• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🌥️🙂💙💛❤️
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,678 Member
    Machka- please let us know the outcone.. you dont need anymore on your plate..
    I ordered the battery.. less than 20.00 so here is hoping that fixes the situation..
    Have both the boys here with me again and Homer sleeping alot which is good the more he sleeps the better his surgery scar will heal..
    I actually slept pretty well last night ,even though i wake up and go to the restroom i was able to fall back asleep..
    My friends Mary and Zina coming for dinner tonight for a visit..
    I have a sink full of dishes to do,vaccum and clean the bathroom .Dan stayed over last night and slept on the couch and left stuff everywhere.. i got that all cleaned up and got his bag ready to go..
    Here is hoping i dont get soaked doing dishes
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Re vaccinations: DH and I have had two Pfizer vaccinations. I’ve seen a possibility in the news that Pfizer may be adding a third vaccination. If that turns out to be true, we will get that one, too. For now, we are waiting to see what happens next. :star:

CJ & Rebecca: Deer live inside our city. I saw one grazing next to the road on my way to the store yesterday morning. Last year they repeatedly ate my bean plants, to my extreme frustration. I decided NOT to plant beans this year. I can buy packages of frozen beans with no stress or frustration. DH is encouraging me to get some cherry tomato plants and I’m thinking about it. Our blueberry plants are a bit over grown and I need to do some pruning that I should have done last fall. :embarassed:

Machka: Looking at your comfort zone graph, I think I’m in the Learning Zone. The Growth Zone looks like it may be in my future but I’m not ready to be there yet. I’m working on learning to deal with current challenges. :flowerforyou:

Penny: I am happy to see you posting again. You live in a remarkable place. It is beautiful and challenging. I can see that worry about avalanches is more concerning than visits from bears. :heart:

Barbara: Container ships go past our home on their way to Portland and Vancouver, WA. The upriver dams operate to insure a passable channel to PDX and Vancouver, WA. We saw dredging a couple of years ago to keep the main channel passable. I don’t know whether there will be dredging again any time soon. :star:

Allie: I hope your laptop is up and running soon. :flowerforyou:

Faetta: DH is hairy and does not go outside bare chested. Rarely do our male neighbors, either. Sunburn is not pleasant. It hasn’t been that warm outside so far this season and it is generally breezy year around. If we have a hot spell that may change for some, but I will be surprised to see anyone over 30 go shirtless. :noway:

Barbie: We have apple computers and have used Microsoft software in the past. DH’s new computer is using Apple software. He is happy with it. My laptop is old, 2009, and still chugging along with the software we bought long ago. I do not use mine for accounting. :noway:

Machka: I hope your DH’s test results are good. :heart:

I don’t have any pressing items on my to-do list so far as I know. I hope for a good day.

Katla
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,439 Member
    CSSJ09 wrote: »
    Heather I thought that I had the password issue covered. However, today, I got a notice that the gas payment did not go through because the card was no longer valid and to log on to account. Well, it is still in husband's name although the emails and bill notices go to me electronically. It is billed directly to my credit card which just changed. I tried to log on and no luck. I do not have the password. I sent a message to customer service and hope I hear back soon before getting a credit report notice. This might be an example for your husband.

Allie I sympathize. My phone is refusing to charge with any of the chargers in the house and will only charge on the USB port on the computer. The phone is old ( 3 years or so) and I don't want to have to pay for a new one, much less learn how to use it. However, I and colleague may be getting an Apple phone from work since they are more secure. However, I dread having to switch from Android. So I would have 2 phones. I wonder how getting emails works. Microsoft runs everything at work.

Rebecca Whidbey Island looks positively idyllic. On a whim, I looked up houses for sale and gasped at the prices. OMG

As I tell a friend who has a house on a Greek Island overlooking the water in a small fishing village, paradise takes work. The house is very modest and is part of a family compound. All the siblings built homes attached to each other and the entire compound is surrounded by a whitewashed stone wall topped with tiles. The family home in Athens contains apartments built story by story for each of the children - the first was a dowery house for the daughter, and then the sons added their levels. Typical in the Balkans and Greece is the southernmost Balkan country. Many women today, still bring homes to a marriage.

[bSue][/b] Evelyn Barbara Barbiecat Katla I have always wanted to have a holiday in the northwest coast and Vancouver. The snatches that I have seen (Seattle and Portland, Vancouver, Spokane) was quite enticing albeit not reflective of the true beauty of the region. I do remember having breakfast at a hotel located directly on the water in Vancouver and looking across the water to magnificent scenery. Every time I flew to Portland, I swore that I would return for pleasure. Unfortunately, my mother, who moved there late after retirement, died and I have never had a reason to visit again.

Penny The masked sun is so clever. What a perceptive youngster. Hurrah to the artist. You live in another place I wish to visit someday.

Bananas Bravo! for all the laundry and ironing. If you like, I can send you my summer cottons to iron. ;)

Everyone Stay safe and on the path to your goals.

CJ

They are expensive huh!? These are vacation prices for the people that live on the mainland. Rentals are a bit over $1 per ft, for the newer houses. We have an older home and pay $1950 for 2368 sq ft. So its $1000 for us, and $950 for son a month. He pays electricity and water, and we pay internet and propane. Plus buy groceries. He takes us out to dinner a couple times a month. So it all works out.👍
    Its hard to find housing here, because all the cheaper places are taken up by the many Navy squadron families stationed here.💖👍⚓

I had deer right when we moved here, at another rental home. The owners had planted roses all around a glass pained outdoor patio room. So it was like a fast food joint for them. They did leave one yellow rose to grow high and bloom gloriously! It was probably just not in their line of vision. So I enjoyed it for a couple days then when they were all out sunning, (there was about 10), I announced to them thru the screen door. "I have enjoyed the rose, its yours for the eating"! I checked back, and sure enough it was munched, but they left one petal hanging. Like a thank you.💖. At least that's how I perceived it.

