WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,605 Member
    Options
    Good Wednesday,
    Healing thoughts and lots of love to ALL!
    mmswirdz9wgz.jpg
    New couch and loveseat were picked up last night. Love them in the room. Old , gently used set going to Kentucky next trip.
    Brother and SIL coming for a short visit tomorrow. Picking up a new mower for a friend. Too bad I have to work Friday and half of Saturday. :'( will enjoy the time with them though! Kentucky will have to wait another weekend unless they leave early Sunday. Will wait and see. Also my new bed frame for Kentucky came in. Yay!
    Wore sweater and long sleeves yesterday. Woke up to 4" of snow on surfaces this morning! It is April in Ohio! Long johns today.
    Gotta get some work done...
    😍
    Kylia in wintery Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Finally turned the tv off at midnight and was able to go back to sleep and slept until 6 so that was pretty good.. will go over after 10 to get the boys outside and we are supposed to get some severe weather about the time i go to pick Dan up oh well.. again other than that ill be resting and relaxing..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Here we go again ...

il3wafn66xq0.png
    https://www.windy.com/?-49.182,151.436,4,i:pressure

Today at lunch I purchased a lightweight short trench coat. I have some heavier coats, but I am so warm these days and although the buses have been slightly cooler since I had a word with them about the exceptionally hot temps I was recording, they can still be quite warm. So I have been looking for something lightweight, comfortable and a nice colour. Just about everything out there is beige. So much beige. And if there is a colour I look awful in, it's beige.

And then today, I was aimlessly wandering at lunch and spotted this!!! If you go to the link and happen to glance at the price, it's on sale plus I got it for 25% off that! :)

6u3ukb1uhom2.png
    https://www.forevernew.com.au/brooklyn-curve-cropped-trench-267007?colour=deep-indigo

When I got home from work, I figured it was time to go through my jackets and coats. I have a long black trench coat much like the one above ... I guess I've got a favourite style. But it is more formal and I wore it back in the days when we went to the symphony. I probably wouldn't wear it to work. Anyway, now I've got an idea of what fits and what doesn't and what's comfortable for this upcoming winter. See, last winter, I worked from home for almost all of it so it's been about 2 years since I've had a good look at my winter outerwear.

Then I put away a load of laundry, washed and hung another load, and did some research for my husband's situation while watching Lego Masters and Midsommer Murders.

And now finally I'm sort of relaxing, right at the end of Midsommer Murders.

M in Oz
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Machka- I adore trench style coats! The one above is very cute! Good deal, too!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    There's a word for what I'm doing!

sd4u80irxy90.png
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    My new printer arrived today and the xl inks arrived shortly afterwards. I'm not going to set it up today as I'm knackered from only 2 hours sleep last night.

I will have a good, long look and read when DH is out tomorrow. I think trying to do it together would not be good for the marriage at this point!

DH went to the Amazon returns centre to send back the USB stick. All went well and the guy there scanned everything in for him from the email on his phone. He came back happy.

I have done all my exercises and my editing today, so , duty done, I think a nap is in order.

I have a thin black trench type raincoat that I wear in the summer for looking a bit smarter in the rain.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Morning peeps. 19mph winds last night and still now... the tent stayed up, took it like a champ, I’m impressed. 9nvdbaaw63cc.jpeg
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😊🌞🖐️💛
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Yesterday was not good in some ways, very good in others... spent the vast majority of the morning curled up in my chair, napping, just getting up to go the loo, which was approximately 72 times between 5 a.m. and noon, or at least it felt like that. So much leaving my body at once left me just shaky and feeling horrible. This morning is definitely better on that side.

After I began feeling better, I did some work on the new Amazon service called Kindle Vella where I can take my in-progress novel and start posting it in serial episodes. Am working to get the first seven chapters (episodes) up so that they drop in correct order, and on a regular basis, such as weekly, and am using it to push myself to finish this book that's hung over me now for five years. It's time. The first three episodes will be free to readers, then folks will have to buy Amazon tokens in order to keep reading subsequent ones. Now sure how those are set, or how much they will cost, as this is new to everyone, including Amazon. I've finished posting the first two episodes through their review process, and the third one is in review now. Trying for a drop-date for the first episode of May 1, but that may change.

By MFPs terms of service, I can't and won't post links to it here, but if you are interested, please send me a DM with a good email address, and I'll be happy to send you a message to let you know when the free episodes are up and reachable early next month, and send a link on where to find them. Amazon has designed this new service to make them easy to view on a mobile phone, by Kindle, or by computer, so it should be a reasonably different experience.

