WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,712 Member
    Options
    Well here it is 2:24 am and im awake. Have gotten up 3-4 times to the bathroom.. im hoping I can go back to.sleep soon.. just took some tylenol.. here is hoping anyway
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Good Thursday,
    My brother and sister in law won't be here until tomorrow evening now. He has a project that gave him some heartache that he needs to get done today. We are at work anyway for 9 hours tomorrow, so that is okay. I joked that now I would have time to dust-lol! Still behind on work. Steve said something about the dust.....my thought was a dust rag fits in your hand too....right? Anyway, Clean sheets, clean bathrooms, clean kitchen, and laundry done- good enough to relax this weekend.
    Need to get work done.
    Healing thoughts.
    ((Hugs))
    Lots of love <3<3<3
    May your day be filled with sunshine and smiles because you are WORTH IT! :)

Love,
    Kylia in cold Ohio
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,901 Member
    Options
    Training for a 5K event toward the end of May ... building up my running ...

9d4jj0chtm1b.png

e2k9d6v4wagf.png
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,712 Member
    Options
    Morning again ladies
    I was thankfully able to go back to sleep, but not until after 4 am,just woke up a few minutes ago,will make myself a cup.of tea..
    With the wind chill its.going to feel like 20s-30s ,hopefully this is it for those temps..will go get the boys outside later on.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    (((MIchele))) letting Denise know you love her and the the door is always open to her may be all you can do at the moment. There are numerous check lists out there that alert someone to if they are in relationship with an abuser. Does she have a close friend that she trusts that could guide her to look at her relationship more closely? Given what you have said it would be hard for her to take this advice from you. She may be in a denial phase too.

I agree Pete's behavior is worrisome. If you suspect that environment is unsafe for your grandson you may need to contact social services. I would tread carefully there and see if there is something else you can do first. Her being so far away makes it hard to access the situation. The top priority is the health and well being of your grandson because he has no voice at his age.

Rambling a bit because my thoughts are mainly on your grandson and what is best for him. Your daughter is an adult and she can chose to live her life the way she sees fit.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,050 Member
    Options
    Yes! No evening snack. I made my calorie limit two days in a row! Let's see what today brings. Besides pollen. Should be a busy day.

Annie in Delaware
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,350 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options

Did Jillian Michael’s Killer Cardio DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Strength Full Body Circuit.

I was thinking about how I would get my exercise in when the job changes. I’ll probably take a walk around the neighborhood on the days I’m working. When it gets hot, I’ll go in the pool and then take the walk. I’m thinking that I’ll probably wear my sunglasses when I’m walking

Today I’m thinking that I’ll go to Aldi early and then Vince wants to cut the grass (weeds) later in the day.

CJ – the weather by me is nuts, too. One day shorts, the next pants. One day short pajamas, the next long.

Tracey – “another sign of abuse is getting the person away from their loved ones”. This is another reason I’m thinking hard. I did tell Vince today that we really need to get a commitment from Denise. And I really feel that if she doesn’t give us the commitment in a reasonable time, we need to say “we’ll be up there xxx” They’re starting to make the schedule for lectors at the church

Margaret – I remember one time when we were in Kennett Square Denise was on the phone with Pete. I don’t remember the specifics, but I remember Vince saying to me (and me agreeing) that he was emotionally abusing Denise. I honestly don’t think she’d confide in anyone, at least not at this point. I would probably need to have concrete proof that PJ or Denise were physically and/or emotionally abused. And even then she’d probably deny it. She did and continues to with Lexi. She has to make the decision to leave the situation. Like you said, we can only let her feel like she can come to us at any time when she decides she wants to. Oh, the joys of parenthood!!!!

Oh, made my majongg proposal and sent it to the other 4 people. The one where I talk about how I live the furthest and recommended we play online where every 5 weeks someone sits out. I did mention that one gal also lives in the mountains and how another gal was able to play from the beach one time and I was able to play from FL because we had our laptops. The one gal said they were talking amongst themselves and would get back to me. So who knows? If they reject it, I just may not go since time-wise, I'm driving 40 minutes to play, at most, 70 minutes. And that's assuming traffic, lights, we only play and don't stop to do things like looking at something someone got. So I guess we shall see. I'm not saying to them that I won't play but I'm thinking that it's really not worth it for me. Especially when I can play for the entire 90 minutes online. Hopefully, the other gals will agree because I really do like the game (and the people)

Michele NC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Good Thursday,
    My brother and sister in law won't be here until tomorrow evening now. He has a project that gave him some heartache that he needs to get done today. We are at work anyway for 9 hours tomorrow, so that is okay. I joked that now I would have time to dust-lol! Still behind on work. Steve said something about the dust.....my thought was a dust rag fits in your hand too....right? Anyway, Clean sheets, clean bathrooms, clean kitchen, and laundry done- good enough to relax this weekend.
    Need to get work done.
    Healing thoughts.
    ((Hugs))
    Lots of love <3<3<3

