JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968
    Tracey, that’s disgraceful behaviour from your administrator, but does seem par for the course for her.

Try not to let her behaviour get to you. Difficult, I know, but essential for your well-being.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 953 Member
    Options

JFT Tuesday 9th Nov

Back exercises a few easy ones
    Foot exercises yes
    Sensible meals yes
    Only one snack no snack, second day!
    Do not buy sugary snacks when shopping only bought 1 small box of cakes, most will be eaten by family
    Finish To Do list almost

No idea what I will do today. Finally have a free day to meet a friend, but I'm feeling very rough and can hardly speak, so that's on hold. Can't have a 3 hour chat-a-thon when I can't speak!
    So posting to keep the November challenge going...

JFT Wednesday 10th Nov

Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    Sensible meals
    Only one snack
    Get outside for some fresh air
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    @MrsHermit
    The fonts:
    Using
    [ color=red ] without the spaces [ /color ]

… will give red text etc

My November heading is from Google images

Haha I always had trouble with this cause I spelt color as colour lmao x
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,321 Member
    Options

JFT Tuesday
    - Up at 6:00 :( 7:00
    - Weight :smile:
    - Work by 7:30 :( 7:45
    - Meetings / Audit πŸ˜€
    - Leave work by 6:00πŸ˜€
    - ChillπŸ˜€
    - Light DinnerπŸ˜€
    - No alcoholπŸ˜€
    - bed earlyπŸ˜€

Have a great day y'all!

I felt much better yesterday. Thank you for all the well l wishes.

Still took it easy yesterday as there were still a few episodes of dizziness. Woke up today feeling good.

Another audit day at work. These are long, boring days. Filled with yummy breakfasts and high calorie lunches. I had a muffin and chips yesterday, but they messed up my sandwich so my lunch was lighter than anticipated. That is what kept me under calories. Not sure what breakfast is today, doughnuts or muffins, but lunch is pizza. Pizza is my favorite food so I will definitely have a slice or 2. I can plan for that, and still end the day in the green with any luck.

JFT Wednesday
    - Weigh
    - Shower
    - Work by 7:30
    - Audits
    - Careful lunch
    - Home by 5:30 🀞🏻
    - Chill
    - Log food
    - No alcohol
    - Stay green
    - Bed by 10:00

Happy Wednesday y’all!

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    Eugh I forgot yesterday I said I was gonna finish the house today.
    Now I really don't want to lol.
    Casey wet the bed in Saskias bed last night (hopefully that will teach Sask a lesson about always inviting her into her bed) so gotta get that clean today.
    All the girls school tops came up really clean. Couple of stains still.. they look more like grease stains? I'll have to see what Mrs. Hinch says about that one lol.

Also need to get Ash his meds today. He lost some and hasn't had his bipolar meds for 2 days. He's been okayish. Mainly just stayed in bed the last two days and just relaxed rather than getting himself worked up. But hes been feeling down, I tried yesterday to sort it but he kept putting it off for some reason (I had to borrow his phone I've not got credit) but he never passed it me to ring them despite asking him like 4 times

• MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @pridesabtch I love pizza too, but since I (recently) started MFP I've been avoiding cheese when I saw how dense it was. Oh dear I miss pizza and my DH would eat it weekly if I made it. I like how you plan ahead on what you're eating to make sure you're tracking well.

@MrsHermit
    The fonts:
    Using
    [ color=red ] without the spaces [ /color ]

… will give red text etc

My November heading is from Google images
    @TerriRichardson112 Thanks!

@Snowflake1968 I'm sorry about the stupid stress at your work. Wish working was less complicated by that kind of stuff. Good for your supervisor for leaving the stress; hope she found a better job. Hope your situation improves there.

JFT Tuesday 11-9
    1) Diet: watch carefully, green is your favorite healthy color Went into the red yesterday, but just barely
    2) no free internet until after dinner dishes didn't make it on this one
    3) 5am $, make it work at those hours :-1: Stayed in bed to catch up on sleep, no motivation to check in to find no work again (and then sigh the hours away until I can actually DO anything else in our apartment - noise restrictions
    4) 9:45am (post DH lunch) workout, shower, dress again (just accept it and work with the routine) late by 2 hours
    5) 11:15am music practice and crafts; try to knit and sew both late by 1.5hr, did 1 out of 2
    6) 2:30pm dinner, 4pm serve dinner (really work on this)late serving by 0.5 hr, plan A delayed (1/2 done in evening for next day) did Plan B leftover soup
    7) 8:15pm evening and bedtime:, use alarm, hygiene, tea, set devices and H2O for night, read, journal, move to bed, pray, readdid not do most but did have fun with cooking lesson and movie with DH, good start

JFT Wednesday 11-10
    1) Diet: watch carefully, green is your favorite healthy color
    2) no free internet until after dinner dishes
    3) 5am $, make it work at those hours already late for this one
    4) 9:45am (post DH lunch) workout, shower, dress again (just accept it and work with the routine)
    5) 11:15am music practice and crafts; try to knit and sew both
    6) 2:30pm dinner, 4pm serve dinner (really work on this)
    7) Evening and Bedtime: having the hardest time getting started on this (dinner and dishes greatly affects this); let's try: 7:30pm tea and journal 9:00pm water stuff set, smoke alarm, heaters,devices off
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,477 Member
    Options
    Recap T 11/9
    1) Dentist 8:00 & 2:00 (turns out I have infection by ancient root canal & need tooth extraction & implant)
    2) Net calories zero / 14c water :wink: green 119 but v high sodium from canned soup (after tooth extraction late afternoon & still partially numb LOL), only 9c due to dentist & numbness
    3) ROP-BJ testing / Facebook Live 12:00 = 2/2 short work day with appts.
    4) Email photo to Fitbit (again) / at least 2 ta-das? had to make overnight oats, lunch, prep clothes for noon walk, folded & put away hubby's work shirts = 2/2
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = 2/2 screwed up by dental work & early to bed

JFT W 11/10
    1) Walked dog 4.42 mi before work & now over 400 miles towards virtual shoreline challenge, just under 53 miles by 11/25 :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (log)
    3) Net calories zero / 14c water
    4) ROP-BJ testing / submit CPE report to IIA / lunchtime group walk at OCHC / update Project Status s/s / submit PAR, PRO, KRO s/s (tomorrow is federal holiday & I'm taking vacation F so need to remember end of week tasks)
    5) Some kind of ta-da?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 7:00 alarm (walk dog before rain?)

Yesterday at my routine 6 month dentist appt, I was surprised to learn I had an infection (knew it was sore a bit). I usually breeze through my exams and cleanings. This tooth had a root canal many, many years ago, so I never thought about it. Anyway, later same day, I'm back for tooth extraction & bone graft. I was nervous & needed an extra shot to numb me. Ibuprofen right after and during night, feeling fine this morning, just a little tender. Now wait for healing 10-12 weeks before the implant, and eventually a crown in about 6 months. Since tooth is on the side I normally chew on, I'm relearning to chew on my other side. Does anyone else usually chew on one side?

Good news from Fitbit: they are honoring my warranty claim, and sending me a replacement. I had the option to apply a discount on another type of device, but I like my Charge 4. I'm excited to start monitoring my total & hourly steps again. But it was nice to have that break for two months, not always checking my wrist or the app. :D

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable ~ 9.1.21 horrible after vacation but recorded ~ 9.30.21 small improvements yay ~ 10.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (228 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39 / Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K IN PERSON 10.2.21 47:34 ave. pace 15:19 second half pace 14:48 / Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K 10.9.21 in person 52:10 ave. pace 16:48 hill climb 1:44
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,593 Member
    Options
    JFT for 11/10 (today): βœ”οΈ
    1) No dessert today (last 11/6)
    2) No peanut butter today (last 11/9)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 11/11
    4) Up to 1.5 oz cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday)
    5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth)
    6) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Honey ok today (1-2 Tbsp).
    7) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok
    8) No dried apricots today. (last 11/9)
    9) Lunch <= 600 calories.
    10) None of DH's corn chips or cookies today.
    11) 2-3 T Pumpkin seeds today.
    12) No turkey jerky today. (last 11/9)

Hour commitment - finished my coffee stuff, now I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

• more_freggies76
    Options

Hour commitment - Finished lunch, now I won't eat again until after 5 pm.

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options

Jumping on to post a couple of goals for the November Challenge. At this point, I'm going to keep them simple.

JFT Wednesday, 11/10/2021

Unwind after evening tutoring session.

Bed by 11

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options

JFT Thursday

1. Tea! Pack bag. AM med. CHECK ON CONFERENCE TIMES & EMAIL OFFICE & COUNSELOR. Ask for updates from other Ts.

2. Morning: Check email. Send greetings. 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats. SIE. Remember Wed absence. CHECK POETRY TEST.

3. Test Prep Class: Check in to BB. Grade on-time work. Letter to I. Grade English unit; check in on late work.

4. Pit Crew: Check in about grades. SEND EMAILS TO ALL.

5. Online Facilitation: Update GR. Read PDFs for DemSocs. Input NRI test grades; run reports.

6. English Class: Starter - Goodreads responses. Review Where I'm From; create poems, add to self portraits. Discuss new book; may do other work; may not be on phones.Β 

7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats. Writing/Stretching. PARENT CONFERENCE.

8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. Discussion with DemSocs 8P.

9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (FW) while playing sleepy music.

10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? S&F script work. Clois. Saturday volunteering at library THIS WEEK. Disc golf with dad after. Theater 1/12. Dentist 5/12. Therapy 11/11. DemSoc discussion 11/11. Conf 12/10. Lunch w/mom 12/11. Dems mtg 11/18.

Scale goals

End of 2017: 174.6

End of 2018: 189.2

End of 2019: 196.4

End of 2020: 187.4

End of January: 189.8

End of February: 190.0

End of March: 190.4

End of April: 188.7

End of May: 191.2

End of June: 191.4

End of July: 190.2

Today: 198.6

Ongoing plans/ideas

1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).

2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.

3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.

4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).

5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.

6. Medical: Dentist May 12. ObG schedule for 2022 after 9/28. PCP 9:45 AM Dec 22. Therapy 9 AM Mon 11/22.

7. Theater: Read play for discussion Jan 12 7pm.

8. House: Siding. Ask about bathroom floor.

9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.

10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.

11. Family: Book group. Dinners?

12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.

13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.

14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons; need directions for MLA format.

15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format? Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement.

WFTY: Persistence. Grateful that I got the all-clear from the dentist.

Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.

• more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 11/10 (tomorrow): βœ”οΈ

1) No dessert today (last 11/6)βœ”οΈ

2) No peanut butter today (last 11/9)βœ”οΈ

3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 11/11βœ”οΈ

4) Up to 1.5 oz cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday)βœ”οΈ

5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth)βœ”οΈ

6) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Honey ok today (1-2 Tbsp).βœ”οΈ Didn't eat honey today.

7) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds okβœ”οΈ

8) No dried apricots today.βœ”οΈ

9) Lunch <= 600 calories.βœ”οΈ

10) None of DH's corn chips or cookies today.βœ”οΈ

11) 2-3 T Pumpkin seeds today.βœ”οΈ

12) No turkey jerky today.βœ”οΈ

JFT for 11/11 (tomorrow): βœ”οΈ

1) No dessert today (last 11/6)

2) No peanut butter today (last 11/9)

3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 11/11

4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday)

5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth)

6) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Honey ok today (1-2 Tbsp).

7) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok

8) Dried apricots ok today.

9) Lunch <= 600 calories.

10) None of DH's corn chips or cookies today.

11) No Pumpkin seeds today.

12) Turkey jerky ok today.

13) No vienna sausage today. (last 11/10)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options

JFT - Tuesday Nov 9

1.5L of water - πŸ™‚

Log all food - πŸ™‚

Walk 15 mins - πŸ‘Ώ

Be faithful to JFT - πŸ™‚

JFT - Wednesday Nov 10

1.5L of water

Log all food

Walk 15 mins

Be faithful to JFT

im off work until Monday will catch up tomorrow. I’m beat tonighy

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options

I was able to copy and paste my last post πŸ˜‚ Spoilers didn’t copy, but I’ll cope πŸ˜‚

Live! Laugh! Love!!! NOW!!! Mindfully!!!

🎯 JFT ONE GOAL CHALLENGE 🎯

Tues 9 Nov: Make a birthday card for my daughter. Her birthday 18 Nov. I have Craft Group Meeting this morning so should get it finished. Just a few finishing touches to make to the card. I will finish it tomorrow. We are going to visit her on Sunday, so will take her present and card up then.Β 

Wed 10: declutter the fridges/freezer ready to put in fresh food from grocery shop. All done!

Thu 11: DH has gone out birdwatching with his pal, so I am planning a ME day.

Turning up is the ultimate success!Β 

Personal stats

[*] 6 Oct : 141.6

[*] 9 Nov: 139.6

[*] Total Weight Loss: 87 (SmartScale app)

UGW: > 145

November goal: maintenanceΒ 

Daily Habits: Week 2

Mon: 🍁 Tue: 🍁 Wed: 🍁 Thu:

Fri: Sat: Sun:

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,321 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

JFT Wednesday

- Weigh πŸ˜€

- Shower πŸ˜€

- Work by 7:30 πŸ˜€

- Audits πŸ˜€

- Careful lunch πŸ˜€

- Home by 5:30 🀞🏻 πŸ˜€

- Chill πŸ˜€

- Log food πŸ˜€

- No alcohol πŸ˜€

- Stay green πŸ˜€

- Bed by 10:00 πŸ˜€

Happy Wednesday y’all!

I had to copy and paste yesterday's list, but it worked better than trying to quote and edit (which is no longer a thing).

Tonight is date night, but I plan to stay on top of calories. I weighed in up today I guess from yesterday's pizza, but my calories were fine yesterday so I don't know. I'm having a "I feel thin" kind of day, but the scale is disappointing. I try not to let fluctuations bother me, but they do. It's the downside of daily weighing. Unfortunately, daily weighing seems to be the thing that keeps me most on track. The trend is definitely downward with my low weight being on a Wednesday or Thursday. Makes sense with date night being Thursday evening that my low would be the morning before. If I look at weight from low to low, I'm losing a little over a pound a week which is good. I'm still having my evenings out and enjoying the occasional drink and still losing consistently. That's a win, right?

JFT Thursday

• Weigh πŸ˜€
    • Work by 7:00 πŸ˜ƒ
    • Check in with MFP πŸ˜€
    • Clean and set up new office in Delrin
    • No junk for breakfast
    • Lunch with auditor (under 300 calories)
    • Leave work by 3:30
    • Go to Mom's to do bills
    • Get ready for date night
    • Bar Trivia (topic Golden Girls)
    • Limit alcohol to 400 calories (~4 light beers or 2 mixed drinks)
    • Log all food and drinks
    • Stay under 1600 calories
    • Pack for weekend away
    • Bed by 11:30

Have a great Thursday!

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options

Last day of conferences, for this round at least, and I'll be free by lunchtime. Then maybe I can fit in a walk before I pick up some groceries.

November challenge - JFT Thursday 11/11/2021

Walk!