Water Fasting challenge, support and buddies

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Water fasting: Another way of saying "I'm going to starve myself. Whose with me?"

Yeah. No thanks. You're not a plant. Eat food.
  • Jill_with_a_G
    Jill_with_a_G Posts: 58 Member
    Water fasting: Another way of saying "I'm going to starve myself. Whose with me?"

Yeah. No thanks. You're not a plant. Eat food.

completely agree
  • For whomever is not interested/don't agree you don't have to get involved in the conversation (if you feel fasting is wrong).
    With all due respect, your opinion is going to be irrelevant to me.
    I simply asked those who have gone through it to share their experience.
    I however appreciate your concerns over this drastic choice of mine! Understandable! :)
  • wesleycneill
    wesleycneill Posts: 64 Member
    This is stupid and so is any one who joins him or her. It's so stupid I didn't even read a single damned post after the OP.

Just #@$! eat right, and exercise instead of depriving your body with another stupid gimmick. Do people really have no common sense? I'd almost say "Go for it" and let Darwin take care of a few more, but I can't quite be that cruel.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    I did lose weight in a healthy way. I find it difficult to stuck to that many calories a day (that is to say create the deficit to be able to keep losing) after one year of being strict.
    After a while it becomes discouraging and disheartening and sad and frustrating and you yourself end up having issues with food.
    Everything in your days revolves around that and, although all you do is healthy and balanced for your body, it is, on the other side, subtly, creating an unbalance in your mind.
    Weight loss is a no-win-win situation. You get better in your appearance if you are successful but you increase the chances of spoiling your relationship with food.
    Hence, 20 days of drastic action can't cause any more harm than that we cause to ourselves in our EVERY DAY battle.

If you find it difficult to stick to calories now, you have issues with food, feel unbalanced in your mind, and feel discouraged, why would you want to create additional hardships for yourself? This 20 days of "drastic action" is only going to lead those feelings and behaviors to intensify.... I hope you decide to change your mind and improve your issues with food.

And to add: There is no reason a person should put their body through this type of thing. For those that support it and claim that it cleanses you are full of crap. (Pun intended) If a person poops and pees, they are cleansed because the body is a pretty solid machine.

ETA: I just saw your post that responses that do not agree with your approach are irrelevant to you. Best of luck and I hope you do not harm yourself.
  • wesleycneill: Looking at your picture, you're doing it all right! Keep it up! :)
  • wesleycneill
    wesleycneill Posts: 64 Member
    For whomever is not interested/don't agree you don't have to get involved in the conversation (if you feel fasting is wrong).
    I however appreciate your concerns over this drastic choice of mine! Understandable! :)

It's fact, not opinion. If intelligence and wisdom are irrelevant to you, then go for it. You will fit right in with the average moron.

If this seems harsh to you, it's because I am shocked at the stupidity of this post. I've seen some doozies, but nothing quite like this. I really don't want to know who you voted for.
  • quirkytizzy
    For whomever is not interested/don't agree you don't have to get involved in the conversation (if you feel fasting is wrong).

Translation: Please tell me only what I want to hear, even though I posted this in a public forum where people with differing opinions have been known to be.
  • Translation: Please tell me only what I want to hear, even though I posted this in a public forum where people with differing opinions have been known to be.
    [/quote]

I agree, just tell me what I want to hear!
    Please!!! (being sarcastic here)
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    This sounds like promoting an eating disorder. Dangerous ground. Leaving now.
  • easto_79
    easto_79 Posts: 102 Member
    According to your ticker, you are over 1/2 way to your goal weight. What are you hoping this will accomplish? Looks like you've been successful up to this point. Why change now?

Amazing point!!
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    This is stupid and so is any one who joins him or her. It's so stupid I didn't even read a single damned post after the OP.

Just #@$! eat right, and exercise instead of depriving your body with another stupid gimmick. Do people really have no common sense? I'd almost say "Go for it" and let Darwin take care of a few more, but I can't quite be that cruel.

THIS
  • Seriously, if I read something that in my opinion was silly I would just ignore the post and move on to a different one that I find interesting, full of sense and relevant to me.
    Why would you stop by and write your thoughts on something you find dangerous, silly, stupid and so on?
    Isn't it a waste of your time? Just wondering...
  • quirkytizzy
    Translation: Please tell me only what I want to hear, even though I posted this in a public forum where people with differing opinions have been known to be.
    I agree, just tell me what I want to hear!
    Please!!! (being sarcastic here)

What you want to hear: Water fasting is a great way to be healthy and I'm going to do it with you!

What you're not going to hear: That.
  • terriblyn
    terriblyn Posts: 107 Member
    Probably to HELP you avoid a lot of discomfort... I think the most of us are here for health and a water fast isn't really that healthy... best of luck to you, but really, slow and steady wins the race. Part of gaining health or losing weight is about creating sustainable habits. Water fasting, unless prescribed by your health care provider, is not sustainable.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Seriously, if I read something that in my opinion was silly I would just ignore the post and move on to a different one that I find interesting, full of sense and relevant to me.
    Why would you stop by and write your thoughts on something you find dangerous, silly, stupid and so on?

Because some people do not want others to hurt themselves.......
    Because some people actually care and would hope to see healthy approaches to weight loss and relationships with food.....
    Because some people care.....

ETA: it sounds like your mind is made up, but it never hurts to try and to hope that others will listen.... Good luck op
  • Seriously, if I read something that in my opinion was silly I would just ignore the post and move on to a different one that I find interesting, full of sense and relevant to me.

Because some people do not want others to hurt themselves.......
    Because some people actually care and would hope to see healthy approaches to weight loss and relationships with food.....
    Because some people care.....

ETA: it sounds like your mind is made up, but it never hurts to try and to hope that others will listen.... Good luck op

I see that and it is touching to realise how much support you can get in this community.
    Thank you, I'm not so dumb not to appreciate your comments :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    You'll lose a lot of muscle in 20 days with no food, which means you'll have a higher body fat percentage when you reach your goal weight than you would have had if you had just stuck to a moderate deficit and added resistance training.

I also suspect this is going to make any issues you have with food worse and not better. The time you spend losing weight is training for your life when you're in maintenance. You'll eat more calories, but the habits and attitudes you take toward weight loss are going to impact how well you're able to maintain when you reach your goal weight. It's your body and your decision of course.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    *cough* Foget the fact that drastic weight loss/starvation diets are against MFP regulations. Just saying....IN BEFORE THE LOCK! WOO HOO!
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    You'll lose a lot of muscle in 20 days with no food, which means you'll have a higher body fat percentage when you reach your goal weight than you would have had if you had just stuck to a moderate deficit and added resistance training.

^This is an important point.
This discussion has been closed.