WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    Heather my son's estate was small and I had access to his pass words and account and it was still a process. You need this info from DH because he could become incapcitated from an accident too. His accounts do not forgive late payments. If you approach him that way it might help it could cost him a great deal of money if there is no one to take over his bills. Here is you miss a payment it is at least a $30 late fee and then they charge interest to add insult to injurry.

I constantly up date our info with having those who survive us in mind. It will be bad enough even with all the info. Every acoount you deal with has a different process and the wait times to get help can be long. I learned to have my computer handy so I could get my computer work done and or I put on the speaker phone so I could get dishes and/or light housework done during the process.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Heather: Have fun choosing your paint colors. Color makes a big difference in my moods. My bedroom today is a warm blue with white trim. :smiley:

Lisa: I love quilts but have never tried to make one. I hope you have a great time and eventually show us a photo. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: I love the quote of the day today. :star:

We have replaced our old coffee pot and will be donating it to the Senior Center’s thrift shop today. The reason for the change is that the one being donated has a display screen that is hard for DH to see. The new one has an easy to see and much brighter screen.

Katla in sunny NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Heather your like me..luckly 2 weeks before my dad passed he did sign a advanced directive saying no life saving measures.. that saved us when i got to his house and was filled with paramedics, i handed them the paper and they stopped..
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,027 Member
    Steven said when he got his second shot he wanted to date other people. He felt we were sliding into being just friends anyway. And he was right, but I wanted to see if things got hotter when I could see him again. Now I'm back on the dating site, feeling more picky. I just told a new guy that it would be another four weeks before I could meet offline.

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,435 Member
    Momma and her three chilling in the back area.😁💖👍
    64o18ffpzz65.jpg
    kkbealq0wxrz.jpg
    4qsbfyyo5p57.jpg
    qrifd6niguaa.jpg
    Some animal fun pics!
    Awoke with vertigo swirls. It takes some time until I can move around with upsetting my stomach.😔

Today its making pinto bean soup.
    💖Rebecca
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    :)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,931 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    We bought a new coffee pot yesterday because the old one wore out. DH set the new one up and it made good coffee. <3

I bought a big 32cup percolator coffee pot at a garage sale a few years ago- We needed it for our gourd and craft festival. I needed to try it before taking it up to make sure it worked(I think I paid $5 for it or something). I was so surprised at how good the coffee was. I didn't think the pot would make that much difference. After liking it so much, found a second one at another sale and took it up and left it up for the festival(which we haven't been able to have the past year and wont this year) but kept the other one for us. I don't use it too often but I will make a half pot or more and have for iced coffee. I am not much of a coffee drinker , prefer tea most of the time, but that makes really good coffee. Think I should pull it out and make a big pot again.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,780 Member
    Karen--Love the story over the old toys. He sounds so much like my son.

Lisa--It is going to be beautiful quilt.

Rebecca--Thanks for sharing the pictures of the animals.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND ,NE
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    i feel like physically angry.

not really so much angry about a thing. (though i can find subjects)

more anxiety, but i feel like the physical feeling is stronger than the thoughts or emotions.

Can you exercise hard ... really brisk walk or fast ride on your exercise bike? Those things help me.

Listening to loud music can help too.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Allie - I'm happy with the will situation, but Alzeimers or brain injury is the real problem. If he was totally ga ga for years? .?
    He can't even imagine such a situation. I can.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I don't have to imagine such a situation.

The first few months after my husband's accident I had no end of difficulty getting into his accounts and things.

He never wrote down a password ... said he had a good memory and wouldn't forget them. And then he lost his memory.

M in Oz
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member

Worked today so no formal exercise. Soup kitchen tomorrow and plan to do a DVD for the bosu

Home from work then Vince needed to go to WalMart so I went with him and then to the Hallmark store, he needed to add some things to the Wish List.

Barbara – one of the things I like about my dentist is that he has the attitude of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. 14,000 steps so far today, but I honestly don’t expect much more

Lisa – lovely quilt. That’s about the only craft that I hate to do, quilting. But I so admire people who make a quilt

Anne DE – good for you getting back on the dating pool. Something real good will come along, I just know it

Rebecca – do you take anything for your stomach?

Debbie CA – I have two 25 cup (or there abouts) coffee pots. Where do you get your filters?

Michele NC
  • plaintap
    plaintap Posts: 5 Member
    Good eve. I agree about the directives being needed when we end up unable to tell Dr & hospital workers what we want. So thankful we had that taken care of at least 10 yrs ago.MIL had nothing done & her kids were of like mind ..........she only had her home.All worked out,but was a huge wake up call for us.Anyway,we have copies,as does the hospital & both DDs.

Had to buy a new kitchen range yesterday. Went to Lowe’s,waited at least an hr on a clerk who would be right with us,only to be told they can’t order anything right now,as factory wasn’t accepting orders for anything. Why not put a sign up in that DEPT “no appliance orders”? Too easy I guess.
    Went on to HD & bought a plain range in white with self cleaning oven. It will be delivered,hooked up & old one will be carted off. Was a long day!

Every thing takes ages,even gettting it all on computer,then making copies for all concerned.Enough,sometimes I bore myself!

DH has heart Dr check up tomorrow.They will check his Cartoid artery,among other things. I need to go with him,in case he’s worn out. We live just 6 blocks from the hosp,but will be there if he doesn’t feel like driving.

As usual,by the time I’m done,don’t recall those I meant to reply to. Might do better next time. Pat C OHIO

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,931 Member
    exermom wrote: »

Worked today so no formal exercise. Soup kitchen tomorrow and plan to do a DVD for the bosu

Home from work then Vince needed to go to WalMart so I went with him and then to the Hallmark store, he needed to add some things to the Wish List.

Barbara – one of the things I like about my dentist is that he has the attitude of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. 14,000 steps so far today, but I honestly don’t expect much more

Lisa – lovely quilt. That’s about the only craft that I hate to do, quilting. But I so admire people who make a quilt

Anne DE – good for you getting back on the dating pool. Something real good will come along, I just know it

Debbie CA – I have two 25 cup (or there abouts) coffee pots. Where do you get your filters?

Michele NC

I don't use filters in this one- it is just metal with tiny wholes in it.- just rinse it after I dump the used grounds.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,435 Member
    exermom wrote: »

Michele NC

Just tums, or Pepto bismo, if its an upset stomach. Regarding vertigo, the doctors prescribe meds that are nothing more than Dramamine.
    💖Rebecca
  • Machka9
    I'm waiting for a number of things.

However, rather than thinking "When???" I'm trying to think "One day closer to finding out"

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    :lol:

nv1f2ilegu66.png