Just Give Me 10 Days ~ Round 140

Options

Replies

• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,823 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @SModa61 I suggest averaging your round weight to see if it stayed at your maintenance weight. Daily weights are helpful for seeing what makes a difference but they are fickle for staying the same.
  • SheilaBoneham
    SheilaBoneham Posts: 3,008 Member
    Options
    I asked before but never saw an answer (could have missed it if anyone did!) — does anyone know what causes the crazy column formatting in some posts? Or how to fix?
  • quiltingjaine
    Options
    @beagletracks prayers for you and the work situation. DD#2 is a 2nd grade teacher in Clark county Nevada, has been teaching remotely this year. K-3 are scheduled to be in the classroom starting March 1. She said the system here is already short 3000 (!) teachers. IMHO, they can’t afford to fire those who refuse to be in person or to have them quit.
  • quiltingjaine
    Options
    @starrjulia8 OH MY! Sending prayers for your situation. That is not good to have your heart rate so high!!
  • quiltingjaine
    Options
    Female 5’0” Age 70 years
    Started Keto WOE 7/17/17 (mid-Rnd 10)
    *Travel - no scale part of the time
    Weight on 1/17/17 174.5
    OGW 137 (set by WW 2008, WW goal 1985 was 126)
    UGW 125 (HS weight 1968)
    Rnd 7 167.0 to Rnd 17 155.5
    To Rnd 27 146*
    To Rnd 37 139.0
    To Rnd 47 133.5*
    To Rnd 57 131.5
    To Rnd 67 128.0
    To Rnd 77 125.0
    To Rnd 87 121.0*
    To Rnd 97 121.0
    To Rnd 107 122.0
    To Rnd 117 116.0
    To Rnd 127 117.0
    Rnd 127 SW 117.0 AW 116.2
    Rnd 128 SW 115.5 AW 115.65
    Rnd 129 SW 115.5 AW 116.85
    Rnd 130 SW 116.5 AW 115.9
    Rnd 131 SW 116.5 AW 116.4
    Rnd 132  SW 118.5  AW 116.95
    Rnd 133 SW 117.5 AW 118.7
    Rnd 134 SW 118.5 AW 117.6
    Rnd 135 SW 117.5 AW 118.45
    Rnd 136 SW 118.5. AW 117.94
    Rnd 137 SW 117 AW 119.1
    Rnd 138 SW 117.5 AW 118.2
    Rnd 139 SW 119.5 AW 117.85

We ALL have good rounds and bad but that is part of life. Don’t stay away, stay accountable. We don’t judge, we support.-Jpv,2/13/19

What we need to succeed is a sustainable way of eating, not a DIET we go on and off.

This is NOT A DIET. It’s a LIFESTYLE.

**Comments and steps apply to previous day**

Rnd 140 SW 117.5
    2/1 118.0 AF
    2/2 117.5 I’m going to donate blood today. I hope it goes better than last time! AF
    2/3 116.0
    2/4 115.5 AF
    2/5 116.0 This will go up tomorrow, going to Golden Corral for lun-ner. It’s all good!55tc585c18jx.jpeg
    LOVE YOU, LOVE ME, LOVE LIFE
    2/1 LOVE ME - finished one UFO that I really don’t care for, bringing # of UFOs to about 3,999,999! Not even kidding 🤦‍♀️
    2/2 LOVE YOU - I’m so thankful for all of you here. LOVE LIFE! My blood donation today could help you or one or more of your loved ones.
    2/3 LOVE LIFE - It’s a beautiful day here. The high is supposed to be 71*F - not bad for winter!
    2/4 LOVE THIS GUY, TOO! (Oskar the cat)
    2/5 LOVE FAMILY - saw DD#2 and most of her fam for the 1st time since January 2 because they’ve had (according to symptoms) COVID. I thank God that all of our family has either avoided COVID or recovered.
  • quiltingjaine
    Options
    @SheilaBoneham I haven’t seen the crazy column formatting you mentioned. 🤷‍♀️ Oskar appreciates the compliment! And I thank you although I had nothing to do with the gene pool.😁
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    @beagletracks prayers for you and the work situation. DD#2 is a 2nd grade teacher in Clark county Nevada, has been teaching remotely this year. K-3 are scheduled to be in the classroom starting March 1. She said the system here is already short 3000 (!) teachers. IMHO, they can’t afford to fire those who refuse to be in person or to have them quit.

@quiltingjaine — I’m actually in Nevada, too, and the system for teacher certification is ridiculous. I would love to teach HS English and/or social studies, but to qualify for certification I’d need to do a bunch of unnecessary training. I have a masters in English and a masters in Education with 10 years of college teaching experience but can’t get certified to teach K12 unless I go back to do unnecessary schooling. It’s idiotic.

Teaching is the most important job for the future of our nation and yet our educators are underpaid, overworked, unappreciated, and put at extreme risk. Don’t get me started!
  • CamandJarvis
    CamandJarvis Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before

29, 5'5"
    OSW: 164.2
    GW: 135

Previous Rounds:
    R69 EW: 158.1
    R70 EW: 156.5
    R71 EW: 156.3
    R72 EW: 156.3
    R73 EW: 155.2
    R74 EW: 155.4
    R75 EW: 156.1
    R76 EW: 155.6
    R80 EW: 153.2
    R81 EW: 154.3
    R82 EW: 154.1
    R84 EW: 156.5
    R89 EW: 156.7
    R91 EW: 160.1
    R93 EW: 159.3
    R94 EW: 156.1
    R98 EW: 154.5
    R99 EW: 155.9
    <3 R100 <3 EW: 152.8
    R101 EW: 149.7 (1/15)
    R102 EW: 149.0
    R103 EW: 149.0
    R104 EW: 146.2
    R105 EW: 146.6
    R106 EW: 144.6
    R107 EW: 146.8 (spring break, only 2 days weight)
    R108 EW: 147.7 (Moving out of state, starting new job)
    R109 EW: 148.1
    R110 EW: 150.1
    R111 EW: 154.3
    R112 EW: 152.6
    R113 EW: 151.7
    R121 EW: 153.0
    R122 EW: 154.8
    R123 EW: 153.9
    R124 EW: 153.4
    R125 EW: 155.6
    R126 EW: 152.3
    R127 EW: 151.5
    R128 EW: 151.0
    R129 EW: 151.0
    R130 EW: 152.6
    R131 EW: 153.9
    R132 EW: 150.6
    R133 EW: 151.2
    R134 EW: 149.3
    R135 EW: 149.5
    R136 EW: 148.4
    R137 EW: 147.9
    R138 EW: 148.4
    R139 EW: 151.9

Last weight
    01/31 - 151.9

Round Goal: 146.x Fast 16+hrs on weekdays, 14+hrs on weekends. Up the water! Water minimum: 75oz, Goal: 91oz.

Day, Weight, Comment
    02/01 - 150.4
    02/02 - 148.8
    02/03 - 147.7
    02/04 - 147.0
    02/05 - 145.9 - NEW LOW!!!!! I'm so happy. Been trying to stay focused. Feeling extra squishy today but wondering if that's body recomposition - some areas have faster fat loss based on my body type and those areas may be accentuation places with less fat loss? I'm not sure. I can't trust my scale. Although it shows BF%, it always fluctuates way more that what it should (talking it'll fluctuate daily up to 8%BF, usually same 3% up and down). Wish there was a bodpod near me. Used to use that in the army to identify if certain changes were working and it gave a much different reading than my scale (like 28% and small increments of change vs scale saying I'm at 36% with daily large changes.) Anyway, fasted 17hrs (BF made breakfast) and about 100oz water yesterday. Aiming for much of the same today. Need to figure out lunch and dinner (since BF will be gone tonight). Got some frozen veggies yesterday and thinking maybe salmon?
    02/06
    02/07
    02/08
    02/09
    02/10

Previous Day's Comments
    02/01 - My weight is down from yesterday, but my bloat is the worst its been in a verrrrrry long time. Not entirely sure what is going on but I'm thinking there's a lot of little things adding up quickly. Fasted 14.5hrs yesterday. Had pre-made sub for lunch. Ended up eating Whataburger (fast food) for dinner because by the time we finished at the land, it was late and we had nothing to cook at our house (at least not thawed). Water was good, drank about 72oz which isn't bad since we ran out of water. Probably needed more, but still better than before! Lots of movement. It'll come down, I'm sure of it. Especially since weekdays are pretty easy and BF will be out this weekend, or at least Friday evening/Saturday. Much easier to fast when he's not around and cooking for himself (mmmm bacon).
    02/02 - Inching back down. Have some bloat in my low low belly (below belly button but not so much above it). I think that's just the price I'm paying for the weekend. So long as I keep to my goals, it'll go away. 16hr fast, 90oz water. Had deer chili with a sweet potato-apple bake. Interesting, but quite good. Making steaks tonight. Bought some mushrooms to attempt drunken mushrooms (beer braised), and a sack of potatoes for garlic mashed potatoes. Leftover potatoes, I had in mind a baked potato for lunch. I have butter, cheese, bacon bits, and some frozen chopped bell pepper to cook up and add which makes me really excited for it. Need to buy some broccoli on my next grocery trip - cheesy broccoli baked potato is a favorite and I haven't had it in awhile. I'm salivating thinking about it! haha
    02/03 - Still coming down slowly. Fasted 16.5hr, drank 90oz water. Not much to update, I think? Oh,I was approved and set my appointment to get PRK in 2 weeks (the 18th). I'll be off and unable to post for 4-5 days after surgery (I believe it'll be end of next round, beginning of R142). Don't worry, I'll be back as soon as I can to update everyone! As for my Godson, his white blood cell count is really high and doctors are stumped. We are all holding our breaths for it to lower and be normal. He's doing really well otherwise and just as crazy as can be (for a 2.5yr old, that is. Definitely a wildchild)
    02/04 - Had a good day. Pushed fasting out to 17hr with ease, and easily managed 90oz water. Another baked potato for lunch (I made two the day before) and had enchilada soup for dinner. Finished early enough that I may be able to push to an 18hr fast today! Think I'll eat some leftover butter noodles and ground beef for lunch (need to figure out how to dress it up) then getting rolls and roast beef for French Dip tonight. So yum!
    02/05
    02/06
    02/07
    02/08
    02/09

nlpq12u98xrp.png
    02/01 - I love my body She may not be perfect, and I may not always love her as I should, but she never gives up. The bloating I'm dealing with is her trying to keep us alive despite me not taking the best care of us. She does what she needs to do to make sure we stay as alive and healthy as possible. She works hard and though she may not be as strong as she once was and has some titanium upgrades, she still helps me walk, run, play, and work. And shoutout to my body for her dedication to us: ruck marching 12 miles on torn ligaments and tendons in my ankle with 30lbs, learning to walk and exceeding the necessary requirements for release after my back surgery (when there was a chance I'd lose use of my left leg and potentially both legs), suffering through a torn intestine (first time we ever fasted 3 days!), and just plain surviving what I (and life) throws at her for both of us. Body, you're a complete bada**. I absolutely do not love and appreciate you enough, but I'm so glad you love me unconditionally.
    02/02 - I love this group This group is an escape. A getaway. A place I can go when life gets a little heavy or when I have something amazing nobody else would truly understand or appreciate. I never thought I'd ever open up enough online (its a scary place) to call anyone a friend, but I consider all of you my friends. My little 10-day family on repeat. Not only are we all on a journey to health, but we are on a journey to get the most out of life and its beyond inspiring. Without this group, I know I wouldn't be making the progress I am. Reading all your successes keeps me going, knowing it IS possible. Without everyone here posting about their struggles, I wouldn't understand my own and how to overcome them. I look forward to coming here every day, not always to post about me, but to read how everyone is doing. I'm invested in your journey. I worry about you when things get tough and wait impatiently for the next day's post to see if you're okay. I'm truly excited for you when things go wonderful. Especially during COVID when it's hard to get together, I'm not missing out on this group. We come together regardless and it brings so much normalcy back when normal isn't possible elsewhere in my life. I appreciate all of you so much <3
    02/03 - I love my family I'm talking about my blood family AND my chosen family. They're all there for me, all the time. My blood family is small but we are close. We share struggles (yes, my parents share their struggles. Completely transparent) and good times. They've led me to things I didn't particularly want but have set me up in life now (a begudging thanks). My chosen family...well, I chose them because they feel like family. We have zero ties other than our love for one another and that is something absolutely amazing to me. They are the reason I finally got to move to Texas after years of wanting and waiting. I love that I have so many people that look through my anxiety and bad days to love me regardless, blood or not. I hope they all know how much I truly love them in return
    02/04 - I love my garden Just yesterday, I noticed 7 little sprouts from my habanero seeds. My starters have turned into a giant bush of baby tomatoes and baby Anaheim chilis. My little jalapenos I planted last year are somehow still hanging on outside and trying to produce fruit, despite it being much colder than the plant prefers. I love that my first year attempting to start from seeds has, thus far, been successful. I love that I'm getting amazing practice in for when we can finally own a home. I hope to build a greenhouse and expand my garden to feed us all kinds of fresh fruits and veggies. I love the practice of being in nature and working with Mother Earth to provide, it brings me back to my days working on our old family farm. Mom had a garden once I was in college and they moved - I love that I got the green thumb from her and we can bond more over our hard work. I love that my dad supports me because he wants me to be independent and this is a great way to feed myself. I love that my BF, though he's not the biggest fan of gardens, allows me to have a small one (and has actually helped by building me a raised bed! He's sweet) knowing I'm doing it to keep me happy and to supplement our food (it does help he loves spicy food and I'm growing tomatoes and all the peppers! Hot salsa and hot sauce from the garden, anyone?! Had to win him over somehow!) Last thing: I love that gardening gives me a purpose
    02/05 - I love my pups - I have 2 but MY baby is with my parents. Rebel is my little babygirl. Love her to death and miss her like absolute crazy every single day. Thankfully mom and dad send pictures, let me talk to her on the phone, and spoil her for me when I pester them about it. Then there's the dog I live with, Harley. She's a pain, but she's also a total love bug. I'll have a picture in a separate post. If I need some love and snuggles, she's RIGHT THERE. I joke with BF she's my dog during the day and his at night when she snuggles with him in bed (before he stops petting her and she uses my feet as a pillow). Poor baby goes to get spayed the Monday before I get lasers shot into my eye. We will surely be comforting each other that week.

