JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,200 Member
    Options
    I'm really wanting a medal for my virtual challenge. Hubby is laughing at my competitiveness. So far I have walked 398.64 miles, still need 57.36 to reach 456. Definitely within reach by 11/25.

Great job on the walking!! How do you keep track of your miles? Do you use MapMy Run? I used to use that, but now I basically walk the same few routes, so I know the distance .. I don't have a fitbit.
    But I typically walk between 4-7 miles a day, and would love to keep track and see how far I go also? Just curious how you are logging the distances?
    And yes, you will definitely reach your 456 by the 25th at the rate you are going! I am not looking forward to colder weather though. Last year 33 was my cutoff to walk .. and then I would go to the gym.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sunday Nov 7
    1.5L of water - 🙂
    Log all food - 🙂
    Walk 15 mins - 🙂
    Be faithful to JFT - 🙂

JFT - Monday Nov 8
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Walk 15 mins
    Be faithful to JFT

I need to figure out how to find time to respond to everyone and still have time to shut off. Maybe I’ll need to make this my lunch time thing.

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Nothing particularly interesting to write about yesterday. Went slightly over, but not by much and saw a little drop this morning which is nice. Overall am down a couple of pounds from when I started tracking again, despite eating nice things at the weekend. Hopefully this trend will continue!

Had a very nice weekend.
    - Log everything I eat :)
    - Be in the green :/ 150 over after indulging in some Christmas cake and wine...
    - Drink 4 big cups water :/Just three, I was doing well at lunchtime but forgot in the afternoon, which often happens. I've now put a daily reminder in my calendar which might help
    - Alcohol free day :/As above...
    - Get 5000 steps :)
    - Take breaks from work :)

Today's goals:
    - Log everything I eat
    - Be within 50 of green
    - Drink 4 big cups water
    - Alcohol free day
    - Get 5000 steps
    - Take breaks from work
    - Do some reflection
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 953 Member
    Options

JFT Monday 8th Nov

Back exercises a few easy ones, too painful to get down on the floor
    Foot exercises yes
    Sensible meals yes
    Only one snack no snack
    Work through To Do list half done

JFT Tuesday 9th Nov

Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    Sensible meals
    Only one snack
    Do not buy sugary snacks when shopping
    Finish To Do list

Keeping it simple as I'm so tired, it's an effort to do anything at all.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options
    jf1fdblvbq25.jpeg

Live! Laugh! Love!!! NOW!!! Mindfully!!!
    🎯 JFT ONE GOAL CHALLENGE 🎯
    Mon 8 Nov: Today I will finish sorting out my summer clothes for items to donate, and store those I am keeping.
    I realised when I started to do this that it was better to sort the winter clothes as they would be better to donate at this time of the year. I have jumpers and trousers ready for donating. Who needs 13 pairs of black trousers? I discarded 5 pairs. It’s a start! Right? 😂
    Tues 9 Nov: Make a birthday card for my daughter. Her birthday 18 Nov. I have Craft Group Meeting this morning so should get it finished.
    ocbtnk3lembi.jpg
    🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    Personal stats
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (✔️Sept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • New goal < 150
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • 11 Apr: 142.2
    • 1 May: 142.6
    • 3 June: 144.4 (thanks to Bank holiday 4 day weekend indulgences)
    • 1 July: 144.4 (holding steady)
    • 1 Aug: 143.2
    • 1 Sept: 142.9
    • 24 Sept: 142.1
    [*] 6 Oct : 141.6
    [*] 9 Nov: 139.6
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 87 (SmartScale app)

UGW: > 145
    November goal: maintenance

Daily Habits: Week 2
    Mon: 🍁 Tue: Wed: Thu:
    Fri: Sat: Sun:
    1. Weight > 145: ✅ 2/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 23.1—>22.6 22.0 ⏬
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 ⏫
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green ✅ 1/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 1/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 1/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 1/7

