Any other woman weigh around 155lb and height 5'7?

Options
1235»

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and am 148. Has taken me forever to get here and I always bounce back up to those gosh darn 150's. It has been a struggle, but I'm slowly inching down.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm right in the range... 47 years old, 5'6", starting weight 165 lbs (heaviest ever). Was headed down to 145, but would be comfortable anywhere between 143-148. 150 is my "breaking point" that I don't ever want to go past again!

I use a Fitbit which is a huge motivater to move on days that I get a bit sedentary. Am also learning to use my HRM to monitor calories expended during exercise since the MFP calculators are often off.

Loving that there are so many of us around the same age, height and weight range looking for more healthy and fit lives!
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    Hi!!

I am trying to lose the last 15 pounds but it has proven to be really difficult!!

36 - 5'7
    Actual weight: 155lb
    Goal: 140lb

I am looking for other women in similar situation to lose weight with!!

Thanks!!!

you can see pictures of women your age, weight, height and same body shape on the web page
    www.mybodygallery.com
  • benni11
    Options
    First of all im not 5'7 (I wish lol) second after reading a few comments/replies I thought id give a little advice. It's hardest to lose those last 10-15 pounds but have you considered checking how much of your weight is fat and how much is actually muscle? I would consider start weight training and taking in a lot of protein. You really have to watch your diet. Im not saying go crazy lifting a whole bunch of weight. But gaining muscle helps burn more fat and makes you look leaner, slimmer and toned! Ive been struggling with the last 10-15 pounds but after talking to a few trainers and doing just that I've seen a difference. And once you change to strength training don't look at your total weight look at how much of that weight is muscle and how much is fat. I promise you'll see results. :)
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm 151 and goal is 142.
    I just gained ten pounds in two months but I'm having a hard time taking it off again. I'm just not used to eating less than 1800 calories a day...and wine.
  • tallnsexy
    tallnsexy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and I currently weight 157. My goal is 146. People around me say I'm small enough, but I'm not sure. I look in the mirror and I don't see what they see. I really don't know what my body looks like. I tried to google images of women my height and weight and that was a disaster
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit taller (5'9) but I to have been hovering around the 153 or so mark for some time. I'm trying to get to 145, but my weight has been pretty damn stagnant! Would love to hear stories from others who broke through..
  • thegingerpirate
    thegingerpirate Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"7' and I weighed in at 155 this morning. I'm shooting for 140, but I may go lower depending on how I feel when I get there. I wanted to ask some of the girls about my size how much per week you guys aim to lose?

Also, so many of you guys have such high calorie limits (to me). I can't lose a pound in a month if I'm above 1300 even if i work out 6 times a week (no change in measurements either, I just sit in the same spot). I have started calorie cycling to keep my body from thinking I'm starving it because I realize that I'm on the low end of a healthy intake. Thankfully, I'm almost never hungry on this intake and my body doesn't feel starved.

I would love to have some friends who are in a similar boat. It's so hard to stay motivated, but the pounds are coming off, I just need patience I guess!
  • wen52070
    wen52070 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", and 43

I just started back on logging my calories and working out this week. I had done this a couple of years ago and had lost a little over 20 lbs, but have managed to put it all back on. UGH!!!

Anyway here are my stats:

SW: 177.5
    CW: 177.5
    GW: 135 - 140

Would love to get down to around the 145 before we go on vacation this summer.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5" and 165 as of this morning. I look and feel best at around 140 and my ideal weight is 135. My fat is being very stubborn this time. Usually I lose the first 10 pounds in a couple of weeks then the weight loss slows down to 1-1.5 pounds/week. That's where I usually get impatient and quit.

This time am only losing 1 - 2 pounds/week, I haven't done that beginning rush of weight loss. So, not only am I working on losing weight, but I'm also learning to be patient!

D1bEBtE.jpg
  • Pattirowlette
    Options
    I am 56 years old, weigh 155 and I'm 5'6". I weighed in the mid 140's until I hit my 50's. I have used Fitness Pal religiously for year, I log every single morsel of food or drink and every minute of exercise. I will lose 3-4 lbs, then it comes right back. The weird thing is I still wear a size 6 and a medium top like I did at 143lbs! I do have a lot of muscle tone, but I had that at 143lbs. My doctor says I am fine for my heighth, but I feel fat! I felt better at 143. I do like wine with dinner....I have researched whether that is stifling my weight loss and have read mixed reviews. I would love to hear some of your thoughts or suggestions. Should I just be happy that I'm very healthy, my doctor is always pleased with my blood work and she thinks I should toss my scale! I just want to know why I can't lose even 5 lbs. and keep it off??
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    5'7" here. started at 163, currently around 153-155. would love to see 149. haven't seen that number since college.
  • lvmamaduke
    lvmamaduke Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and weighed in at 156 today. I started at 167 and hope to be between 135 and 140 by summer time. That is the weight I was a few years ago and feel best at. I eat 1500 calories and eat back half my exercise calories. I lose about .5 to 1 pound a week.
  • nkamra
    Options
    Hi All,

This is my first time posting. I'm 5'7 and a half and last time I checked my weight (2/9) I was 163.5. I'm holding off on checking my weight until after my period ends (next week) since I usually gain 5-7 pounds.

I was previously on here and got down to 155.5 pounds last year, but I was eating 1,400 calories and that just wasn't sustainable for me.

I am now going by the fat2fit calculator and eating anywhere 1,800-2,200 gross calories a day (mostly around 2,000). I work out 4 times a week doing cardio and weight training. I live in NYC so I walk everywhere so that helps on my sedentary days.

My ultimate goal weight is anywhere between 140-148 pounds; I haven't been that weight since elementary school so not sure how I'll look.
  • Jess732008
    Jess732008 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and I currently weight 157. My goal is 146. People around me say I'm small enough, but I'm not sure. I look in the mirror and I don't see what they see. I really don't know what my body looks like. I tried to google images of women my height and weight and that was a disaster

My cousin was like that. She weighed around 160 lbs and looked great at around 5'7'' when she was exercising. Then, she ran 3 miles several times a week and was so strong. Losing 15 lbs did not hurt her though and she did look better. I think 145-155 is the perfect weight for 5'7'' though others may not agree.
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am a bit similar. I am 5'6", currently 161lb and looking to get down to 140. I seem to fluctuate around 150-160 but finding it hard to break through that barrier!
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    23 5'8" 163 pounds looking for 145 planing on lifting heavy going for strength and fitness i want to look good naked not in cloths
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!