WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Options

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Getting a lot of work done on the house (outside) - power washing deck & house, washing outside of windows and screens, replacing cedar siding and deck boards as needed, stain deck, power wash & seal driveway and sidewalk. It’s overdue. Great work ethic - this crew has been working for 11 hours now with only a lunch break! And they are laughing and joking with each other even now, while cleaning up after a long day of work. Amazing.

Karen in Virginia

Would love to get our windows done, but as soon as I do it, it'll rain. Two days ago I washed a window and the following day it spit just enough to make it a mess again. It's frustrating. It has rained about 6 days in the past year.

Tina in CA
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,771 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Michele - you are in a very difficult situation, by just announcing you’re coming if there are troubles, you could be putting her in further trouble. Can you go when he is at work and away?

Barbara - next week is supposed to be a bit calmer for the payroll transition, then we have a lot to do from then until the middle of June. It’s a lot right now, but will save me hours in the end.

Allie - the National Parks sounds like a nice relaxing show to watch. Is it only American parks or other countries as well?

Katla - You mentioned about hearing the Canadian Geese, last weekend when we had our Granddaughter here, she said “oh there’s the honkers” . I had no idea what she was taking about, she told me that is what Nana, her paternal grandmother, calls geese. She also said it about Seagulls, but told me they were greedy.

Vicki - I hope you get some fast results. It’s an all too common problem that elders are abused financially.

Rebecca- I just love Athena, she is so sweet.

Lisa - Levi is adorable too.

I worked almost normal hours today. My regular hours are 8-415. Today I only worked from 745-5. It’s gave me back about an hour and a half of my day.

Warning: There is talk of abuse and suicide in here.
    am very concerned about my cousin that attempted suicide in January. In my opinion, she was never given the opportunity to heal from the emotional and physical pain. She came came home from the hospital and just picked up as if nothing had happened, all while being incredibly verbally abused by her MIL and her husband feeling like she was overreacting to his Mother’s action. Her MIL was finally placed in care about 3 weeks ago, and she has acted as if everything was so much better. Today she updated her profile on FB and although she was smiling and looked beautiful, her eyes weren’t smiling and looked empty. I sent her and text and her response with some more colourful language was that no nothing is all right and it never will be again, but other than that “I’m doing ___ awesome”.

Since his Mother has gone into care her husband has found out about how much he was hated by the man that raised him. He was fathered by another man but did call this man Dad, in my opinion, he didn’t deserve the title. - About 3 years before his Dad passed he found out that he had a biological son and was infuriated with my cousin’s husband that he wouldn’t meet his new brother.

Last week they found a Drs report written a few months before his Dad’s death stating that his Father was concerned about leaving his wife, daughter, granddaughter’s and his son and his family. It want my cousins husband he was referring too. She said that was just one of some terrible things he’s found and I think it is affecting both of them badly.[\spoiler]

My hip and back are hurting so I think it’s time for a hot bath.
    It was plus 21C yesterday and the high today was -1c and snow.
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,068 Member
    Options
    Three days in a row below my calorie limit, and I lost a pound! I know the two things aren't directly related but I will take it. 😊

Had fun horseback riding today. I put little rings on a pole as I trotted past it. 😊

Online dating is going slowly. I wish I had more to say in the chats. I'm not much of a flirt anymore.

Annie in Delaware

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I don’t know why this ended up in the spoiler.

My hip and back are hurting so I think it’s time for a hot bath.
    It was plus 21C yesterday and the high today was -1c and snow.
    Tracey in Edmonton

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options

Vince says, and maybe he’s right, that I’m blowing this up. Then again, is it maybe his logicalness that’s making him the way he is? I don’t know, I know that I’m the emotional one and he’s the logical one. He’s more the A + B = C where as I’m that A + B = C or it could be C+ or C-. Vince left a message for her today (after my hounding) that if she doesn’t give us some dates that maybe while Pete is there so we can see him too (sounds good, not that we really care if he’s there or not) or else we’ll have to pick a date when we’ll come up.

Annie DE – I wouldn’t say that two days of lower calories and weight loss aren’t related! Congrats

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,486 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »

I haven't a clue. If they start to really annoy me I will have her check them again. She just said growths can occur on the tendons and its perfectly normal. My left hand has a small one.