🍁Positive Intentions for Tues 9 Nov:
    [*] Meditation 🍁
    [*] Weigh/record weight 🍁
    [*] Daily Chores 🍁
    [*] Craft group 10.30 - 12.30
    [*] Make birthday card
    [*] Watch TV
    [*] Keep up to date with email
    [*] Daily goals update

📓 Tiny Habits for November:
    11pm shutdown of devices....
    .... pickup sweep of downstairs before bedtime
    🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌
    🛌

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 I love your 'November' banner! Do you know who the artist is? It's super cute!
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,594 Member
    Options
    JFT for 11/9 (todaymorrow): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 11/6)
    2) Peanut butter ok (last 11/1)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 11/11
    4) Up to 1.5 oz cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday)
    5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth)
    6) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Honey ok today (1-2 Tbsp).
    7) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok
    8) Dried apricots today ok today.
    9) Lunch <= 600 calories.
    10) None of DH's corn chips or cookies today.
    11) No Pumpkin seeds today.
    12) Turkey jerky ok today.
    Hour commitment - I won't have my coffee stuff until 8 am.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,477 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 I use MapMyWalk app to track walking & hiking miles. I also participate in the You Vs. The Year Challenge and I completed that last month. I have/had a Fitbit, which broke, trying to get my warranty claim honored.

Recap M 11/8
    1) Walked dog before work 4.4 mi ~ due to clocks change, didn't need my headlamp but still wore Noxgear & dog wore blaze orange vest = happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (log) :)
    3) Net calories zero / 14c water :smiley: green & sodium not so bad, 14c
    4) Pick up video from Surveillance / ROP-BJ testing / print doc for hubby before lunch = 3/3
    5) Gas in car / bread order for Thanksgiving / balance bank accts / schedule cc pmts / run dishwasher / another ta-da? = 6/6
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / Calm app / 6:30 alarm (dentist 8:00) = 6/6 yay

JFT T 11/9
    1) Dentist 8:00 & 2:00 (turns out I have infection by ancient root canal & need tooth extraction & implant)
    2) Net calories zero / 14c water
    3) ROP-BJ testing / Facebook Live 12:00
    4) Email photo to Fitbit (again) / at least 2 ta-das?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable ~ 9.1.21 horrible after vacation but recorded ~ 9.30.21 small improvements yay ~ 10.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (228 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39 / Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K IN PERSON 10.2.21 47:34 ave. pace 15:19 second half pace 14:48 / Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K 10.9.21 in person 52:10 ave. pace 16:48 hill climb 1:44
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 re: dentist - ouch! I hope it goes smoothly and that you recover quickly.
    I use fitzee sometimes to track our hikes but we hardly go anymore. Your walks sound like fun!

JFT Monday 11-8
    1) Diet: watch carefully, green is your favorite healthy color :star: Went over min goal but with exercise still okay
    2) no free internet until after dinner dishes :neutral: slipped a little but remembered my goal
    3) 5am $, make it work at those hours :tongue: well I showed up but no work available so....
    4) 9:45am (post DH lunch) workout, shower, dress again (just accept it and work with the routine) :smile: Ran late due to unforeseen circumstances, then started to drag along afterwards
    5) 11:15am music practice and crafts; try to knit and sew both :+1: I got this far but was really, really late
    6) 2:30pm dinner, 4pm serve dinner (really work on this) :tired_face: Late late again, still haven't done dishes, but needed to run errands so. At least dinner was there!
    7) 8:15pm evening and bedtime, use alarm, hygiene, tea, set devices and H2O for night, read, journal, move to bed, pray, read :expressionless::-1: Dinner late ->Dishes late-->bed late; played music instead of videos to keep myself company (DH bed early), Major struggle against sweets as I was feeling negative emotions, but I stuck with "no".

JFT Tuesday 11-9
    1) Diet: watch carefully, green is your favorite healthy color
    2) no free internet until after dinner dishes
    3) 5am $, make it work at those hours :-1:Stayed in bed to catch up on sleep, no motivation to check in to find no work again (and then sigh the hours away until I can actually DO anything else in our apartment - noise restrictions
    4) 9:45am (post DH lunch) workout, shower, dress again (just accept it and work with the routine)
    5) 11:15am music practice and crafts; try to knit and sew both
    6) 2:30pm dinner, 4pm serve dinner (really work on this)
    7) 8:15pm evening and bedtime, use alarm, hygiene, tea, set devices and H2O for night, read, journal, move to bed, pray, read

Question: How do you find the neat colors, fonts, and little pictures you guys are all using?
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,322 Member
    Options

JFT Monday
    - Weigh :smile:
    - Work by 6:30 :( closer to 7:30
    - Meetings/Audit ALL DAY LONG :smile:
    - Log food :smile:
    - stay green :smile:
    - Exercise if possible :(
    - no alcohol :smile:
    - Bed early :smile:

Happy Monday y'all!

Yesterday was rough, my head was swimming all day, luckily most of my day was spent seated so the vertigo wasn't so bad. I struggled when I got home just doing normal stuff. Went to bed early and the ceiling fan made me throw up. Turned that baby off real quick, I was spinning without it. I do feel much better this morning, my head whooshes occasionally, but not every time I move and I didn't fall today. Long day at work today more auditing. YAY!

Food choices have been in the shitter today. Had a muffin for breakfast and chips for lunch.

No plans for tonight, still not feeling up to physical activity.

JFT Tuesday
    - Up at 6:00 :( 7:00
    - Weight :smile:
    - Work by 7:30 :( 7:45
    - Meetings / Audit
    - Leave work by 6:00
    - Chill
    - Light Dinner
    - No alcohol
    - bed early

Have a great day y'all!
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    More conferences this week, so I'm swamped. I met my basic goals for logging, calories, and water yesterday and my November Challenge goal by taking a nice long walk in the park. Same basic goals today, but I'll have to skip the walk to fit my errands in. I really need to catch up on reading and responding to posts on this thread. You are all so inspiring!

November "one goal" challenge - JFT Tuesday, 11/9:
    • Spend an hour catching up on JFT posts tonight.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 I love your 'November' banner! Do you know who the artist is? It's super cute!

I got it on Google from
    dreamstime.com
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sunday Nov 7
    1.5L of water - 🙂
    Log all food - 🙂
    Walk 15 mins - 🙂
    Be faithful to JFT - 🙂

JFT - Monday Nov 8
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Walk 15 mins
    Be faithful to JFT

I need to figure out how to find time to respond to everyone and still have time to shut off. Maybe I’ll need to make this my lunch time thing.

Hey you, stop worrying about it :) we know you're here and you're busy! Don't stress yourself trying to fit us in, were all still here for you whether you have time to comment back or not :)

Well done on the full day of smilies :)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hey all, went missing over the weekend again.
    But the kids have been hectic. Just constant giddyness all weekend so I feel like my brains been scrambled!
    Glad they're in school. 6 hours of silence 😂

We had takeout (two actually!) last night, last month we couldnt afford any luxuries like that. So we got take out pizza from one place and take out desserts from another.
    It was all super nice! And the girls loved it too. Although the sugar boost from dessert meant they didn't fall asleep til 11pm? And they went to bed at half 8 (late for them but had to wait on the takeout)

No fitness or nutrional goals today.

My one goal for November challenge is just to clean clean clean today.

X

Well I did clean clean clean. My lounge was spotless :)
    Notice I said "was" lol. I don't mind because I know it's 'clean' even though it's cluttered up again from the kids.
    Yesterday I blitzed the kitchen, not finished the pots but it's all really clean.
    Today I folded about a million items of clothing and got most of them away.
    Only to bring up two extra baskets from downstairs.. to then fold, still need to put them away. And soaked the kids school tops in bleach to rewhiten them and then transferred them to the washer.

Tomorrow Im gonna try finish cleaning the house, all of it, now I've got the big tasks out of the way!
    So hoover and mopping tonorrow and finishing the rest.

I think then, and only then I'll have time to focus on some fitness stuff :)
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - finished lunch and now I won't eat again until after 5pm, except my dose of metamusal.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those of you who responded to my novella! LOL! I'm pretty happy and I know you've been on here with me through some rough times, so it felt good to be able to share some good news for once!

It's late so I won't post goals for today, but I wanted to at least post. I had dental work done today and couldn't eat earlier and unfortunately I think I over-compensated just now. :wink:

@pridesabtch I hope you are feeling better! :heart:
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited November 2021
    Options
    jf1fdblvbq25.jpeg

Live! Laugh! Love!!! NOW!!! Mindfully!!!
    🎯 JFT ONE GOAL CHALLENGE 🎯
    Mon 8 Nov: Today I will finish sorting out my summer clothes for items to donate, and store those I am keeping.
    I realised when I started to do this that it was better to sort the winter clothes as they would be better to donate at this time of the year. I have jumpers and trousers ready for donating. Who needs 13 pairs of black trousers? I discarded 5 pairs. It’s a start! Right? 😂
    Tues 9 Nov: Make a birthday card for my daughter. Her birthday 18 Nov. I have Craft Group Meeting this morning so should get it finished.
    Just a few finishing touches to make to the card. I will finish it tomorrow. We are going to visit her on Sunday, so will take her present and card up then.
    Wed 10: declutter the fridges/freezer ready to put in fresh food from grocery shop.
    ocbtnk3lembi.jpg
    🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    Personal stats
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (✔️Sept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • New goal < 150
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • 11 Apr: 142.2
    • 1 May: 142.6
    • 3 June: 144.4 (thanks to Bank holiday 4 day weekend indulgences)
    • 1 July: 144.4 (holding steady)
    • 1 Aug: 143.2
    • 1 Sept: 142.9
    • 24 Sept: 142.1
    [*] 6 Oct : 141.6
    [*] 9 Nov: 139.6
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 87 (SmartScale app)

UGW: > 145
    November goal: maintenance

Daily Habits: Week 2
    Mon: 🍁 Tue: 🍁 Wed: Thu:
    Fri: Sat: Sun:
    1. Weight > 145: ✅ 2/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 23.1—>22.6 22.0 ⏬
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 ⏫
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green ✅ 2/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 2/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 2/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 2/7

🍁Positive Intentions for Tues 9 Nov:
    [*] Meditation 🍁
    [*] Weigh/record weight 🍁
    [*] Daily Chores 🍁
    [*] Craft group 10.30 - 12.30 🍁
    [*] Make birthday card 🍁 mostly done
    [*] Watch TV 🍁
    [*] Keep up to date with email 🍁
    [*] Daily goals update 🍁

📓 Tiny Habits for November:
    11pm shutdown of devices....
    .... pickup sweep of downstairs before bedtime
    🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌
    🛌🛌

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

• TerriRichardson112
    Options
    @MrsHermit
    The fonts:
    Using
    [ color=red ] without the spaces [ /color ]

… will give red text etc

My November heading is from Google images
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 11/9 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 11/6) ✔️
    2) Peanut butter ok (last 11/1) ✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 11/11 ✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) ✔️Didn't eat today
    5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth) ✔️
    6) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Honey ok today (1-2 Tbsp).✔️Didn't eat today
    7) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok✔️
    8) Dried apricots today ok today.✔️
    9) Lunch <= 600 calories.✔️
    10) None of DH's corn chips or cookies today.✔️
    11) No Pumpkin seeds today.✔️
    12) Turkey jerky ok today.✔️
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 11/10 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 11/6)
    2) No peanut butter today (last 11/9)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 11/11
    4) Up to 1.5 oz cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday)
    5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth)
    6) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Honey ok today (1-2 Tbsp).
    7) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok
    8) No dried apricots today.
    9) Lunch <= 600 calories.
    10) None of DH's corn chips or cookies today.
    11) 2-3 T Pumpkin seeds today.
    12) No turkey jerky today.