English Class: Enter current work. Week 5 draft.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? Meeting!
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Soup? Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. Fold laundry.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (NSPOS) while playing sleepy music. Write video description.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. S&F script work. Clois. SATURDAY VOLUNTEERING AT DOWNTOWN LIBRARY STARTING AT NOON!!!

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    End of July: 190.2
    Today: 195.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG schedule for 9/22. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 3.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I got a good time on my teensy run this morning but then was wiped for my calisthenics. Did get a good bit of reading done.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 953 Member
    Options

JFT Wednesday 8th Sept

Log everything yes
    Keep under maintenance yes, only 60 into the red
    Back exercises yes
    Foot exercises yes
    Sewing repairs, again! what do you think? lol
    Walk, and collect covid tests from pharmacy no, I really wanted to but I knew my back wasn't up to it in the morning. By the time I felt able in the evening, my foot was too sore! I'm a wreck lol.
    Arms something no weights, though pushing the lawnmower felt like arm exercise
    One extra job 1- cleared 2 drawers in mum's house, little and often. 2 - mowed the lawn
    To Do list I did half of it

I've quickly written a To Do list with about 20 things on it. In the days when I worked full time I'd have half of the jobs done before I went to work, so no excuses. I need to speed up a bit!

JFT Thursday 9h Sept

Log everything
    Keep under maintenance
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    SEWING REPAIRS!
    Walk to pharmacy
    Arms something
    Finish To Do list, make those phone calls
    One extra job

Word for 2021 Strength

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options
    🍄🍁🍂🌾🍄🌾🍂🍁🍄
    🍄🍁🍂 SEPTEMBER 🍂🍁🍄
    🍄🍁🍂🌾🍄🌾🍂🍁🍄
    ocbtnk3lembi.jpg
    Life is fairly settled at the minute. I'm fortunate that retirement allows me the time to do whatever I choose to do. Goals and habits are coming along nicely, and I am working on several craft/art projects. For this my gratitude is boundless 😂

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (✔️Sept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • 11 Apr: 142.2
    • 1 May: 142.6
    • 3 June: 144.4 (thanks to Bank holiday 4 day weekend indulgences)
    [*] 1 July: 144.4 (holding steady)
    [*] 1 Aug: 143.2
    [*] 1 Sept: 142.9
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 84.1 (SmartScale app)

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    September goal: maintenance

Daily Habits:
    Wed: 🍄 Thu: Fri: Sat: Sun: Mon: Tue:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 1/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 23.1 —>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 ⏫
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green ✅ 1/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 1/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 1/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 1/7

🐝Positive Intentions for Wed 8 Sept:
    [*] Meditation 🐝
    [*] Weigh/record weight 🐝
    [*] Journal - Tiny Habits 10+ minutes🐝
    [*] Declutter session 🐝
    [*] Daily Chores🐝
    [*] Weekly grocery shopping 🐝
    [*] Puzzles: Watch TV 🐝
    [*] Crochet
    [*] Keep up to date with email 🐝
    [*] Daily goals update 🐝

📓 Tiny Habit for September 📓 Write > 10 minutes in Journal
    📓📓📓📓📓📓📓
    📓
    🍄🍁🍂🍁🍄🍁🍂🍁🍄🍁🍂🍁🍄
    🍄🍁 JFT SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE 🍁🍄
    🍄🍁🍂🍄 Meal Planning 🍄🍂🍁🍄
    🍄🍁🍂🍁🍄🍁🍂🍁🍄🍁🍂🍁🍄
    🍄 For each day you had a meal plan and stuck to it 🍄
    Week 1: 🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄
    Week 2:
    Week 3:
    Week 4:
    Week 5:
    THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options

@Bex953172 I'm also surprised that they did a telemed visit with you when you have pain like that in your neck. That seems to me to be a hands-on appointment so they can determine exactly where the pain is coming from. I'm so sorry you're having such trouble! I wish I lived closer so I could help somehow!

