WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Busy, busy day.
    DH was out walking and lunching with his cricket friend. I took the day off writing and washed my hair, put on my face and settled down with the instructions for the new printer. Then watched a set up video on YouTube. Then watched again a video on how to link up your phone and tablet.
    I unpacked it and will set it up with DH tomorrow.

Had a crazy Oriental lunch, curry laksa with giant prawns. Nice and spicy. :D Love my solo lunches.

Then Singing Zoom. Couldn't manage to get in on my laptop, so used my tablet. I could only see 4 people at a time, but can scroll through. Good sing song, all by myself.
    Then did some language videos.
    Then DH came home, so we both debriefed.
    Then girlfriends Zoom. Managed to get my laptop to co-operate at last. Chatted about LPA and password stuff. One of my friend's ex husbands has died and her son has inherited a property they used to share, on a Loch in Scotland. They hope to make it a welcoming holiday place for family, like Kylia. Beautiful spot. When they were still married, she hired a seaplane to actually land on the Loch and take them for a flight! The son and family currently live in Australia, but he is coming to Ireland for a university job.

My difficult friend was in her London apartment for the first time in over a year. My best friend finishes work and retires next week! Hooray!
    So lots to chat about. 45 minutes too short.

Easy dinner tonight. Fish soup.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    Just entered California
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Well went and got the boys out.. was here to sign for fed ex delivery.. the endocrinologist wants genetic testing so i got the kit and waiting for someone to call to come and draw blood..
    Im watching national geographic about national parks really enjoying it,reminds me of going to travelogs with my grandma.
    And i am relaxing ,yes im not overdoing.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie: Enjoy your tea. :flowerforyou:

Michele: Margaret has given you excellent advice. Letting Denise know that she is always welcome at your home gives her a safe harbor if needed. You are wise in realizing that that you can’t force her to do anything she doesn’t want to do or isn’t ready to do. :star:

Shy_Yogi: Welcome! Post often and get to know us.. :smiley:

Rebecca: I love this message from you, “Today is a good day for a good day!” I agree. :bigsmile:

Barbara: My husband has suggested a smaller RV several times. It is an open discussion at this point. We have a large storage unit with the RV plus a fishing boat, an inflatable boat, and numerous other items. Neither of us has had the energy to tackle the situation. Eventually we will need to get it done. Our large RV has required a trip to the mechanic after every outing. It is definitely NOT a cheap date. :ohwell:

We have a gray day this morning at 53 degrees Fahrenheit, with a high of 67 degrees by around 3pm. We’ve enjoyed hearing flocks of geese headed north to Canada. We’ve also seen flocks of ducks heading north. We have a good view from bedroom windows. :smile:

Katla in overcast NW Oregon
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Michele--How scary and understand why you are worried and unfortunately that could explain why she is not in contact better. Sending prayers and hugs.

CJ--Sending hugs and prayers.

Pip--Sorry I met Lisa. Shows my mind is not working well lately.

Well got a call from a lawyer with Social Security about my friend and her money. I was so happy to finally hear from someone and it be a live person. I have to send him all the records I have and he will go over it and find out what he can about where the money went and who is going to be accountable for it or get it paid back. As for her stemluis money I have to file with the IRS so will be doing that. I am just so glad someone is doing something.

Leaving work early today as the Orkin man is coming. I am just glad that the tiny ant problem is being taken care of. After this time they will come back every other month for a year just to make sure and I can call if I see any.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Feeling REALLY under the weather this evening.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    cleaning bits today: under a complicated kitchen counter. i can't clean it frequently and boy did it need a once over. sorted wires for new modem. Nailed wire along wall and twist tied the extra wire so it looks quite decent and not too visible rather than a tangle of wires as can easily happen.
    -sorting a bit of papers.

expert came to measure bathroom etc. (after some water damage long ago)
    he was very very chatty. talking about music, boxing and so on. like spent 2x as much time talking about music than working on the estimate.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    i went to an appointment today. the person was late. i really wasn't into it suggested shortening and ending on time (not late because she was late).
    then popped by the only shop open jsut before curfew. a small healthy-ish shop with overè-priced foods. i got some plantain ships, and ate a very tiny bit of fresh goat's cheese.

i feel totally not great.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Vicki - Well done on the friend's sad situation. You are a true friend. I hope they can bring the culprits to justice. <3

Michele - What a difficult situation. If what you suspect is true, she will be feeling crippling embarrassment and shame. That makes it very hard to reach out for help, or even to admit it to yourself. Coercive Control is a crime now over here, and extremely common. One of my good friends was in that situation 20 years ago. It took her a long while to realise that was happening to her. Fortunately, she got away, but it was very, very hard. Even recognising it is hard. Afterwards she could see it clearly.
    I don't have any solutions, but checking it out couldn’t hurt. Book into a hotel and go to see them. Go with an open mind and see what you think on the spot. Even very famous and assertive people have this happen to them. In the UK, Nigella Lawson was one.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Barbara – Denise has alienated Jess pretty well. Jess would call her, no call back (just like with us). When she was home from St. Kitts she went to see PJ after he was born, even before Pete’s brother who lives close by. Now Jess is in Iowa following her dream of being a vet. When Pete went for his captain’s license in Baltimore, at the time Jess was living in Reston so she suggested they get together. Denise never responded. No cousins. I don’t know if she’d confide in any friend. I don’t know of anyone who she has mentioned even. I’ve seen pictures on facebook of people she works with, but that’s it. Thanks for the hug, I can feel it in NC

Shy_Yogi – welcome

Allie – why does the MD want genetic testing? What is he/she looking for?

