Loose skin or fat pooch?

Options
cccmcpherson
cccmcpherson Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2021 in Health and Weight Loss
I lost about 120lbs over 3 years, no strength training it was more due to an eating disorder.
Is this pooch fat? Or is it loose skin?
Originally I had a lot of loose skin and it tightened up so much, and I believe it still will, but will this fat pocket always be there?
i4eprcuqalrj.jpg
g0t8jga3jrbp.jpg

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous. No one would ever dream you'd once been 120 pounds heavier. Excellent work!

I'd say it may be a truly tiny bit of residual fat, *maybe* emphasized by a very slight anterior pelvic tilt (lordotic posture) - hard to tell about that because in order to emphasize what you want us to see, you're not standing naturally.

There may also be an effect from that "having a uterus" thing we women experience, too. Everyone's configured a little differently.

Have you now begun strength training? That will have *even more* positive impact, likely.

Repeating: You look *great*. Amazing results!
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Given that you lost your weight more so due to an eating disorder, I'd be more worried about whether or not you had that under control than the pooch, honestly. Having said that, you do look great, and maybe work on not getting hung up on certain body parts?

Assuming that you do and are eating well and have healthy relationship with food now, it can be extremely difficult to lose fat in that area, especially for women and if not doing any strength training. I know I have had 2 babies and c-sections, and am 65 pounds less than when I gave birth to my daughter. I'm 44 and likely pre-menopausal, strength train regularly and have been for years and probably have around 26% body fat, but still have that little lower ab pooch. It is loose skin, as well as fat and my body type and posture, but I have to learn to accept it ( which I have). It would take surgery plus a diet and exercise routine I'm not willing to commit to get rid of it, and it's just not that important to me.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 120 # loss! You may find the pictures on this thread interesting:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10689837/does-this-uterus-make-my-stomach-look-fat/p1
  • age_is_just_a_number
    Options
    Really hard to tell from a picture. You look great!
    If you are concerned, I suggest talking to your doctor. You mentioned you had an eating disorder. Hope you are now eating well and have a healthy relationship with food. Just concerned that your question is related to the exact opposite of the eating disorder you had.
    Regardless of whether it it skin or fat, it is difficult to completely eliminate because the normal woman’s belly is supposed to be slightly rounded.
    Remember : You look great!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    It does not look like loose skin to me. It looks natural. I can understand why you may focus on it..we all do that to ourselves.

It is important that your eating order is under control... I'm thinking most likely it is. so I give the following advice in the spirit that you now have a healthy relationship with food.

one thing you could consider are the non invasive procedures that would melt that little bit of fat away. It is successful in cases just like yours.. when there is only one pocket of fat that won't go away. Some women try to use them for overall weight loss..and it just doesn't work for them as it isn't a miracle worker.