I have small ones too, like calluses, likely from weight lifting so many years. Not like a bodybuilder, but general fitness. However, not to scare you, but my mister's doctor missed Dupuytren's Contracture on him. It's common to northern Europeans (which he is) and can be inherited. If you start to feel your finger pulling inward, it could be that. It's unlikely, but don't dismiss it.

Tina in CA where it's gloomy and windy and much cooler than it should be at this time of year.

Oh very good to know! These aren't really calluses, but a bump under the skin. Like a soft but firm pea. It's not fluid, nor is it painful. Just something I have noticed over the last couple of months. I will definitely keep an eye on it, and will look for gloves for lifting weights.👍
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,486 Member
    Options
    Lisa, oh that sweet Levi!!! So precious!
    Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We had our furnace repaired today. The repairman has helped us with it over the years—competent and thorough. I also had the pleasure of talking with my son. He’s looking ahead to retirement in a couple of years. Grandson is doing okay and DDIL is expecting! Good news!❤️
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,736 Member
    Options
    Well 1:15 am and awake oh well.. im glad right now I dont work and can take a nap,i dont like havingto take naps.but until i go to.sleep center in another month for consult,then sleep.study then if needed order machine.ill have to.do what i have to do..
    Lisa-Levi what a cutie...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,268 Member
    Options
    I've developed one of those bumps on my right palm in the last month. Just suddenly noticed it. I do a lot of rowing and a bit of weights. ;)

I hope today we will get the new printer installed. The mere thought of it makes me nervous. :# I've read the instructions and watched the videos, so will just take it step by step.

One good thing is that recently I've more or less come to terms with my laptop. I used to dread opening it, but now it's becoming more familiar. I feel better now I'm using Chrome usually as the browser.

We've had the quotes from the painter. I expect we will just go ahead with the entry hall and stairs, up as far as you can see from the front door, leaving out the upper landing and upper stairs. We also have to have the floor refinished in the hall, and I can't afford to pay out any more as my share. I'm using the interest I earned from a small investment last year. This year the interest rates are a third of what they were. :'(

Karen - Yes, it's a lovely feeling when you get the right work people. All the people we have had have been amazing!

Tracey - Has your cousin got the inclination to go to counselling with her husband? It sounds as if it might be a really good idea.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Good Friday!
    Quick check in. Migraine, work, sister in law crap, work frustrations, but I am awake, generally healthy, and my brother and his wife will be here tonight! So something to look forward to! I slept from 9-530. May end up going to get the piercings in the ears to see if that helps migraines. My youngest daughter says it helps her.
    Michelle and Tracey- Hugs for a stressful situations! It is hard to watch and not be able to make it better.

Take care ladies. I was making headway at work yesterday until SIL left cause she didn't feel good. Big sigh. Need to get some stuffs done.

LOVES and HUGS and HIGH FIVES!
    Kylia in Ohio where we are having winter morning and Spring evening
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Rebecca - those pink kicks on your Athena are just the bomb, seriously. Our babies are growing so fast!

Yesterday was a bust as far as getting anything accomplished - the UPS guy was due with the delivery of the hot tub we ordered, so I couldn't leave, and just couldn't settle to anything... Had a 10 am to 1:30 p.m. window when it would be delivered, along with another package. At 10 a.m., got note that the smaller package of stuff would be in on Friday (today) instead, and got a note at 2:45 pm that the hot tub delivery would be as well. Would have sent 'em a nasty gram about the notification that came AFTER the delivery window, but honestly, at least the UPS guy can read the number on the mailbox and get packages somewhere near my house. The FedEx lady delivers them to the folks that live up on the hill past us. They've literally driven our packages down twice now.

