Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Less Alcohol - FEBRUARY 2021 - One Day At A Time

Replies

• CMB44512CMB44512 Member Posts: 61 Member Member Posts: 61 Member
    @missmay where are you going that you can no longer be our thread representative?
    😢 this saddens me. It may cause me to drink.
  • CMB44512CMB44512 Member Posts: 61 Member Member Posts: 61 Member
    Was AF this whole weekend and driving by the liquor store I was doing the side eye the entire time. I respect everyone on here who can limit themselves, which is something I just can't do and won't ever be there. It's my goal to be AF all this week to continue my streak to make it a month! Not easy but definitely worth it. I am already feeling better physically and mentally. Was looking through all the posts and congrats to all who hit their goals and thank you for posting you success stories...it helps a lot!

Nice work hanging in for a month.
  • mainelylisamainelylisa Member Posts: 316 Member Member Posts: 316 Member
    lmlmrn wrote: »
    @mainelylisa Thank you for taking on the responsibility for @MissMay who btw has done/doing a terrific job.

Big shoes to fill (or whatever the saying is--I'm not calling your feet big, @missmay! And I may need a tutorial ;-)
  • Lilylady3kLilylady3k Member, Premium Posts: 1,224 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,224 Member
    AF this evening. Dinner out (Salmon Florentine with saute veggies) which was nice. I wanted to join DH in finishing the wine at our home and a glass at dinner but I held firm with the water with lemon. Then both DH & I had decaf coffee at home.
    Tired and my arm is sore from the 2nd COVID vaccine but we are both doing fine. I understand that tomorrow might be different as the vaccine kicks in. We'll see. After the first vaccine shot we had no symptoms until the next day. DH had fever & chills for a bit about 36 hrs after the shot which were gone in ~3 hrs and I had a dull headache for a couple of days. Hence my reason for really not wanting to drink last night or tonight. Don't need a double whammy.

@mainelylisa - Thank you for picking up the ball for us on the kick off of the threads each month!
    @MissMay - I really appreciate all that you've done! Thank you! Good luck with the downsizing. Is this the cleanup that you've been working on ... with the possibility of moving into a roving RV?
    edited February 24
  • globalhikerglobalhiker Member Posts: 771 Member Member Posts: 771 Member
    I am going to miss you @MissMay! I do hope you pop in every now and then to "visit" us :). Thanks to @mainelylisa who will be great at the role...

On day 24 AF here, hubs on day 16 AF I think. No issues to report, household is calm and happy....

Found this 1 minute "relaxation" exercise on youtube I really like:

https://youtu.be/n6RbW2LtdFs

• AR10at50AR10at50 Member Posts: 751 Member Member Posts: 751 Member
    @mainelylisa -Thank you for taking over; I appreciate it!
    @MissMay -please check in with us when you can; you will be missed!
  • dawnbgethealthydawnbgethealthy Member Posts: 3,493 Member Member Posts: 3,493 Member
    ahb9lrccxh7x.png

I'm going to finish strong...

Heehee, so funny. It actually took me a second, I was like "wait, what?"
  • dawnbgethealthydawnbgethealthy Member Posts: 3,493 Member Member Posts: 3,493 Member
    @MissMay
    Thank you for all of your service.
    I hope that you will still be a part of the thread although not moderating it any more.

@mainelylisa
    Thank you for volunteering to keep us going.

This thread has made a huge difference in my life, and checking in daily is key for me.
    Hi
    I originally decided to drink less in order to lose weight.
    I have been on this thread since Nov 28.18
    Thank you to @MissMay for keeping us going.

I am going to post with my usual diary style to keep track of my AF days.
    I will be keeping to my usual goal of 16-20 AF days per month. It is manageable for me and doesn't put too much pressure on me. So far I have been able to keep with it. One month I raised the goal and failed miserably, so I learned from that. I think this is my sweet spot.
    My rule for myself: No drinking 2 days in a row, strive for 2AF days in a row in between at minimum.

Sunday Feb 21 - AF - I will be tomorrow also to get my 2AF days in a row.
    Monday Feb 21 - AF - Very early workday start tomorrow, so AF tonight. Always happy to see my 16 : - )
    Tuesday Feb 23 - Drinks. I enjoyed them, but eat completely differently when I have alcohol for sure.

Rolling total 16AF days out of 23 days
    Hi
    I originally decided to drink less in order to lose weight.
    I have been on this thread since Nov 28.18
    Thank you to @MissMay for keeping us going.

I am going to post with my usual diary style to keep track of my AF days.
    I will be keeping to my usual goal of 16-20 AF days per month. It is manageable for me and doesn't put too much pressure on me. So far I have been able to keep with it. One month I raised the goal and failed miserably, so I learned from that. I think this is my sweet spot.
    My rule for myself: No drinking 2 days in a row, strive for 2AF days in a row in between at minimum.

Sunday Feb 21 - AF - I will be tomorrow also to get my 2AF days in a row.
    Monday Feb 21 - AF - Very early workday start tomorrow, so AF tonight. Always happy to see my 16 : - )
    Tuesday Feb 23 - Drinks. I enjoyed them, but eat completely differently when I have alcohol for sure.
    Wednesday Feb 24 - AF - Trying to not have drinks 2 days in a row.

Rolling total 17AF days out of 24 days
  • Lilylady3kLilylady3k Member, Premium Posts: 1,224 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,224 Member
    2 glasses of wine with dinner & then zoom book club. Crazy day yesterday... exhausted not sleeping during the night and ended up with long naps both in the morning and afternoon. DH had to work but ended up going to bed at 8pm since he too was sleep deprived.
    I guess I did not have the will power to drink water when DH opened the bottle of wine I've not tried before.