Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Today is a new diet day! I need new habits. I've been afraid to weigh myself.
    Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I miss feeling cool.

Never thought I would say that because I love the heat when it is happening outside ... but feeling hot ALL THE TIME is getting a bit old.

Apparently it is not actually as hot as I think it is.

I don't have a fever. Temp between about 36.3 and 36.6. My thyroid is normal. I don't have diabetes - everything is absolutely normal in that regard. I'm not in any pain*. And I have absolutely no problem sweating.

I'm cooler when I exercise outside but even getting up and walking around the office for a minute or two when I feel really hot helps a little bit.

I don't drink hot drinks - I let my coffee and tea cool. I drink a lot of cold water.

I wear cool clothes even on chilly days and when I get home, I'm in shorts and a tank top. My clothing choices for work are narrowing. I'm down to sleeveless tops and skirts or sleeveless dresses.

*Regarding pain: I don't feel pain when I'm normally hot, but when I have a hot flush, I do. A hot flush is even hotter than my normal hot. I feel like I'm burning up and my skin goes all prickly and painful.

Why do I feel hot but have no fever?
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/why-do-i-feel-hot-but-no-fever

Machka in Oz

I'm sorry you're feeling particularly uncomfortable with heat. My momma had a hard time with hot flashes, and I think the nape of her short haircut was always damp from it. When I had " my hot flashes era" I remember at night it would wash over me like a itchy wool blanket. My mouth and brain felt fuzzy, and I felt claustrophobic with it all! I would have to get up, and have a mental chat with myself, drink cold water,band just try to breathe. Now that I am thru that era, I am always cold with purple-y looking toes and fingers. Once I take a hot shower I'm good. Hugs to you!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

That's a really good description! It is like a prickly, itchy wool blanket on a very hot day ... and I hadn't thought of it as feeling claustrophobic, but it is. I feel much better if I can get up and even just pace about a bit.

It's the worst during my 45-60 minute bus rides. The buses are so hot with no ventilation anyway and then I go through a series of those things and of course, I can't get up and move.

M in Oz

Oh man that would be awful, getting it on a bus! Hugs! I guess I was lucky that way, because it was only at night. Also the claustrophobic sensation was because it was dark. So I remember getting up, getting a glass of something turning on the living room light to just distract me, and calm myself down. I don't think I ever got my hot flashes during the day, because for the most part Vacaville CA was just hot anyway. Maybe I just didnt notice it? Who knows!
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Tracy, I am glad your friend turned you on to her essential oils concoction! I haven't had a period since 2012 so I don't get hot flashes anymore. So I have gotten thru the mental pause and come out the other side woohoo!
    Now I am just always cold!
    Rebecca
    Weird in Whidbey
    Washington
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Tracey Hopefully your cousin's husband realises it is the illness not him that was the problem and the way the Hippa law reads. DH did say part of this may be to protect a person who is being abused and doesn't want any info out. There has to be a better way. When someone is not in their right mind and then you are shut out from helping them because of the Hippa Laws it just adds to the torment and the person who is suffering and the suffering of the loved onel. It can delay critical care they need.I did learn with son just because they cannot give you info you can tell then info. They will not tell you this they are more worried they are checking off the correct boxes. End of rant!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Margaret - yes my cousin’s husband realized it but it was a week of heartbreak in so many ways. They will be married 35 years in July and have been together since she was 13 and he was 15, it hurt him terribly. They are still working through the trauma of it all.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Debbie: Good news that you have had both of your shots. Great to get it over with, and hopefully well protected. Tuesday will be shot #2 for both DH and me. I look forward to it. :star:

Machka: Hot-flashes are part of the deal for women “of a certain age.” I had them in my early sixties— a while ago. The next item on the “to do” list for women is to be sure to get adequate calcium to keep your bones strong. Osteoporosis is not desirable. I take a prescription medicine, Alondrate, once weekly on Sunday morning to be sure to keep my bone density good and strong. I have already taken it today. There is also a daily version, but I didn’t choose to use that. :star:

Barbara: I looked up the stats for my county—1,346 case and 24 deaths so far. Our local paper reported that we are at high risk level. Inside dining is not okay here, either. There is one outdoor food court that might be viable. We haven’t tried it. Otherwise, it is home cooking or restaurants with a drive-up window. Subway is open with a tight limit on the number of customers. They must be at least 5 feet apart and leave as soon as they’ve paid. The goal is to keep people from spreading Corona virus. One restaurant was open a couple of weeks ago. No idea whether they are still open. We chose not to go in—it was jammed with people inside and on the outdoor patio. :grumble:

Our second vaccinations are scheduled for Tuesday morning. I'm scheduled for 9:30, and DH about an hour later. I look forward to it, even if it gives me another headache similar to the first vaccination. We are taking Pfizer vaccine.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    KJ (Kelly), Wowsa, pulling the tarp with the sand! You are our Rocky! All you do with your childcare amazes me! Of course way back when, my front living room was more an Owain play area than anything. Parents of kids I had over for the two older sons would ask me if I ran a daycare! No, but I guess I could have. It was a one level home, with living room right from the front door, then beyond was the kitchen and smaller living room with a fireplace. We just used that. So the front part had all our 7 oak book cases, then with cathedral ceilings it was quite nice. Vallejo, CA was nice walking, but everyone kept to themselves and it was difficult making friends. I would wave to people but they never made it across the street to have coffee. But I did a lot of walking!
    This week I am treating Galen to some ramen! Bought bok choy, green onions, bean sprouts, and some pre made pork chops I will just reheat in some soy sauce/chicken stock mixture. Then going to attempt to make "ramen eggs". I have some jumbo shrimp for me, then we have seaweed sprinkles to sprinkle on top of soup. After our ramen, (or before!), I bought some seaweed crunchy snacks. Like a pretzel with a strip of seaweed wrapped around it, and dunked in soy sauce (taste).
    Well onward and upward! Time to do some writing!
    Hugs ladies!
    Rebecca
    Still cold in Whidbey
    Washington

Athena time:💕
    foxfscddgvrb.jpeg
    p9wg8w2apq5l.jpeg

Rebecca, when did you live in Vallejo? Where you in military housing? Husband grew up two blocks from it. His mom still lives in the same house.
    Still not a real friendly town-still keep to themselves it seems.
    Debbie
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    A pic of Max on his walk with DH up to the windmill. <3

1dbhh2hh6kyx.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Options
    Heather: Max looks happy. Your DH is an excellent friend.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Pip, Rebecca, and Heather:

Love all the photos! :)

Carol in GA
  • wm6810
    wm6810 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wendy in Georgia
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Katla49
    Options
    Peach—Your sister’s azaleas are glorious!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    The flowers are beautiful.......Spring is coming!.This is oldest Great Grson......all boys so far Pat C Ohio
  • Katla49
    Options
    :flowerforyou: