WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,807 Member
    43cd543wezrg.png

Singing ... I sing because I know lyrics and it just comes out ... but not when people are around.

M in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,810 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,188 Member
    I wish I could write songs, words and music. The words part is fine, but I haven't a clue about music.
    I think to have written a memorable song is one of the greatest gifts one can give to humanity.

Think I might run after breakfast. Weather chilly, but sunny. It will be very busy on the seafront later, I'm sure, so an early start is a good idea. I don't write on Sundays, so getting my day out of sync doesn't matter. I will do a bit of rowing when I get back. Then just relax until lunchtime. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    Not yet posted Apr pg 48 me
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Shadow to dog group.
    Bonus: long beach walk with T, typed dog group contacts and emailed to leaders.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, find those torture bands, budget meeting notes, board meeting minutes, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers), Monday: call Jeanette at Chetco about what codes were used for my annual labs, Tuesday: county planning office neighbor’s plans, Friday: locksmith for mailbox key.
    Active April:
    17: Go exploring around your local area and notice new things: found my first beach glass on beach stroll with T.
    18: Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today: maybe dance and stretch, but will be a challenge as today is first time back to in person church and council meeting in over a year.

Forgot to pick up my rx and library books last week. Will take bone pill today instead. Two really good walks today for 12K+ steps for the first time in forever. Looking forward to first time in person church and council tomorrow. Too pooped tonight to do more than skim.
    Machka sleeping safe at home :heart:
    Heather, do you have room in your freezer for a small foil wrapped packet (password journal) marked “FISH” ? as for paint colors, I had one bedroom painted lavender, and it was the most amazing paint. As the light changed throughout the day sometimes it looked pink, sometimes lavender, sometimes blue and even a silvery gray. Wish I could remember the brand and name…
    Karen loved the adding machine tape/safe combination story. Would today’s thieves even recognize adding machine tape? :laugh:
    Katla I’m with you on recycling the leaky coffee pot.
    Tracey so glad to see your smiling face, I was getting worried. Hope you get a day off soon to enjoy that well deserved Spa gift. Let your grandson know that brilliant invention was a pain in the tuchas, one I cut my fingers on more than once when hand slipped off the lever.
    Carol prayers for your DH’s successful surgery, quick and complete recovery.
    Michele, have you explained your preference for on line Mah Jongg to the other players? Maybe they’d be willing to alternate online with in-person and you, or the mountain dwelling gal could alternate sitting out the in-person games? Oops, I see Machka already thought of that.
    Margaret wise words on respect being what comes first for successful learning.
    Allie prayers your surgery Monday brings you relief.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    April: leaner/stronger/kinder than March.
    daily: sit with Joe: 17, weigh/wii: 17/0/0; steps>5627=12694 wow! , vits=17, log=17, CI<CO=14, CI<250<CO=13, Tumble=20, Shadow=21, mfp=17, outside=23 up hill=23
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=2 dance=1, clean 30 mins=6.33, packwalk=7, wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/4:140.3 :grin: 4/11: 140.9 4/18: 4/25:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=1, 21 plan= bonus: AF=11 play= sew= waist=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    o:)
  • Machka9
    Cycling casually ... because exercise is important.

qmby47ro82lc.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited April 2021
    Went for my run. Lovely sunny morning. There were people in the sea, even though the temperature is only 47°F. :o
    I listened to the radio on the Sounds app as Paddy O'Connell is one of my fantasy dinner party guests and he presents BH at 9 am on Sundays.
    Here's a question - WHO WOULD YOU INVITE TO A FANTASY DINNER PARTY? (Living or dead) You don't have to actually cook it yourself. :D

Completed my 600 morning burn with a 25 min row.

This morning I ordered a pizza to share from our local takeaway, Pizzaface. It's just around the corner. Very good, authentic quality, but not wood fired. Their Funghi (mushroom) is excellent. Truffle oil. I will make a nice, garlicky green salad.
    Pick up at 5.45.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Where I often walk at lunch ...

iln72gpoe7h6.png

And more ... lots of photos of this area ...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/

Machka in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    Busy busy! Page 40!
    CJ- Loving putting together our Kentucky getaway. Brought down real mattresses for us yesterday. What a difference a good mattress makes! Slept like a baby! My family is actually from Alabama. My husband's father bought the farm as a getaway for the family. When he passed in 1997. Steve and I started taking care of it. Around 2001, my MIL hooked up with a guy and they would come down during the week, while we came down on weekends. The remodeling on house began in 2002 by W. By 2007, the destruction of the farm being our happy place was complete. W got rid of all the animals and the house was a mess with remodeling. We quit going down. I hadn't been down but once between 2007 and 2020. MIL passed away last May. We finally got W out about 6 weeks ago. Time to make it ours! My screen name is a combination of my first and middle names- Kylia Marai.
    Rebecca- Love the nudist day cartoon! I tend to be naked at home lots!
    Lisa- Sugar is not my friend either. Too much yeast production.
    Moving on to next page

Kylia waking up to birds singing in Kentucky
  • kymarai
    Page 41
    Machka- Sounds like my sister in law with our program at work. She didn't want my input even though I am the one who is the main user! Rrrrrr! I am making it work.
    Penny HI!
    Barbara I love Signed, Sesled, Delivered! The acting sucks, but it is a feel good for sure!
    Heather UK I agree with you! Steve doesn't understand. His sister has my medical POA and living will. Steve takes forever to make decisions and dont want that to fall on my daughters. It has been discussed with all! I also wish we had assistance available for terminal illness.when my girls were young my first husband and I had wills for caring for them. Past time to redo it especially since I have remarried. Steve would NOT be happy if my ex got my half of things! Thank you ALL for the tips! Probably wont get finalized until after MIL estate finalized, but no reason I can't start. I have never owned anything like I do now. Also caring for my husband and all household stuffs probably need to get that written down.
    Julie I get it! HUGS!
    Lisa love the quilt!

Kylia
  • kymarai
    Pat in Ohio You have had a lot going on! Hugs!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Morning ladies
    Today is my moms 87 heavenly birthday ,how I miss her so..
    Made myself a cup of tea and will.throw a load of laundry in the wash..
    Spoke with my brother this morning ,and he will take me.down in the morning for the surgery.
    The new battery worked for my laptop.yeahhhh
    Im sure ill take a small nap this morning
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,352 Member
    edited April 2021
    Machka
    So pleased that the worst fears weren't realized, hope there's some answer soon.

Just as well we've planted very little outside except the hardy little roses and the redbud tree, as we hit the freezing mark last night again. Only a little below it, so not a hard freeze, just not quite yet time to be planting. The little seedlings that we've indoor planted are growing like mad in the meantime. The cucumbers are already two inches high, and the broccoli and mustard were the first ones out the gate and more than two inches tall. Already had to move those to six-inch pots, as it will be another week before we plant, if not two. The larger pots and time and attention will let them develop good root systems anyway. Today we'll need to move all three types of tomatoes into the larger pots. The potatoes, corn and beans will go directly into the ground once it's warmer. Corey's growing veggies and I'm working on herbs... My dehydrator should be here in a couple weeks, and Corey wants to try to make jerky as well. Should be interesting.

Regarding the quilt, am still working on the framing pieces around the center star. Each of the eight long strips must be sandwiched with batting, double-checked to make sure that I've gotten the right front and back for each one, and once that's all done will begin quilting them. If I were cooking, I'd be just past the mise en place stage now and beginning the combining of the ingredients, making sure to cook them in the right order. I realized last night that I hate cooking and love baking because I genuinely do despise the texture and taste of most main ingredients for savory dishes, so I can only cook by smell. There are very few things that are baked that aren't seriously yummy, though.

Not feeling well most of the day yesterday, but better today. Hope everyone has or had a lovely, lazy Sunday.

Later,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • cityjaneLondon
    Kylia - In the UK remarriage revokes all previous wills. Good idea to make a new one anyway. We have mirror wills.

Barbara- I like your suggestion. Or even in the fridge. ;)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kymarai
    Faetta LOL!
    Lisa With desk tops, there is an adapter you can get to make them wireless. We used one on the second computer at work for years. It plugs into a USB port. Also had to use at home as we used hot spots for internet for years.
    I love seeing/hearing about different areas of this world and cultures. I always dreamed of traveling....
  • cityjaneLondon
    Another person i want at my fantasy dinner party is the 14th Dalai Lama. He would keep me giggling. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    I have been using instacart for my shopping
    It is a Godsend
  • kymarai
    Wow!
    All caught up! Time to cook breakfast. Then Steve will go work in barn while I do work paperwork. I so need to get caught up!
    Machka- Prayers continue!
    Prayers for all with health issues in their families. So scary when dealing with the unknowns.
    HeatherUK- I dont know if that is true in states or not. Still will get new one made hopefully sooner than later!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    :)Heather, I don't make conversation easily so having my favorites at a dinner party wouldn't be a happy occasion for me. That's why I listen to podcasts. I can hear conversations that include my favorite people, but I don't have the responsibility of figuring out what to say.

:)Allie, so glad to hear that your computer is working again.

:)Lisa, I admire your quilt making skills.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member