Katla – that’s why I’m so adamant about going up there. So she knows that we will go out of our way for her and that she can always depend on us

We cut the grass (weeds) today. I got in over 5,000 steps. I was just curious so I wore my pedometer

bananas – feel better. What’s the matter?

Heather – regarding Denise, I’m the person who will go with my gut. Unfortunately, Vince is super logical. He needs absolute proof of things, he just can’t understand how I know certain things about the kids. One time Jess was in trouble and I just knew what the problem was. He couldn’t understand how I knew, but I did.

Michele NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Well, I got an email about my mahjongg proposal. It seems that the majority voted to play in person. Well, most of the players live close by. I was told that one person (and my guess is that it's the gal who has the home in the mountains) wanted a combination of in person and online. So I just told them to let me know when they're playing online. I'm thinking that maybe what I'll do is call Dianne every Monday and ask her if it's online, that maybe she forgot to let me know.

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Genetic testing is for calcium not being absorbed .it has a long long name that i cant remember..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    U
  • grandmallie
    Options
    :)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline.
    Bonus: reconciled bank accounts & credit card, completed refi loan application, signed Thrivent beneficiary change forms, dog group
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, Shadow and Tumble to Gold Beach shelter for nail trims, organize invoices and eobs for annual exams, both provider and labs, both Joe and me, find those torture bands, budget meeting notes, board meeting minutes, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers), Friday: call Jeanette at Chetco about what codes were used for both annual labs, locksmith for mailbox key, county planning office neighbor’s plans, next Wednesday: Grand Jury.
    Active April:
    22: Regularly pause to stretch and breathe throughout the day: especially after Gold Beach trip.
    Michele hearing that Pete threw anything or anyone against a wall must eat you up with worry. Does Denise have anyone she can confide in, like Jess or a cousin or a friend? It might be hard to speak freely with you, fearing your Mama Tiger reaction. Could she be afraid CPS might remove PJ if Pete were reported? Pressing her for a commitment might make her feel cornered. Could you just show up? Pray hard and try to convey non-judgemental listening and openness to Denise. :cry: You are so right, you cannot force her to do anything. (((hugs held extra long )))
    Julie, whew! Well done on the tidying to free up more bookshelf space.
    Heather, “… but sometimes…. “ amen, sister, amen!
    Katla would your DH commit to a cross country trip if you bought a smaller RV? Perhaps he wants the security of easily accessible toilet and bed on the road? You could still stay at pet friendly hotels for showers and comfortable sleeping… Hope your deer don’t like tomatoes…
    Rebecca what did your Dr. call the bumps on your hand tendons? Any idea what caused them?
    Kylia your pics are beautiful but made me shiver and turn up the thermostat :laugh:
    Barbie your restraint while Jake demonstrates his new toy is testimony to your spiritual growth ;) Saintly!
    CJ “…put it into the microwave and defrost it” :laugh:
    Tracey that’s way way way too many extra hours of work. Is an end in sight?
    Kylia “…a dust rag fits in your hand too…” so did you hand him one? ;)
    Margaret your “tread lightly” advice to Michele is spot on.
    Welcome @Shy_Yogi ! It’s never too late to join this party. ;) Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?

DrKatiebug missing you!

Lots of (electronic) paperwork yesterday, barely met step goal. Time to get going!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    April: leaner/stronger/kinder than March.
    daily: sit with Joe: 21, weigh/wii: 21/0/0; steps>5627=5657, vits=20, log=21, CI<CO=19, CI<250<CO=18, Tumble=23, Shadow=23, mfp=21, outside=27 up hill=26
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=3 dance=1, clean 30 mins=8.33, packwalk=9, wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/4:140.3 :grin: 4/11:140.9 4/18:143.7[sigh] 4/25: 4/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=1, 21 plan= bonus: AF=13 play= sew= waist=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

I haven't a clue. If they start to really annoy me I will have her check them again. She just said growths can occur on the tendons and its perfectly normal. My left hand has a small one.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Allie: Enjoy your tea. :flowerforyou:

Michele: Margaret has given you excellent advice. Letting Denise know that she is always welcome at your home gives her a safe harbor if needed. You are wise in realizing that that you can’t force her to do anything she doesn’t want to do or isn’t ready to do. :star:

Shy_Yogi: Welcome! Post often and get to know us.. :smiley:

Rebecca: I love this message from you, “Today is a good day for a good day!” I agree. :bigsmile:

Barbara: My husband has suggested a smaller RV several times. It is an open discussion at this point. We have a large storage unit with the RV plus a fishing boat, an inflatable boat, and numerous other items. Neither of us has had the energy to tackle the situation. Eventually we will need to get it done. Our large RV has required a trip to the mechanic after every outing. It is definitely NOT a cheap date. :ohwell:

We have a gray day this morning at 53 degrees Fahrenheit, with a high of 67 degrees by around 3pm. We’ve enjoyed hearing flocks of geese headed north to Canada. We’ve also seen flocks of ducks heading north. We have a good view from bedroom windows. :smile:

Katla in overcast NW Oregon

To me Kayla, saying that phrase is a great reset. You just have a good day, and that's that.💖👍
    Rebecca
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options

I haven't a clue. If they start to really annoy me I will have her check them again. She just said growths can occur on the tendons and its perfectly normal. My left hand has a small one.

I have small ones too, like calluses, likely from weight lifting so many years. Not like a bodybuilder, but general fitness. However, not to scare you, but my mister's doctor missed Dupuytren's Contracture on him. It's common to northern Europeans (which he is) and can be inherited. If you start to feel your finger pulling inward, it could be that. It's unlikely, but don't dismiss it.

Tina in CA where it's gloomy and windy and much cooler than it should be at this time of year.