Just For Wednesday:

5. Bake pineapple upside down cake.

I know I was surprised. I think they're just trying to keep as many people as possible out of the surgery at the minute because of all the mess with covid.
    It has eased up quite a lot now. It still hurts but deffo not as much. I just keep doing stretches and stuff. Just sort it myself now haha

And omg I love upside down pineapple cake!!
    I used to be quite good at baking, just never have the ingredients in nowadays!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    Well I've had the most productive morning I've ever had.
    Last night I got the kids to bed at around 9pm which was already a bit late. And at the last minute as they were getting in PJs they said they all needed a shower cause they were dirty (and they were, muddy from the garden)
    Which put me in a position because if I showered them it would be even later for bed. So I prioritised their sleep. But this morning I managed to get up early, get them showered and even myself showered and I've not showered in the morning for I don't even know how long. They all had breakfast, brushed their teeth and hair and got ready. With time to spare.

Saskia woke in foul mood though it was radiating off her. She just kept shouting at everyone. In the end she said it's because Marley woke her in the night getting in her bed and she was really tired. So I gave her a nice warm cup of tea which sorted her right out lol. She got to school in a good mood and feeling more awake :)

Really not in the mood to be doing goals but here we go anyway

- Log food
    - Drink at least 6 waters
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Janele0627 wrote: »
    JFT 09/08 (Wed)
    - 64 oz of water ✓ 64 oz
    - 10,000 steps/5 flights of stairs ✓ 10,482/ ✓ 8
    - 10 mindful minutes/stretch break X
    - Catch up on paperwork X
    - 30 minutes of cardio ✓ 45 min
    - Log everything/Stay green ✓ / ✓
    - Screens off 10:30, bed by 11
    Can't wait for my weekend to start! It feels good to be getting it off on the right foot, too. Amazing how sticking to a routine and making healthy choices can affect your mood and energy so much. Feeling good today!

JFT 09/09 (Thur)
    - Up by 7:30
    - Vitamins
    - Walk dogs
    - Drop off rent
    - Work - Catch up on paperwork before weekend!
    - 10 mindful minutes/stretch break
    - 64 oz of water
    - 10,000 steps/5 flights
    - 30 minutes of cardio
    - Pick up B.C.
    - Log everything/Stay green
    - Screens off 10:30, bed by 11
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,477 Member
    Options
    Recap W 9/8 ~ afternoon off from work
    1) Walked dog 3.85 mi before work, saw two cranes low in flight on their journey south :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Net cals zero / 14c water :smiley: best I've done in long time green 193. :neutral: 11c water
    3) PA-E&T testing (only two criteria left besides extension) / keep up w/ emails = 2/2
    4) 2:00 vet for Kitty's annual check-up :p as usual, an ordeal getting her into carrier, this time hubby was the bad guy & only 2 min. late to appt. / something on ta-da list :smiley: / figure out supper :) leftovers & I portioned to stay within cals / evening with hubby <3
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = 3/6

JFT R 9/9 ~ Hubby off work & heading up north for the day
    1) Walked dog 4.17 mi before work, saw low-flying geese directly overhead & heard cranes :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Net cals zero / 14c water
    3) Submit leave request for tomorrow / update Project Status s/s / submit PAR, PRO, KRO s/s / complete PA-E&T testing (only SOPs left) / email J.S. for missing doc & explanation of Self-Gov / 12:00 Facebook Live / keep up w/ emails / OOO message
    4) Wash towels / make overnight oats / wash dishes / hubby time
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / Calm app / 7:15 alarm (walk dog on day off)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable ~ 9.1.21 horrible after vacation but recorded
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day back in the classroom since March 2020. Despite the uncertainty going into this semester, my first day of classes went smoothly. All my students showed up wearing masks (our college has a mask mandate), and I found I didn't need a voice amplifier after all. The students, as usual, are great :)

After a week on my new meds, I'm feeling a lot better. HR and BP are under control, and most of the side effects have subsided. I've been ramping up my activity level, although I'm going to wait to see the cardiologist again before I try any higher intensity exercise. I'm back to logging regularly and paying more attention to what I eat and drink. It's really not that much of a hassle - I'd just gotten lazy and, perhaps, a bit defiant as a result of living with the pandemic.