I'm just using it to push me to finish the sequel to This Little Pig. I always fulfill my commitments; I just never fully committed to the sequel. Now I am...
    :wink:

My second vaccine is a week from tomorrow, and I'm still going to continue to stay isolated after that. COVID-19 vaccinations are reasonably high in my state, and infections have dropped enormously. More than 30% have been fully vaccinated, and more than half have received at least one shot. By the time I'm getting my shot, I'm hoping to see that number of full vaccinations rising sharply, but I'm OK with staying home to the largest extent anyway.

Dropped down in the mid-20s last night, temperature is rising fast, but still chilly outside. One more nap is calling me...
    :)

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Wow, Lisa, haven't heard of Kindle Vella. Wouldn't work for me, but it sounds perfect for you and your kind of writing. :D You have my email, so, drop me a line when it's up there. <3
    In Victorian times, everyone published in instalments, including Charles Dickens.
    I wonder if they are rolling it out in the US first.

Had a good nap. Puttanesca for dinner with spinach side. Wholegrain spelt spaghetti, my favourite thing!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP
    Bonus: 38 mins vacuuming, 2 loads laundry, changed linens
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, find those torture bands, budget meeting notes, board meeting minutes, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers), Wednesday: Grand Jury-cancelled yay!, county planning office neighbor’s plans, Thursday Shadow and Tumble to Gold Beach shelter for nail trims, Friday: : call Jeanette at Chetco about what codes were used for my annual labs, locksmith for mailbox key.
    Active April:
    20: Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move often: Starting with vacuuming, then laundry, then changing linens, powerline, then, then…
    21: Focus on eating a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today. Hmm, OK if we can include fruit. RO sweet peppers, Y onion, G romaine and arugula, BIV deep purple merlot. :laugh:

CJ ‘Does anyone else remember when businesses switched to plastic in order to save trees?’ yep, it’s complicated. When we lived in the desert a case could be made that the impact of water/power/fuel used to recycle/transport more than offset the benefits. I still rinsed and recycled, but tried to use the rinse water to refresh the garden. Transportation was my career and philosophically I believe that cheap, international transportation has been a contributing factor to the degradation of local environments and economies. Sad.
    Michele, ((hugs))
    Carol, Flea and KJ thank you for sharing the words and insights I couldn’t find.
    Tina “avocado tasting” yum. What you said about iphone photos to windows pc via icloud.
    Meg congrats on taking off almost 3 lbs/week!
    Pip :love: Yogi’s cooling jacket, a must for a black dog in Vegas ;)
    Heather brava not just for getting the picture to Johnny’s pc, but most especially for keeping your temper. Very well done!
    Vicki and Kylia Snow? :noway:
    Machka thanks for explaining “…not be able to obtain it out of email because email accounts are basically "cloud" ... until you save your emails to a file on your phone …” Now it makes sense.
    Annie “sweaty and tired” atta gal!
    Sue in WA owww! After 48 hours of icing, alternating warmth (heating pad) with ice can help flush the blood and reduce the bruise. Topical arnica is said to help but hasn’t helped me. Next I’ll try Bromelian … ;)https://www.webmd.com/first-aid/helping-bruise-heal
    Lisa mid-20’s? Brrr!
    Allie wish your Dr could expedite that sleep study. A month seems like a long time to wait in your situation.

Time to “…spend less time sitting…” today and get those dogs down to the powerline.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    April: leaner/stronger/kinder than March.
    daily: sit with Joe: 20, weigh/wii: 20/0/0; steps>5627=3739, vits=19, log=20, CI<CO=18, CI<250<CO=17, Tumble=21, Shadow=23, mfp=20, outside=25 up hill=25
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=3 dance=1, clean 30 mins=8.33, packwalk=8, wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/4:140.3 :grin: 4/11:140.9 4/18:143.7[sigh] 4/25: 4/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=1, 21 plan= bonus: AF=12 play= sew= waist=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Worked today so got steps in. Since I’m not working tomorrow and I usually worked on Thursdays, I didn’t schedule any exercise but I will.

Speaking of work: today they told me that they were no longer going to have someone cleaning the carts. BUT they asked me “so where would you like to work”. I just said “let’s put it this way, where do you need me?” So as it stand right now I’ll be working on Mondays and Thursdays doing basic cleaning. Is this a job they created for me? I think so. Well, someone did the cleaning (like the coin machine, etc) before so I guess right now I’ll be helping that person out. The disadvantage is that I would like to make more money for my landscaping fund. Also, I probably won't get as many steps in. Well, if I have to wait to get something (like some trees removed), I’ll just wait. The advantage is that during the hot weather I’ll be in the air conditioning. This past winter I, literally, froze since I was by the door. Actually, I like being outside, helping people.

Sue in WA – healing thoughts being sent to you

Kylia – lovely furniture, you have great taste

M – I like the cut of that coat. Good choice

KJ – Denise’s husband is Pete, but that’s OK. Jessica’s bf is colby. Yes, she most likely trying to do it “her” way. The other day I mentioned that when they were small, if someone had offered to babysit for them, I would have been thrilled. So I’ll do for her what I would have liked done for me. She answered me “well, I’m not you”. So, yes, she is trying to do things her way, unfortunately, it seems she wants to take the easy way by not coming to see us or sending me pictures (she does, but about once every few months, and only after I ask repeatedly for them). Pete might be feeling uncomfortable around us. But the only way for him to overcome this is to spend time with us. Again, it’s easier not to deal with us or to deal with us as little as possible. My personal take on this whole issue? I think Vince is trying to come up with reasons why the cats should come first.

I was talking to this lady at work today. Her son will be 2 a few weeks after PJ so I asked her what toys he liked. I mentioned the bubble gun I was thinking of and she mentioned that he had a bubble lawn mower that he loved. So that’s the direction I’m thinking. I looked on Amazon and found a few with the wonderful words of “no batteries required”

They’re calling for cool weather tonight and tomorrow

Allie – so glad it wasn’t something serious

Barbara – arnica never helped me, either

Newcomer bowling tonight!

Michele NC
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: gas, Post Office, BiMart, Dollar Tree, Library, Freddie’s, Grocery Outlet
    Bonus: foggy chilly beachwalk with T and Shadow.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, find those torture bands, budget meeting notes, board meeting minutes, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers), Monday: call Jeanette at Chetco about what codes were used for my annual labs, Wednesday: Grand Jury, county planning office neighbor’s plans, Thursday Shadow and Tumble to Gold Beach shelter for nail trims, Friday: locksmith for mailbox key.
    Active April:
    20: Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move often: Starting with vacuuming, then laundry, then changing linens, then dogs to powerline, then, then…

Shadow is resisting getting into the car. Saturday I practically had to lift/push her in, no treats availed. Monday I had to leash her up and lead her in. I know she’s afraid of the vehicle noises nearby at dog group and on some of the hikes with T. Explained this to T when we met up at the campground parking lot and she suggested that instead we take Shadow to the beach where she could run off leash and romp in the surf. Great idea! Unlike my self-directing terriers, Shadow’s part GSD heritage keeps her checking in, looking to us, running back before ranging out again. She looked so happy it almost brought tears. T encouraged me to explore a little “UP” the path that connects the beach to the Oregon Coast Trail and ends up at Rainbow Rock condos. A little was all I could manage, but her gentle encouragement and patience sure helps me build both confidence and stamina. She never pushes, always stands ready to support and turn back whenever I want to. This is a true friend.

Happy Birthday Terri! Hope it's filled with fun!
    Lisa Cascade hops, YES! My favorite!!! And well-valued by the PNW brewers at least ;)
    Annie, I haven’t tried these mint chip popsicles, but the dark chocolate dipped pops are delish at only 120 C, less than half the calories of a teensy serving of B&J’s NY Super Fudge Chunk (one of my many downfalls.)
    Rebecca like the new profile pic. Your smile says it all. That is one prolific bubble machine ;)
    Heather following your progress with DH closely. Fighting the temptation to sneak into Joe’s man cave and just connect/test the d@mn soundbar, but holding back as he’ll be so proud of himself when he finally figures it out… Which printer did you choose? Price increases and shipping charges would make me mad, except I’d try to see it as a “learning opportunity” for DH. :devil: Not sure you can use the same stick on an Android as an iphone, think the ports are different. You might need to get your own ;) Or just keep using dropbox. The green lane pic really draws me in and your tulips are brilliant. Here are our tulips, will atke a new cistern path pic and post later. “only the vaccinated” ROTFLMAOWMP! 8317coslbiiq.jpg

