Options

Replies

• Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    Womona wrote: »
    @Lilylady3k Beautiful flowers!! Enjoy the snow, I am in San Antonio, it is pretty thick on the ground here. Loving it!

Much of Houston is without power ... two of my kids homes don't have it and it might not be back on until tomorrow. We have power at my house ... wish they could drive here but the roads are not cleared and overpasses are closed. Though I taught my kids how to drive in snow and ice ... most Houston drivers don't so beware the other guy.

Keep warm!

Oh yes we are staying home, yesterday there was a fire truck overturned and they asked people to stay home so that first responders stay safe too, one of them was taken to hospital, thankfully no deaths.

Our power is going in and out, it will be off for about half an hour, then out again for a while, and back on randomly. The news said they are doing rolling cuts to conserve power, I expect they are prioritizing hospitals etc.
    I always used to drive in snow in the UK, but due to it being quite frequent they are more geared up for it over there with the council sending out 'gritters' when snow and ice are forecast.

It is wonderful to see the kids here running around making snowmen and having fun, it has been such a difficult year, it is good to see the little ones having fun again :smile:
    Hope you and your kids are staying warm and safe!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,554 Member
    Options
    @CMB44512
    You have been doing very well nephew.
    Glad that your GF wasn't angry with you on Valentine's Day!