Only tutoring today, so I should be able to get some work done. Hope you all have a good day!

Wednesday, 9/8
    • Log everything - :)
    • Stay in the green on calories and sodium - :)
    • Water - :)
    • Groceries - :)
    • Pool diver - :) - He patched a small hole in the liner, so we'll see if that fixes the problem.
    • Set up Writing center orientation? - :( - Stopped in, but no consultants were in. I'll try again on Friday.
    • Start evaluating diagnostic essays - :( - Just not feeling it.

JFT Thursday 9/9
    • Log everything
    • Stay in the green on calories and sodium
    • Water
    • Evaluate diagnostic essays
    • Read some posts and catch up with JFT friends
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,200 Member
    Options
    Realizing I need to not only plan dinner .. but probably plan my evening snacks. I do great all day long... even for dinner. Its the time from 7-11that I struggle with what I eat!

So goals today, thurs, 9/9
    1. log all food
    2. PLAN : dinner will be tuna and noodles, corn bread. Evening snacks: apple with some peanutbutter on .. and that is all
    3. concentrate on water

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Love all your posts and wishing you the best with your goals! Hard to write too much with just my phone.

Hour commitment - just finished my coffee stuff and not sure when or what lunch will be. Going to give stomach a bit of a break before lunch though! Still need metamusal dose before we leave for the day.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - early crappy lunch, but now I won’t eat again until supper with DH. Calories not bad for lunch, but not that healthy. Grab and go… off for day of hiking!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    It's been a few days. Just been busy and such. Lol.

But I'm back!

JFT, 9/6/21

-up by 4:20✅
    - take AM meds✅/🛑I forgot the new one bc it's on my kitchen table instead of the bathroom sink.
    - make it to work early✅Technically. I ended up dozing in the car in the parking lot. Lol. I've been so so so tired recently.
    - update JFT✅
    - Pick up the damn car registration!!!!🛑
    - do the dishes✅✅✅✅✅
    - look at Plottr for 4 Act Structure😂So I logged ontp the program for the first time since a new update on 8/31. Well it turns out they added a template for a cozy mystery...so all of the 4 act structure research I did was pretty pointless. But I spent like an hour going through the template reading and filling in different main plot points. So I'm finally making so progress!
    - NO NAP!!!!😑Kind of? I cuddled with Matt for a while and I think I was in and out of a doze.
    - cook dinner🛑
    - shower🛑
    - take 4 pm med!✅
    - teeth/pm meds✅
    - lists🛑
    - bed by 8:30✅

I see many faces that have come back! That makes me so happy! I have to go back through and read/update you wonderful ladies when I get home from work bc my break is pretty much over.😩

JFT 9/7/21
    - up by 520✅😂someone changed the schedule at work and didn't tell me. So I was 45 minutes late. Thankfully my manager called me and was like wtf? Lol

- work 5-1🛑was 45 minutes late
    - update JFT✅
    - PICK UP THE DAMN REGISTRATION
    - take a shower!!!🛑
    - cook *kitten* dinner✅
    - 4pm meds✅
    - take out the bathroom/kitchen trash✅
    - work on cozy template✅
    - go through cozy notes✅
    - gather all the dirty clothes throughout the house✅
    - teeth/meds✅
    - bed by 11(day off tomorrow!)✅

Missed a day and it's pretty late in the afternoon. Lol. Oh well. Here we go.

JFT, 9/9/21
    - up by 8 am✅
    - mindful coffee✅My therapist wants me to start practicing mindfulness and I've had a really hard time keeping it consistent. But the last few days I've tried mindful eating. Which is paying close attention to what your eating and using the five sense to really check in. It's been pretty interesting. And it's something I know I can do consistently bc I already eat a lot on my own(breakfast/break) so it should be easy to keep up with this.
    - update JFT✅
    - call Dr's about appts✅
    - 1 instacart batch✅But had a bit of a headache at one point. But got it done in less then an hour. So I made $25ish in one hour. Lol.
    - clean off kitchen table✅
    - clean toilet/wipe down bathroom counters
    - 6 PM med
    - finish laundry
    - cook dinner
    - PM meds/teeth
    - lists
    - bed by 8:30
    [/b]

@PackerFanInGB I'm so happy you're back! I missed you! Isn't my Jeep purdy? Lol. I absolutely ADORE it. Lol. Getting mine actually convinced my parents to get their own when they totaled their original one. Lol. And yes! I'm still writing! I'm in an outlining stage of a new project. It's the first book of a Paranormal Cozy Mystery series! I'm just about done with the main plot points. After that it's all about adding more scenes to flush out the story and creating sub plots and things. I'm really really excited! I think I'm going to use this as a NaNoWriMo project! I'm really excited!

@MLHC1 I hope you're recovering well! Take some time and see if you can enlist your little ones and the hubs to help you out! Lol.

@mytime6630 I'm so happy to see you back! You should post pictures of your flowerbeds when they're finished! I really want to see everything you're telling us about!

@Bex953172 *hugssss* It's soooo good to see you! I've really missed you. How are the babies doing? I'm glad your neck is loosening up! I hope it fixes itself completely soon! I laughed about prioritizing sleep over cleanliness! I do that all the time! Even if it means having to get up 15 minutes before work to grab a quick one! Lol.

@clicketykeys Boy do I understand the desire to write but just not doing it. Lol. That's me A LOT. Lol. And with all you do in a day! It's no wonder. Try to just write 15 words. It doesn't even have to be in an official document or anything. A note card works. Lol. I keep a bunch with me in my bag so whenever I go anywhere I can quick jot some down. I've also heard of some people who write entire stories on their phone while their waiting in line at the store or in a waiting room. Things like that. You could definitely give that a try! I hope those help!

Have a great day everyone!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. 1m run. Calisthenics.
    2. Morning: Check email. Send greetings. Pack lunch.
    3. Test Prep Class: Clois! Input grades.
    4. Pit Crew: Read NSPOS. Reply to emails. Grade late work.
    5. Online Facilitation: Enter students into program; contact via email. Read Quicksand.
    6. English Class: Enter current work. Finish and submit Week 5 plans.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? Phone calls!
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Steak? Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. Fold laundry.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (NSPOS) while playing sleepy music. Write video description.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. S&F script work. Clois. SATURDAY VOLUNTEERING AT DOWNTOWN LIBRARY STARTING AT NOON!!!

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    End of July: 190.2
    Today: 195.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG schedule for 9/22. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 3.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Please, no nightmares.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.

@HEGoddard0928 - It's more that... like I can write THIS stuff. But I have a fanfic I'm working on and it's just... I can sit down and add words to the document but they're nothing words. And that is almost worse than seeing the page stay empty. *sigh*
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - sure getting tired of eating out, but had Denny’s salmon with broccoli..pretty healthy at that. Now I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    I missed posting goals last night. It’s probably going to be a slacking one. I am on a 4 day weekend and it’s my Grandson’s and my hippie birthday party!
    I have been making decorations all day and will continue tomorrow!

I can’t wait!

I am still going to aim for the walking, logging and water. But will check in Sunday evening to say how it all went!

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Not sure how long I have been gone (2.7K messages), just popping it to say that I am still alive and hoping to get back on track in the near future.

I started a job rotation in a management position in January, which has been GREAT for my career, but it means rare breaks, short lunches and long hours, so my 15-minute workouts went by the wayside. In March, my incredibly healthy father was diagnosed with late-stage pancreatic cancer metastasized to the liver. NOT good news. I was lucky to be able to do quite a bit of telecommuting from my parents' home early on. He is seeing one of the best doctors in the country for his condition and is responding well so far, so that has settled down a bit for now.

COVID is very bad again here in Oregon, so it is still too dangerous for the gym or the pool and I am back to having to order my food, as going into stores is too much of a risk. Still, I could get back to walking or doing home workouts. I need to start setting tiny goals again, just to deal with stress if nothing else.

Hope you all are well!