WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,721 Member
    Machka ... praying ...
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    (((Machka))): Waiting for test results is stressful in my experience. Sending good thoughts both you & your DH. :flowerforyou:

Meg: It is so good to see you again. It appears that you have plenty to keep you busy. !.44 FTE is a heavy load. It is good that your DH will be able to pick up your grocery orders. :star:

We woke up to hot coffee in our new coffeemaker. It was delicious but and more zingy than we’ve been used to drinking. The old coffee maker had become problematic. We’re debating donating the old pot to the senior center thrift store. The other option is to drop it off at the recycle center. I’m leaning toward the recycle center. DH is on the fence.

Katla in Sunny NW Oregon
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,959 Member
    (((hugs to you Machka and DH))) Hope all turns out well.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    Machka - Oh my, good news, but still troubling as there is not an answer. Sleep well.

Kim in N. California
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,637 Member
    Thank goodness Machka,you guys get some rest xoxo
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    Matchka- glad you finally got to go home. Hope things turn out well.

Meg- good to see you again. Wow you have a heavy work load there.

Penny - loved the paddock for the horses.

DGD was here last night. It was good to see her. Haven't seen her since Christmas. She picked out some yarn colors and I have started an Afghan for her. She has been diagnosed with PCOS and is having a really hard time with her weight but she has started swimming again and I hope that will help some. She is also teaching swim lessons and really enjoying it especially the littles as she calls them, 3 and 4 year olds.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Machka. - So sorry you & your husband are going through this.

Michele. - The toys came out of the dishwasher good as new.

Karen in Virginia
  • CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    3 am and he's gone for a CT scan for aortic aneurysm. Possibly.

5 am ... still here. I've been up 21 hours now.

Hoping the results come soon.

I hope everything is ok. Please take care of yourself, as well. 😍
  • Katla49
    (((Beth near Buffalo))): I am so sorry for your loss. :broken_heart::heart:

Machka: Sending good thoughts for your DH. More than 21 hours waiting for news is stressful. I hope the CT scan gives you good results. :star:

One of our grandchildren is currently in the hospital for tests. We are waiting anxiously and hoping for positive news. Our son and daughter in law are with him. I don’t expect to hear anything for a while.

Katla
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    What good news M!! At least you know what it's NOT. But waiting for a definite answer can also be very unnerving. Be sure to be good to yourself, too.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 48min 40sec, 2.78ap, 86ahr, 117mhr, 5.44mi= 564c
    Strava app = 660c
    Walk get nails done- 15.44min, .82mi= 63c

Total cal 627
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    <3Machka, What an ordeal for you and your husband. I hope you are both getting some much needed sleep.

:) Somehow my nicely choreographed day got overfilled so now I am enjoying a much needed rest at the computer to visit with all of you.

:) Our grocery store intends to continue curbside pickup even when people are feeling safer going into stores.. We plan to continue. We like it better than going into the store.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • CSSJ09
    bwcetc wrote: »
    My son did not have a will and while his estate is very small ... we have to go through surrogates court for my husband to be named the natural guardian of his estate. And, of course, nothing is moving fast in the courts due to Covid. Each morning I get on the computer and open up my son's banking accounts to make certain something hasn't slipped past us and been debited from his account. Such a pain, but by doing so, I have been able to reverse several charges that should not be occurring now that he is deceased.

It was a hard week for my husband, son and I. We're all down. Cold, rainy weather isn't helping.

Barbie .... spiritual growth experience when allowing husband to share your computer ... :D

Beth near Buffalo

Beth please accept my condolences. This must be so hard for you. Please take some time for yourself to grieve and remember.
    CJ
  • CSSJ09
    Everyone My DGD had another surgery today drains removed. Did not put window in heart. Still coming up as is another LP.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    Thinking of all of you who are going through trials of love. Husbands, children, grandchildren, and all those who are close to us. I sometimes think it is easier to be the one suffering than to be the one who loves. Not knowing is the worst.

I've woken up early, which is why I'm writing to you. But I'm glad to be feeling that I'm over the worst of the post-jab lurgy. DH didn't have any reaction, apart from a slightly sore arm, either time. I felt fluey last time, and yesterday slightly more so, and needed to take painkillers. This morning, apart from waking up early, I feel much better.
    Hooray!
    Next week I may venture into town and enter a shop, suitably masked. I need pyjama bottoms. My efforts to buy online were not a huge success.

Still working on my LPA and information sheet. I'm at the point where I need to print the LPA off and send it out to be signed by all the various parties. It has to be done in the right order. Then it has to be sent off to the authorities.
    I haven't decided about the health directive, but will look into it. I will write down my wishes on my info sheet. I might have to make one because DH is not really able to make those kinds of decisions. But I don't know who to choose.

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, return Thrivent call re: beneficiaries, forecast expenses through June, emailed Interpath to confirm new codes and no payment required, email Nick refi decision, request for adding Joe to safe deposit box contract and living trust info, locksmith ordered key blanks.
    Bonus: video chat with R, email NK, called CC for missing statement, due date May 4, called TRowePrice about RMD,
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, Shadow to dog group, find those torture bands, budget meeting notes, board meeting minutes, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers), Monday: call Jeanette at Chetco about what codes were used for my annual labs, Tuesday: county planning office neighbor’s plans, Friday: locksmith for mailbox key.
    Active April:
    16: Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing!): or know how your voice sounds. Will sing along with Mama Mia and hope I don’t wake Joe ;)
    17: Go exploring around your local area and notice new things: will do on beach stroll with T Sat am.
    Called Care Credit for missing statement. Automated system fed to a promotion where poor girl could not deviate from script. Hung up, called same number, all options fed to one promotion or another. Found another number, on hold for 15 mins call dropped. Called again, this time after 20 mins got to a real person who advised the statement in question was only generated 4/11 and will take 7-10 biz days to arrive at which time payment will be due May 4. Feel they’re forcing me to e-statements. Grr.
    Spent most of the day on phone, barely got dogs down the drive, steps down, lovely dinner with C, CI way over CO.

Machka joining the prayer brigade for your DH and you. Inconclusive tests are troubling. Hope you both rest well this weekend and his GP will see him immediately.
    Penny avalanche evacuated neighborhoods: seems like no matter where you live it’s something, hurricanes, wildfire, earthquakes, tornadoes, floods, but avalanches, that’s new to me.
    Karen :love: Olivia :heart: :heart: :heart: a starry unicorn shirt for a miracle baby all grown up :heart: :love:
    Lisa “ten aways” :laugh:
    Allie and CJ when my iphone started failing to charge a new battery solved the problem for about two years. Then I got a new phone. Prayers for CJ's DGD’s healthcare team, her family and her complete recovery.
    Rebecca love your perspective on thankful deer :laugh:
    Meg hoping this weekend is restful and restorative, that is quite a workload.
    KJ what are you building?
    Barbie not being able to help Jake with his new Apple might be a good thing… ;)
    Pip aha! So that’s where my sea otters were this morning. They sure weren’t in their normal playground. https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/animals/live-cams/sea-otter-cam
    Katla praying your grandhild’s tests discover the issue is quickly and easily cured.
    Welcome @yellowsnowdrop. Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?
    Michele do you have pill pockets for Bonnie’s chemo?
    Beth ((hugs))

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    April: leaner/stronger/kinder than March.
    daily: sit with Joe: 16, weigh/wii: 16/0/0; steps>5627=2358 :P , vits=16, log=16, CI<CO=14, CI<250<CO=13, Tumble=20, Shadow=20, mfp=16, outside=21 up hill=21
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=2 dance=1, clean 30 mins=6.33, packwalk=6, wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/4:140.3 :grin: 4/11: 140.9 4/18: 4/25:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=1, 21 plan= bonus: AF=11 play= sew= waist=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW