Why would you do that to yourself?

Options

Replies

• leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Great story! I also enjoy my hair color changing to suit my mood. I also have tattooes. Usually peeps r complimentary. Even if they dont mean it.... My gramma hates my deviation from norm. I just cant believe someone interrupted your workoutto engage in that bull crap conversatio. I am proud of u for making her feel dumb.
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I've experienced this too. It just occurred to me though, reading someone else's response, that an actually curious "why did you get that one?" (though still none of their business at least they aren't trying to be rude) could easily be mistaken for "why WOULD you get that?" or "why DID you do that?". Although OP this is totally obviously NOT what your own particular crazy lady meant. She's in a league of her own. I was appalled when I read that but I applaud you! :drinker:
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    wow. she lost me at the poke. who does that? and at the gym?

you did good - good responses.
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    What gall and insensitivity to have to do something like that to a total stranger.

Seriously! I didn't know that people actually did that. So rude!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Good job.

I'd also report her to the gym management for harassing you. Demand her to stay as away from you as possible and its the management obligation to keep youfeeling secure.
    Just give her hard time she deserves.
  • DMJS
    DMJS Posts: 46
    Options
    The sad truth is... If she would have just struck up a conversation with you, she would have seen what an amazing person you are and forgot about all the body art. I myself don't have any but, I love talking to people who do. Such artistic talent, incite and truly caring people. I have a couple of nieces who have done it all. They also are the sweetest, kindest people you would want to meet. I completely loved your responses. Kudos!!!
  • jwcomputergirl
    jwcomputergirl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Your comeback was BRILLIANT! I am so impressed... I usually think of just the 'right' thing to say about 10 minutes after the opportunity. :ohwell:
  • emsoquena
    emsoquena Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    People should mind their own business. Nice comeback!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    that's awesome. you handled that perfectly!!
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    "If you ever touch me again, I'll break your f---ing finger."

I get this too due to my septum piercing/gauged ears/etc. People need to mind their own business. Grrrawr.
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I applaud you :) I've had piercings since middle school and dyed my hair since elementary(like 5th grade) and most people think it's pretty cool. I think alot of people are intimidated by them because perhaps they're too afraid themselves to get something like it cause they're afraid of being judged. Hell, when I graduated HS one of my teachers was giving a speech and she goes around saying something about every student and the thing she said about me was that everyone looked forward to me dying my hair every season haha
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Shut the front door. That's awesome. *high fives*
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I used to get that all the time when I worked in retail - but I was never allowed to talk back

The one that always surprised me is "do you know your hair is blue?!" Ummm. Yes.. I had noticed, but thank you... I always wanted to run to a mirror, and be all like "****, why has this happened?!?!?!?"

Well done on owning her!

lol I know what you mean. back when I was a bus girl, they let me do what ever I wanted, hair, make up, tattoos, and the customers loved it. made them happy, bright colors and happy server. but when I got all the Do you know you're hair is blue, pink, green, etc, all I did was say ****, though I was still Barbie blonde.
  • Maidofmer
    Options
    thanks for the good vibes and stories about similar happenings. so far, haven't seen her around, but I haven't really looked. didn't report her because, honestly wouldn't do much good and i'm not going to let her get to me. I'm sure she'll f up again, and she may get her membership frozen or revoked. other than that, all good. keep the good karma up and good things eventually happen. like today I discovered I have collar bones! don't think I would have had them show as soon if I let her get to me that day. so, yay and you're all so awesome for keeping the good karma going
  • AEMW8
    AEMW8 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love some peoples tattoos, especially if they really mean something to someone. It's when someone goes and gets a tat just to look cool that I have a slight problem with. But hey, it's your body, decorate it however you want. The only body modifications I really have a problem with are the ear gauges and nose rings. I'm sorry, I just find them distasteful. And that's why I'm not going to get them.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You handled that far better than me. I probably would have ninja kicked her in the face. Kudos to you!
  • Caddell
    Caddell Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good on you for not stooping to her level in being nasty but still getting your point across.
  • Maidofmer
    Options
    a throat punch did come to mind, but I need that membership lol but really, can't let strangers bother me anymore with unwanted opinions that are just meant to be put downs
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    What a b!tch. She's lucky you weren't the kinda person that slapped her from there to Australia!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I know 0 things about tattoos or piercings or unnatural hair dye. I don't even have ear piercings.... Yeah I'm weird and afraid of needles and hate maintaining hair dye like that. I just barely managed to get contacts on my eyeballs LOL

But I don't go walking around poking people and judging their lifestyle... Seriously?!? I have to say this lady has dementia, a horrible day or she's just plain evil. I commend you for being the better person and she is lucky it was someone like you. Thanks for sharing this and I hope anyone who has a stereotype against people different then them will learn something.