Less Alcohol - FEBRUARY 2021 - One Day At A Time

Options
1242526272830»

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,556 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I originally decided to drink less in order to lose weight.
    I have been on this thread since Nov 28.18
    Thank you to @MissMay for keeping us going.

I am going to post with my usual diary style to keep track of my AF days.
    I will be keeping to my usual goal of 16-20 AF days per month. It is manageable for me and doesn't put too much pressure on me. So far I have been able to keep with it. One month I raised the goal and failed miserably, so I learned from that. I think this is my sweet spot.
    My rule for myself: No drinking 2 days in a row, strive for 2AF days in a row in between at minimum.

Sunday Feb 21 - AF - I will be tomorrow also to get my 2AF days in a row.
    Monday Feb 21 - AF - Very early workday start tomorrow, so AF tonight. Always happy to see my 16 : - )
    Tuesday Feb 23 - Drinks. I enjoyed them, but eat completely differently when I have alcohol for sure.
    Wednesday Feb 24 - AF - Trying to not have drinks 2 days in a row.
    Thursday Feb 25 - Drinks (2) - Broke my 2 days AF in a row rule for myself. Planned drinks for Saturday, so AF for Friday for sure.
    Friday Feb 26 AF - Quick month!
    Feb 27 - Drinks.

Rolling total 18AF days out of 27 days
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy great pictures! Look at that pristine ice! Even more amazing is you have the place to yourself!

@mainelylisa thanks for taking over the continuation of this thread. I guess today is your first big test- how to create the March link! @MissMay, thank you so much for keeping it going, and for all your welcomes to new people to the thread. Your encouraging words mean so much.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Hi
    I originally decided to drink less in order to lose weight.
    I have been on this thread since Nov 28.18
    Thank you to @MissMay for keeping us going.

I am going to post with my usual diary style to keep track of my AF days.
    I will be keeping to my usual goal of 16-20 AF days per month. It is manageable for me and doesn't put too much pressure on me. So far I have been able to keep with it. One month I raised the goal and failed miserably, so I learned from that. I think this is my sweet spot.
    My rule for myself: No drinking 2 days in a row, strive for 2AF days in a row in between at minimum.

Sunday Feb 21 - AF - I will be tomorrow also to get my 2AF days in a row.
    Monday Feb 21 - AF - Very early workday start tomorrow, so AF tonight. Always happy to see my 16 : - )
    Tuesday Feb 23 - Drinks. I enjoyed them, but eat completely differently when I have alcohol for sure.
    Wednesday Feb 24 - AF - Trying to not have drinks 2 days in a row.
    Thursday Feb 25 - Drinks (2) - Broke my 2 days AF in a row rule for myself. Planned drinks for Saturday, so AF for Friday for sure.
    Friday Feb 26 AF - Quick month!
    Feb 27 - Drinks.
    Feb 28 - AF

February total 19AF days out of 28 days
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Great job everyone for February. @globalhiker You did it!!! Congrats on a dry month!!

Huge thanks @MissMay for all that you have done.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Feb accountability: 9/28 days AF
    Alcohol: 19 days (44 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month

2/1 - AF
    2/2 - AF
    2/3 - AF
    2/4 - AF
    2/5 - 2 wine
    2/6 - 2 wine
    2/7 - 2 wine
    2/8 - AF
    2/9 - AF
    2/10 - AF
    2/11 - 3 wine
    2/12 - 2 wine
    2/13 - 3 wine
    2/14 - 2 wine
    2/15 - 2 wine
    2/16 - 2 wine
    2/17 - 2 wine
    2/18 - 2 wine
    2/19 - 2 wine + 1 rum
    2/20 - 2 wine
    2/21 - 2 wine
    2/22 - AF
    2/23 - AF
    2/24 - 2 wine
    2/25 - 4 wine
    2/26 - 2 wine
    2/27 - 3 wine
    2/28 - 2 wine

The drinks add up when I don't hit my target for AF. But at least there were only a couple of slips where I went over 2. Need to work on that as well. One to next month! See you there.

@dawnbgethealthy - Love your new pic skating with the ski runs in the background.
    @globalhiker - You and your hubby are doing great!!! Adding up the AF days!
    @mainelylisa - Thanks for the new thread.
    @MissMay - So glad to see you remotely checking in for our end of the month tally!
    @lmlmrn - Good job cutting yourself off!
    @Womona - Do you live on water or near water? If so where? A sailboat will be such a fun diversion during the summer!!
    @chocolate_owl - How was your hubby's birthday weekend?
    @CMB44512 - Onward to March! Curious if your GF is a daily drinker ... I think I remember that she is not. After the gift of rum and the hangover ... did you have the hare of the dog or get out to walk or something to clear the head?
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    This month goal is to eliminate my beer consumption as it always leaves me feeling bloated. Limiting my alcohol intake to only once a week. Sticking to wine or less caloric spirit. Wish me luck 🤞