Hugs
    Rebecca
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    Machka - Thinking of you. You and your husband are my example of why we should get our affairs in order. <3

Haven't done a lot today apart from morning exercise and editing. After exercise I started to feel post-jabby, so I've been taking it easy and had a half hour nap. I did Zoom with my girlfriends with the laptop for the first time. Some of you may remember how I used to hate my laptop. Normally I Zoom on my tablet. It took a bit of doing and clicking various buttons for defaults etc, but I was only a few minutes late in the end. I will need to use my laptop for Singing Zoom next week as DH will be out and we are too many for the tablet to cope with. I thought it was better to practise with my three friends instead of 35 acquaintances!

Cauliflower rice tonight as a base for my homemade meatballs and tomato sauce. Friday night is wine night.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    B)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    Machka sending good thoughts!

Kim in N. California
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,781 Member
    Machka--sending hugs and prayers for you and DH.

Thank goodness it is Friday, I am so ready for the weekend and 2 days off. It has been an busy week and something going on the last 3 evenings and tonight so be after 9 when we get home.

It is raining here today and sounds like we could get some snow tonight and then Sunday be in the 60's so won't last long. I did tell DH since we are both off tomorrow and the weather is going to be nasty we are going to pull everything in the living and dinning room away from the walls and clean the baseboards. It has been way to long since we have done that. End of May we will be in our house 18 years. Longest I have lived in one place.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Hi everyone. It's kind of cool and misty here today. Makes me want to sleep, like I need an excuse! I'm trying to stay focused and work here, but my two new kitties are making it difficult! They just woke up from a nap.

Lisa: I just had to laugh out loud at your rant. I'm in the same camp as you!

I'll be glad when this semester is over. I discovered I had several things added to my official workload so I was working the equivalent of 1.44 FTE, or 1 1/4 people, and half of it has been in this semester. No wonder I've been crazy.

DH is at his 12 step group then will pick up the grocery order from the first store, then head to the 2nd store a little later for that order. I sure do like this; I hope stores don't stop the online ordering when the pandemic is "over".

Take care Meg from Omaha
  • yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    You're both in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping all works out for you both x
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,678 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    Rainy today waiting to pick up Dan ,ugh i live in a place you need a fob to get in and i get outside wjth 2 dogs on leashes and a handful of stuff and realize i forgot my keys,so rang up Trudy and bless her heart she opened the door for me,so i drag the dogs back in to get the keys and Homer decides he needs to poop in the hallway ugh... thank goodness i had a poop bag in my coat pocket...
    They are back at Toms and will drop Dan off and go home.. maybe do a bit of vacuuming.
    Machka- will be praying for your DH and stay strong and know we are all in your pocket.. keep us in the loop .
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,332 Member
    Did a DVD for the bosu today. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise.

Heather – I keep a notebook with all my passwords. Of course, the passwords are for things like cooking sites, exercise site, nothing real important.

Karen – the heat of the dishwasher doesn’t affect the toys?

Regarding COVID changing things – Food Lion is not giving out any more rain checks? Know why? Because of COVID. They don’t know when it’ll be in the warehouse. Does it really matter? Even if it never gets to the warehouse, what difference does it make if you give a rain check or not? I’ve seen other stores doing this, too. The Salvation Army is now opening later in the morning and closing earlier in the evening.

Right now it’s a bit chilly. I hope it warms up because I would like to clean the grates for the oven later today after the soup kitchen. Update: it hasn't warmed up so I'll save that for another day when it's warmer.

Allie – will you have to install the battery yourself or are you going to take it somewhere. A friend of ours needed a new batter so she came to Vince hoping that he could change it. He looked at a uTube video of how to do it, and it was just crazy. Some computers it’s no problem. But this one was ridiculous. I think she finally took it to Best Buy and they changed it for her.

I usually try to respond to an email as soon as I get it otherwise, I usually will forget it

Lisa – I remember when my aunt used to do a lot of quilting (mostly hand quilting), she would put a drop of glycerin on her hands. I guess this helped so that she could hold the material better. Being able to take anything as a business expense on your taxes is always a good feeling

Regarding husband’s changing their hygiene habits: I know this isn’t the same thing, but poor, poor Lexi. She used to be so very very meticulous. When she went to the litter box, after she got done burying, you would never know she was in there. Here’s a picture of when we first got her with the bandage for the dislocated hip.yf8cvfgzp3pi.jpg
    With all the adhesive, we thought for sure we’d have to give her a bath. We were sure one way that she was abused was by keeping her under water because she was very terrified of water. Do you know that we didn’t have to give her one bath? She got all the adhesive off by herself, and that must have been a big job. Right now you can see how her coat sometime has mats, she’ll poop not only in the litter box but in the mudroom (where the box is located) and on one of the cat trees, her fur isn’t well maintained at all.

Finished cleaning the windows in the house. I do want to wash the curtains in the sunroom but I need Vince to get them down. Next year I’ll wash the curtains in our room. Gave Bonnie the first dose of her chemo med. Boy, did she ever put up a fight! I bet the pill tastes horrible so I suggested to Vince that if we need to give it to her again, maybe after we give it to her we should give her some gravy, just to get that taste out of her mouth

M – sending good thoughts. How much more can you take???? (((HUG)))

Michele NC
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,355 Member
    Machka, Many good thoughts circling the globe for your both... thank you for keeping us posted.

Lisa