WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: Your Minnie looks like fun! Congratulations!!! Bette 2.0 is a good name. Enjoy! :star:

(((Lisa))): I agree with Peach—45 minutes using a chain saw is demanding and would exhaust anyone who isn’t an actual lumber jack or does the job frequently. :heart:

(((Michele))): So sorry about Denise. :cry:

We have not named our RV, a good thing. I love it, but DH wants something smaller. I don’t expect us to make a change in the near future, and I don’t want to be sad about the name of the rig we have now. I love it, he doesn’t. It is relatively big and old, and has had lots of repairs. :ohwell:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,899 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    HUGS! From the sound of everything (Except Pip) it has been a hard day all around. Mine wasn't bad, just rough.
    Ladies, please make sure your affairs are in order, easily understood, easily executed. We can't do ours until stuff with his mom's is settled. I know that will be an interesting discussion. I think that having less is so much easier! Taxes are easier. Wills are easier. I think that I had less concerns when I had less. Yes, I had to figure out how to pay for things, but I never went hungry, I had a roof over my head, and I had clothes. Those aren't concerns anymore, but much more complicated.

Need to get some work done while I watch the cars. Saw a cool new Yorker station wagon go across the block. Not my style, but unique!

Kylia

We made our wills really simple with no specific items mentioned. If I go first, my husband gets it all. If he goes first, I get it all. Whatever "all" is at the time.

If we both go at the same time, then "all" is divided between certain family members.

I couldn't be bothered doing the ... "the crystal bowl goes to aunt so and so", "the collection of costume jewellery goes to cousin so and so" etc. etc. Just sell it up and divide the money.

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,350 Member
    Options
    Carol GA – maybe when Denise was growing up I did too much for her, I don’t know.

Michele NC
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,745 Member
    Options
    Barbara - I thought I read not long ago that it has been proven as a myth that eating just before sleeping stores calories as fat.
    I swear men lose faster, my husband can lose it fast when he’s being active.

Terri - we need two cars for 1/2 the year when Rodger and I work different directions.

Kelly - I get so many songs stuck in my head. The oddest one though is Alice, who the F$&* is Alice. I don’t know who sings it, or even the whole song. Another one is a kids song called Skinnamarink.

Pip - love the new camper! Glad they had it fixed for you.

Tina - I bet you are grateful it wasn’t a worse injury for you or DH.

Lisa - I think 45 minutes is a long time. I would call that a win.

Michele - I hope Denise soon changes her attitude.

A cold dreary spring day today. Mix of rain and snow.
    My cousin is finally getting some help with getting her MIL into care and out of her house. When I saw them on the weekend her husband looked like he had aged 20 years since I saw him in June. It’s been a rough go for them since November. I hope the rest goes very fast.

I am watching Outdaughtered, I have enjoyed watching the little girls grow up.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    More of the 60th birthday shoot. She crochets too apparently.
    cqlug37m82d8.jpeg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    :) I had my mammogram at 3 yesterday. I got the results online at 6 tonight. We have great medical professionals here. The results were good.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Tracey the woman celebrating her 60th is a hoot!

Kim in N. California
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,558 Member
    Options
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🌜😴💛
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Kim - I agree, maybe it will start a trend. All of the pictures are so much fun.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,558 Member
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    Pip, , love Bette 2.0, and those quilts! 💕👍
    Rebecca
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,899 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    My t-shirt quilt was here waiting for me. It’s hanging by Kirbys quilt. It has shirts from my Amazon days, riding and running days and volunteer days for MS

8cpyfnen6sfd.jpeg
    a0b4nm8kisnn.jpeg
    6mwutdkw15a6.jpeg

Did you get someone to make that for you?
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    mhbnaamjdxm3.png

Happy Birthday, Barbie! and many more…

Karen in Virginia