Anyway... excited about the hot tub, if it ever gets here. We'll have to build a deck for it, but Corey wants to have a tub to relax in so badly that I know it will get built quickly.
    :)

We've discussed this, no joke, for the three years we've lived in the house, but didn't want to spend the thousands of dollars that it costs to buy a new one, and the thought of a used one makes me a little urpy, in all honesty. This is the compromise - it's about half to a third the cost of the big ones, and it's inflatable, so easily assembled and disassembled. They have finally made one that doesn't look like you're sitting inside a big beer cooler, and this one gets good reviews:

v22oktt5hkf0.png

When we moved in, we planned on aging in place, and we knew I was going to need knee replacement, so instead of putting in a tub/shower combo in the main bathroom, we put in a large shower that fit in the same area. The point was that we would put a large bathtub in the master suite that we are still working on. Corey's constant rhythm has always been shower every night except Sunday, where he sits in a tub bath until he wrinkles. He hasn't been able to do that for three long years... We'll have to build steps for me to get in... but I'm willing to build those myself if this thing will help my joint aches even slightly. I'm already maxed on my anti-inflammatories and don't want to move to pain meds.

Wonder how long it will take my husband to set it up on the grass in the area where we plan to build the deck. Just to test it, you know, before we go to all the trouble of making a deck. And then he'll have to get in it anyway, of course, to test it right. I'm thinking Sunday night, he will be sitting in a hot tub...

:smiley:

So... today, I'm getting my shopping done early, and be back in time for the delivery window(s) that begin at 10 and 10:15 a.m. respectively. Today was, by the way, the original delivery date given by Amazon. SNAFU, FUBAR, pick an acronym, any acronym. SMH.

Lisa in AR

Edit to add: It's like the world has spun right back around to my childhood. If we bought anything new, which wasn't much, we ordered anything large from Sears, Roebuck & Co. when I was a child - all our school clothes came in the mail, as well. They would send almost anything in the mail. Life is odd.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,736 Member
    Options
    Well i finally fell back asleep and having a cup of a tea and will watch Touched by an Angel at 8
    Kylia- if I lived closer and was up for it I sure would help out
    Lisa- Hot tub looks great.. i love.them but since heart surgery i dont think ill.be able to use them.anymore..
    Yuck this congestive heart failure sucks ,i get all phlegmy and feel like ill get sick,i have Saltines on hand and zofran if im really woozie that is an expensive prescription but it sure does help.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :) Jake spent over an hour on the phone with a friend in Arizona who knows about Apple computers and got most of his questions answered and problems solved. I went out and worked in the yard so I could guarantee that I would stay out of it. He is very happy with what he can do on the computer.

:) We have had many days of warm sunny weather and I've spread a lot of bark and pulled a lot of weeds. The weekend is going to be rainy so I can get some work done in the house and the garage.

:) This week my dog walking friend's daughter and son in law came for a visit and bought a house a block from her in our neighborhood. They will be moving here from Idaho next month. She is very close to her daughters so it will be easier for her to see them now (the other one lives about two hours away near Seattle). Spending time with her daughters is the thing she has missed most during the pandemic so I am very happy for her.

:)Allie, I listen to podcasts on spiritual topics that appeal to me. I remember that you used to listen to woman with a spiritual message and that helped you before. Can you find her talks or something similar on the internet?

:)Michele. I agree with whoever said that you might be blowing up the story about what's going on with Denise. Keep in mind that your plans to visit her seem, in part, to be affected by Vince's reluctance to leave his holiday decorations in November and December, and now the cats.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,268 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    While DH is out for his walk, I unplugged (with difficulty because the extension cord is behind a gigantic desk) and removed the old printer. Then I took all the bits of blue shipping tape off the new one and managed to plug it in . I had to use tongs to reach the extension!
    That feels like enough excitement for one day! :D
    It looks nice, if rather huge. Now to get DH to read the instructions before we go on to the next step. I've read them several times. And watched videos.
    I can do all these things better than most people, but I get very anxious doing it. Part of my perfectionism, I suppose. If I leave it to DH, he'll skip a step, or not read the instructions properly.
    I remember my elder son and DH trying to attach a video recorder to the TV in the early days. Did they read the instructions? No. Did I have to sort it out? Yes.
    I'm crossing fingers all this goes swimmingly. :D

We've had a very reasonable estimate for the hall and stairs painting. Should be July, with any luck. I also rang the floor sanders this morning and she's coming to estimate on Monday. 10% off in April. DH kindly said he would pay for most of the sanding. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx