Options
    iMago wrote: »
    the most important thing is to be respectful

💯
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    also whatever happened to that guy who used to message all the girls asking if they wanted to kick him in the *kitten* and stuff?

I’ve heard that he’s still around occasionally
  • taglazar1
    taglazar1 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Don’t be a creep. Send encouragement if you are sincere. Words of encouragement are so powerful. People honestly need so little affirmation to help get through some of the darkest of times. Maybe a person needs that, or a laugh. I’m always open to send and receive if it’s coming from a place of sincerity. Who knows the power it might have. If the person doesn’t respond back don’t take offense, move on and know you might have helped.
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    and never be afraid to tell them that "its kinda hard to message here isn't it haha"

You really know all the moves.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    and never be afraid to tell them that "its kinda hard to message here isn't it haha"

You really know all the moves.

7y4y3dgnl6yr.gif
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    the most important thing is to be respectful

ut oh
  • taglazar1
    taglazar1 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    taglazar1 wrote: »
    Don’t be a creep. Send encouragement if you are sincere. Words of encouragement are so powerful. People honestly need so little affirmation to help get through some of the darkest of times. Maybe a person needs that, or a laugh. I’m always open to send and receive if it’s coming from a place of sincerity. Who knows the power it might have. If the person doesn’t respond back don’t take offense, move on and know you might have helped.

All of that can be done with a post or comment on the profile. If this is your sincere intention then a DM is completely unnecessary.
    Could be. Unless the person sending doesn’t want things out in the Open. All depends on the person. Good call GymGoddessGoals
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    Its all downhill after the first PM
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I think I've gotten to old to DM. I'm not interesting and I don't play along with the flirt/recipe exchanging game. Booooorrrringg.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    Do not initiate or fall for the "If I was there right now" scenario
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    make no effort whatsoever to remember their name and just give them a nickname instead because lets be honest a fake name is good enough sometimes anyhow

sometimes?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    I think I've gotten to old to DM. I'm not interesting and I don't play along with the flirt/recipe exchanging game. Booooorrrringg.

You've obviously haven't seen my recipe for Crème Brûlée.

What are you wearing ?
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Don't send a DM when you could have made the same comment on my feed. Ex: person sees pic and dives into DM just to say how "great" the pic is as though they are afraid for someone to see what they have to say.

For what it's worth... I've done that before (not sure if to you or not, just speaking generally) with exactly ZERO intent/inferences "between the lines". I did mean it as only a simple compliment. I've since stopped though, because interweb.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Would be nice if someone sent me a message... I think I count on one hand and divide by 2 the number of messages I have ever received. :smiley::wink: :neutral::flowerforyou:

Good Morning, Hot Stuff
    Do you want to dance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQl0r0DODcE

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,560 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Don't send a DM when you could have made the same comment on my feed. Ex: person sees pic and dives into DM just to say how "great" the pic is as though they are afraid for someone to see what they have to say.

For what it's worth... I've done that before (not sure if to you or not, just speaking generally) with exactly ZERO intent/inferences "between the lines". I did mean it as only a simple compliment. I've since stopped though, because interweb.

Sadly, the number of negative experiences that many experience has outweighed the number of positive, that unfortunately the worst is often assumed. :(