Love,
    Kylia in cold Ohio

LOL!!! Yes, I would be tempted to obtain a man-sized feather duster and just hand it to Steve with a “Thank You, Sweetheart”! :D:D:D

Karen in Virginia, chuckling at Kylia’s post

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    (((Michele)))
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🌹❤️🌷
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,558 Member
    Options
    Kirby oj7rtiulfy5l.jpeg
    making our last breakfast b4 we finish packing up to head back home. Winds are calm, yeayyyy.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,350 Member
    Options
    Carol GA - I'm thinking that that's the reason I'm having such a hard time getting a commitment from Denise. See, if we say "we're coming up xxx" then if Pete complains, she can blame us.

One other thing I thought of today, the last time we were up there, after Pete left for work (he's gone for 4 days at a time) Vince commented on how much more relaxed Denise seemed. And she did. To me, these are red flags, but I can't force her to do anything.

Michele NC
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,494 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline.
    Bonus: reconciled bank accounts & credit card, completed refi loan application, signed Thrivent beneficiary change forms, dog group
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, Shadow and Tumble to Gold Beach shelter for nail trims, organize invoices and eobs for annual exams, both provider and labs, both Joe and me, find those torture bands, budget meeting notes, board meeting minutes, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers), Friday: call Jeanette at Chetco about what codes were used for both annual labs, locksmith for mailbox key, county planning office neighbor’s plans, next Wednesday: Grand Jury.
    Active April:
    22: Regularly pause to stretch and breathe throughout the day: especially after Gold Beach trip.
    Michele hearing that Pete threw anything or anyone against a wall must eat you up with worry. Does Denise have anyone she can confide in, like Jess or a cousin or a friend? It might be hard to speak freely with you, fearing your Mama Tiger reaction. Could she be afraid CPS might remove PJ if Pete were reported? Pressing her for a commitment might make her feel cornered. Could you just show up? Pray hard and try to convey non-judgemental listening and openness to Denise. :cry: You are so right, you cannot force her to do anything. (((hugs held extra long )))
    Julie, whew! Well done on the tidying to free up more bookshelf space.
    Heather, “… but sometimes…. “ amen, sister, amen!
    Katla would your DH commit to a cross country trip if you bought a smaller RV? Perhaps he wants the security of easily accessible toilet and bed on the road? You could still stay at pet friendly hotels for showers and comfortable sleeping… Hope your deer don’t like tomatoes…
    Rebecca what did your Dr. call the bumps on your hand tendons? Any idea what caused them?
    Kylia your pics are beautiful but made me shiver and turn up the thermostat :laugh:
    Barbie your restraint while Jake demonstrates his new toy is testimony to your spiritual growth ;) Saintly!
    CJ “…put it into the microwave and defrost it” :laugh:
    Tracey that’s way way way too many extra hours of work. Is an end in sight?
    Kylia “…a dust rag fits in your hand too…” so did you hand him one? ;)
    Margaret your “tread lightly” advice to Michele is spot on.
    Welcome @Shy_Yogi ! It’s never too late to join this party. ;) Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?

DrKatiebug missing you!

Lots of (electronic) paperwork yesterday, barely met step goal. Time to get going!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    April: leaner/stronger/kinder than March.
    daily: sit with Joe: 21, weigh/wii: 21/0/0; steps>5627=5657, vits=20, log=21, CI<CO=19, CI<250<CO=18, Tumble=23, Shadow=23, mfp=21, outside=27 up hill=26
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=3 dance=1, clean 30 mins=8.33, packwalk=9, wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/4:140.3 :grin: 4/11:140.9 4/18:143.7[sigh] 4/25: 4/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=1, 21 plan= bonus: AF=13 play= sew= waist=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,558 Member
    Options
    Yogi waiting for us to leave
    n332h6gkmmw0.jpeg
    om32azrtue59.jpeg
    74b0d1c2i3fb.jpeg
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Sue--Sorry to hear about your being kicked, I do hope the bruise is the worst of it.

Machka--Stresslaxing--sounds just like me most the time anymore. Feels better just knowing there is a word for it.

Pip--I sent you a PM about your book, I look forward to reading it. I did read the first one.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3

Are u sure you meant to talk to me? I haven’t written a book, people say I should but I haven’t

I think she meant Lisa.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Good Thursday,
    Need to get work done.
    Healing thoughts.
    ((Hugs))
    Lots of love <3<3<3

Love,
    Kylia in cold Ohio

LOL!!! Yes, I would be tempted to obtain a man-sized feather duster and just hand it to Steve with a “Thank You, Sweetheart”! :D:D:D

Karen in Virginia, chuckling at Kylia’s post

I have said "you know where the cleaning products are."

Tina in CA