The 2 Day Diet

Options
I’m trying yet again to lose weight. This time I’m trying The 2 Day Diet, not the 5:2 diet. So far it seems doable, but I would like to connect with like-minded people. Rather than trying to describe it, it’s probably better for people to look up the protocol themselves.

Replies

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Okay, yeah..so nothing on 2 Day but here is a 5:2 group:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/126211-5-2-intermittent-fasting

and here is the Low Carb forum:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum

Maybe between those two you'll find what you're looking for.

• wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Fad diets usually don't work long term.
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Fad diets usually don't work long term.

It isn’t a fad diet.

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Yeah, I'm no authority on what is or isn't a fad diet, but this sounds more like the alternate day/ 5:2/ IF types of ways of eating, which isn't necessarily fad IMO (although I'm fully aware of random claims on the forums and social media about how IF is "magic" and it alone makes you lose weight and cures diseases, which I agree those particular claims are bogus.)
    However, if someone personally finds limiting eating to certain windows of time easier to maintain calorie deficits, who am I to say they're wrong?

I've considered trying the 5:2 plan before because I like the idea of eating at maintenance for 5 days, but didn't like the 500 calories, two days a week idea. Lol

I think people are thinking this is more like one of those "Drink Kale Smoothies for 2 Days and Lose 7 lbs!" diets and it's not.

Either way, hopefully it works well for you OP. It sounds interesting.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    HelenWater wrote: »
    Yeah. If I could delete the thread I would.

You can click "Flag" and then "Report" and ask that they close it.
  • HelenWater
    Options

You can click "Flag" and then "Report" and ask that they close it.

Thanks!

• HelenWater
    Options
    @helenwater, I just did a quick scan of the diet. Could you get support from the carb cycling group? That’s kind of what it sounded like to me. As I said, I just did a quick scan, but I didn’t see anything at all that looked unhealthy about it. Just 2:days of high protein, low carb, then 5 days of healthy eating. You would still need to count calories to insure weight loss, but if that way of eating helps you achieve your goals, go for it!
    I can’t support your making an effort to do this, as I already gravitate towards high protein, high fat, low carb eating, and I personally try to include more carbs in my meals.
    But I support your effort to get healthier in the way that works best for you.

Thanks. I’ll check it out.

• HelenWater
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

Don't take it to heart - you are just getting 5 seconds of most responders attention and there's huge and mostly instinctive (rather than thoughtful) pushback on irregular eating patterns and even the word "diet". Pretty odd when the majority of people on here came here to diet!

I don't see anything unhealthy in your plan at all and no reason not to give it a trial.

Thanks. It occurred to me this morning that more people seem to be reactive than a couple of years ago.