Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Ddsb11 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Ddsb11 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    You'll get your share of it. I've had several members email me directly because they felt my truth was too harsh on some responses I made back in the day. I think the one that really got the most was one I made on pregnant women using the excuse "eating for 2" and allowing themselves to gain 80+lbs. The responses I got from that were pretty crazy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Oh man, I can only imagine! But did you get an email 😈

The Community Guidelines were just reworded with the "I won't be a jerk" language within the last few years.

Speaking of, you had this in bold when you posted the rules: attacks against the member’s spelling or command of written English

Attacks! This didn’t happen. At all. So I guess they need to change it to, whether polite or not, don’t correct grammar. And they can probably take out the jerk part when someone isn’t trying to be a jerk. I respond really well to gifs, maybe replace it with something like that 🤓

Yes, also in that post I said:

"Also, the guidelines say "attacks against the member’s spelling or command of written English" and I do believe you were coming from a place of CARING, not belittling."

No, I appreciate you posting it cause it hit me the next day that it said attack. I was like, wait I didn’t though. Don’t know why I didn’t notice that word earlier, you even bolded it for me 😊
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    The only time to correct a persons grammar is when you are their teacher, parenting a young child.. or there is an agreement to do so between friends. Otherwise.. it makes the person feel stupid and small.

Hey didn’t mean to skim over your response. I always thought if you meant well and you were helping than people can take it the way they want. I can’t live my life trying to do what I assume everyone else wants me to do. I’ve always lived my life doing what seemed pure in my heart, or at least I try to. But I appreciate your POV and certainly take it to heart.
This discussion has been closed.