• MSWDiet
    MSWDiet Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    SW: ? I should know this 🤯
    GW: 135lbs-139lbs, May I always weigh less than 140lbs🤞🤞🏽🤞🏿

Hi everyone! For who knows how many dozens of times I'm attempting to get online and post accountability daily.
    This period I'm going to restart my intermittent fasting and keto routine. Minimum fast 24hrs with a goal of 48hrs by the tenth. Low carb high fat and an indoor run or hiit every other day.

Day/Weight/Comment
    02/01
    02/02
    02/03 167.6lbs
    I'm a wreck today. My brain is about 50% functional. My schedule has to change and I'm figuring things out. I've been fasting over 24hrs now and hunger is not helping me focus.
    Reminder to self: Acknowledge your issues today are mundane ones and not real problems. It does not deminish their importance to remember that relative to the circumstances of others, you are doing okay.
    02/04 167.6lbs
    After 31.5 hrs of fasting I caved then restarted the clock. This morning I caved a second time with a mid morning meal. Restart number two began about noon. Forty-six hours to go.
    It was a low cal day and I expect the same today given liquids only and mostly water allowed. Fat and protein are respectable but carbs are the spoiler. I messed up by going for easy instead of staying on plan.
    Hopefully I'll make it through today and tomorrow to reach my 48hrs of fasting. Last night's left overs are frozen to avoid temptation. Fingers crossed!

02/05 165.8lbs

This week was for making plans and pulling life together having returned home after God knows how long away. So far I have accomplished very little. It's time to fix this.

Yesterday I decided to shut the fasting clock down and have a normal day. Fats & protein good, carbs lousy again with calories fine. More significant than the high carb day is that I ate too often. I had either three or four moderate meals instead of the one or two meals preferred for controing circulating insulin.

I haven't eaten yet today but I think I will make this a regular one or two feeding(s) day and begin fasting again tomorrow. Hopefully for a full 48 hours this time.

🙏🏽 Pulling my head together so I can get and keep myself on track. I'm on the edge of spiraling into my "lesser behaviors". I can't let that happen, oh the shame of it. Moreover, digging myself out is way too much work! 🙏🏽

02/06
    02/07
    02/08
    02/09
    02/10

Thanks so much 🌻MsJackie and 🌻MsMolly for posting and for bringing me to this thread. 🤗