Rules for MFP DMs

Options

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Filth is Good.

I can't help myself. Your comments have a way of sticking in my brain fo'eva.

2tA.gif
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,560 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Don't send a DM when you could have made the same comment on my feed. Ex: person sees pic and dives into DM just to say how "great" the pic is as though they are afraid for someone to see what they have to say.

For what it's worth... I've done that before (not sure if to you or not, just speaking generally) with exactly ZERO intent/inferences "between the lines". I did mean it as only a simple compliment. I've since stopped though, because interweb.

Sadly, the number of negative experiences that many experience has outweighed the number of positive, that unfortunately the worst is often assumed. :(

Yea... that's why I stopped. Unsolicited compliments from and unknown man, via the internet... even if my intentions were sincere I doubt things were received that way.

And even someone wasn't as jaded and skeptical as me, I've come to realize that the person sending the message is more important than the actual message. A message sent from someone you know/like can be interpreted very differently than that same message from someone you don't know. So I pretty much just keep my keyboard silent these days.

Thats when wall to wall support jumps in. Being an active supportive (and respectful) friend changes everything in terms of perception.

Not to mention, that your support of one person, is often inspiring to someone scrolling by. Don't give up, just adapt the approach to the platform. 🙂
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    I think I've gotten to old to DM. I'm not interesting and I don't play along with the flirt/recipe exchanging game. Booooorrrringg.

You've obviously haven't seen my recipe for Crème Brûlée.

What are you wearing ?

Khak...

Nvm - twitchy gonna be all up in here

GM! 🌞

Das hot!
  • taglazar1
    taglazar1 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Don't send a DM when you could have made the same comment on my feed. Ex: person sees pic and dives into DM just to say how "great" the pic is as though they are afraid for someone to see what they have to say.

For what it's worth... I've done that before (not sure if to you or not, just speaking generally) with exactly ZERO intent/inferences "between the lines". I did mean it as only a simple compliment. I've since stopped though, because interweb.

Sadly, the number of negative experiences that many experience has outweighed the number of positive, that unfortunately the worst is often assumed. :(

That stinks. Sorry to hear that :(
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    make no effort whatsoever to remember their name and just give them a nickname instead because lets be honest a fake name is good enough sometimes anyhow

Honestly if you call them by the same name more than once you’re trying too hard
  • CacoEther
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »
    Never get in the habit of good night and good morning messages, they are a trap

Jesus... People do that? I barely have the energy to tell my kids good night/morning every day...

I’ve heard rumors 🤷🏼‍♀️

I kinda prefer the ‘message when the mood strikes and then lets not talk for six weeks’ style of messaging myself
  • CacoEther
    Options
    If I leave you on read, that means
    literally nothing and if you read into it I’ll kill you
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options

Jesus... People do that? I barely have the energy to tell my kids good night/morning every day...

I’ve heard rumors 🤷🏼‍♀️

I kinda prefer the ‘message when the mood strikes and then lets not talk for six weeks’ style of messaging myself

I am so guilty of this.
  • CacoEther
    Options

I’ve heard rumors 🤷🏼‍♀️

I am so guilty of this.

Guilty nothing. Let’s make it the gold standard
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options

I’ve heard rumors 🤷🏼‍♀️

that's what I call "friendship"
  • CacoEther
    Options

I’ve heard rumors 🤷🏼‍♀️

that's what I call "friendship"

Yes, exactly 😁
  • twitchandshout
    Options

I’ve heard rumors 🤷🏼‍♀️

I might do something like that
  • twitchandshout
    Options

I’ve heard rumors 🤷🏼‍♀️

It accomplishes a few things:

Keeps my thumbs from wearing out

Weeds out the ones who get hurt feelings if you don’t write enough 😏

Also, it lets you know who’s ok with varying energy levels
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

I’ve heard rumors 🤷🏼‍♀️

Dang, and I've been hitting 'refresh' on my laptop every 15 seconds over the last three weeks for nuthin' ?
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    if she hasn't responded in 3 weeks its time to reach out and take the reigns and ask her if she's mad at you

Oops. I responded in my head but never got to actually write it out even though I have my phone with me 24/7 and I'm responding to this instead. My apologizes.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

I’ve heard rumors 🤷🏼‍♀️

Also, it lets you know who’s ok with varying energy levels

Most of the time I am jaded, cynical and surly.

ui3ugqyjnigy.png
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    when in doubt, the best response is silence. because you cant unsay things.

the 2nd best response is, of course, "who hurt you"