Debbie and Kim black licorice ice cream sounds about as appealing to me as the garlic ice cream at Gilroy’s Stinking Rose festival.
    Margaret I admire and envy your composting skill. Banana skins would never break down in our mild climate. Do you turn your compost or let nature and the weather take its course?
    Vicki your niece and her other children live 100 miles away from where her 33 week old baby is? Do you live in the town with the hospital? Sorry her father?/uncle? is adding drama not needed at this time.
    Julie could there be something in the MD’s email you need to know now? Like an appointment date/time? Could putting off reading it make you sick with worry? ((hugs))
    Kim I like your bound book idea, but I’d only put the info in one place, then cross reference to save on updating duplicates. e.g. under C for cell phone and P for phone I'd say ’See ATT” ;)
    Michele “…if you value your fingers…” LOL. And now way its already popcorn stringing time… its April, Michele, April! :laugh:
    Allie thankful to hear from you. Sleep sweet and take it easy. Machka makes good points, can you call your Dr or his PA to confirm when you can return to driving? Whoops! ;)
    Tracey thanks for the info about the iphone at one end, usb at the other stick. So far my little 99 cent/month icloud subscription has been more than enough storage for getting photos from iphone to windows laptop. To me its worth the monthly charge for the automatic backup of the iphone ;)
    Pip :love: the pink flamingo. Do you have a plan for cooling off if it gets too hot?
    Machka and Lisa regarding rice I too use brown rice mostly but love sticky Japanese rice so sometimes treat myself. Joe won’t eat brown rice, likes long grain white like Uncle Ben used to cook ;) Ferrero Rochere always look so appealing, until I bite into one and remember I’m not such a fan of hazelnuts… ;)
    KJ I share your leery-ness about the cloud even though I do use it for photos and phone backup. None of our financials are on either phone or any other wireless device. My laptop is hard wire connected to our internet service with wifi turned off and disabled so I feel somewhat comfortable about online banking and purchasing. Just say “NO” to the Apple wallet or any phone based buying, imho. I feel the same way about the smart home devices and Siri, Echo, Hey Google, etc. Big brother IS listening. OMG that water table/wall sounds like just the ticket when the temps and humidity climb!
    Machka congrats on gathering all your uni data and moving it off onto a USB drive. Thirty. I find life totally easier on my laptop with keyboard than any touch screen device. Have I told you lately how badly I suck a touchscreens?
    Katka sad to hear your DS and DDIL won’t be coming this summer but congratulations on their exciting good news!
    Tina glad you never got sliced by that brilliant invention, and never got your fingers frozen to it. I miss my icemaker, but tolerate our plastic-not-solicone trays.

Joe’s on his way back from Medford so if I’m going to finish the “while-he’s’away” chores I’d better get moving.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    April: leaner/stronger/kinder than March.
    daily: sit with Joe: 19, weigh/wii: 19/0/0; steps>5627=11,189 Hooray!, vits=18, log=19, CI<CO=17, CI<250<CO=18, Tumble=21, Shadow=23, mfp=19, outside=25 up hill=25
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=3 dance=1, clean 30 mins=6.33, packwalk=8, wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/4:140.3 :grin: 4/11:140.9 4/18:143.7[sigh] 4/25: 4/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=1, 21 plan= bonus: AF=12 play= sew= waist=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

Barbara, sorry MD is the person's initials, but i switched it to M to avoid that confusion. it's a legal issue, not a medical one! whoops!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Got kicked by one of the horses today when I was letting them into the back pasture. I make them stand still until I get the gate open but then Ruby the Arab went roaring past me through the gate and kicked sideways at me. She caught me just above and behind the right hip. No injuries except a big bruise. I have been icing it off and on this evening.

Terri - Happy birthday!

Allie - take it easy please.

Katla - would your DH be more amenable to traveling in a smaller RV? Maybe he feels there is too much setup, etc. With the big one.

Everyone take care Sue in WA

Wow getting kicked by a horse sounds scary and painful. I hope your bruise heals quickly.
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Barbara - Last night was a lesson in useless anxiety and blaming. No use to anyone, especially me! Staying awake all night recycling thoughts help no one. I know this and I genuinely tried everything, but the only thing that worked was distraction. Never mind. I napped this afternoon.

Tomorrow I will try to install the printer while he is out of the house.

I genuinely love DH. In many ways he is the perfect husband, and I couldn't imagine life without him, but just sometimes...........
    Right now he is patiently washing up my cooking mess. :D It truly is a mess.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    went for little walk plus did 5x 15 minutes cleaning/tidying sessions. 1. mostly scrubbing under kitchen counters. 2. paper stuff and putting away. 3.4.5. sorting out space in bedroom and knarly chords, jacks, etc. :D I have this very top cupboard that i never use since i have to stand on a chair to open it. i realized i had a bunch of big colored unused empty binders i will never use (on the street for some lucky neighbor). and was thus thrilled to free up a chunk of space to lodge a model, that had been lodge on the top of the high narrow bookshelves, that i didn't want to toss, but that i don't want to see on top of the bookshelf. still plenty of space left. Then i resorted and tidied the many chords with twisty ties. this freed up the top of the bookshelves, for nothing or sfor something prettier, and a whole drawer and there is still some remaining space in the high cupboard.
    joy!

order and cleanness can be very appealing!
    Still have a long way to go but am getting there it seems.

Wanted to do yoga and have not yet meditated in writing is poor today.
    i actually found some old "goals" from various times. i though i would consolidate, but only looked at 1 page! i took my old goals and re-wrote them. this is something i do, but i feel like i had some decent clarity today and there was some depth to it.

I guess i can still meditate and do yoga, though it's 8pm.

i've been tending to veg (watch a movie surf online) in evenings since we have been confined after 7pm for many months.

not wanting to finish tracking today but i will.

i had a smallish GF cream pastry today.

maybe i can take notes for 15 minutes.