WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    I'm getting better about closing that eating window and nailing it shut! Today will be day four under calories, and I had the small spinach cucumber broccoli salad again. There were potato chips on the table, but not for me!

I always have calorie trouble on Sunday. We have a big family dinner. I have to decide how to handle it - can I afford to do Sundays don't count? Or just smaller portions. Or skip breakfast. Hmm.

Michele, hugs to you. Such a difficult situation.

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a Strength Full Body Circuit DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Firm Cardio Overdrive DVD

Rebecca – could those be ganglion (not sure of the spelling) cysts? I remember a while ago Denise had something like that.

Lisa – I’ve never seen a spa like that! Thanks for the pic. Really hope it helps you

kylia – in all honesty, it seems that elderly (retired) people have a better work ethic. I see it all the time at Food Lion. Honestly, I seen people standing around. Me? Three minutes of doing nothing is about my limit. I’m not ADHD but there is no way I could have stood there for 4 hours saying “Would you like a mask”? I would, literally, be bored to tears. Can you possibly have two elderly people, each part time but those hours would equal full time? (((HUG)))

Allie – I know you would help kylia if you could. That’s just you.

Barbara – it would be nice to see Pete, even if it’s only for Denise’s sake. Truthfully, if he’s not there, we’re not going to be upset. We won’t go out of our way NOT to see him, but if it works out that we don’t...oh well. At least we got to see Denise and PJ

MyTwoHorses – welcome!

I’m thinking that after I’m here, I should go out for a walk. It’s supposed to rain tomorrow so I won’t be able to get out unless it’s early before the rain

They had chili and broccoli salad for lunch at the soup kitchen. Honestly, we weren’t that busy. I am surprised that that was all they gave them. I would have expected at least a sandwich, but that’s just me.

Michele NC

Mine don't feel fluid filled. I don't have any pain. I will keep an eye on them.👍 Thank you for your imput.👍💕
    Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Pip- Yogi's gonna love that lol
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Beautiful fireplace, Pip. It looks great and makes the house homey. I think you and Kirby will really enjoy it.

How many minutes do you guess Yogi can take the heat before he moves somewhere else?
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day -

Walk w/yogi- 2hrs 15min 54sec, 3.52ap, 120elev, 100ahr, 139mhr, 8.18mi= 816c
    Strava app = 991c

While in Vegas, one day 4mi walk, next 6mi walk

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Lisa: We’ve had a dehydrator for a long time. We most often use ours for herbs—parsley, sage, Rosemary, thyme & chocolate mint. It has been fun for me & adds interesting flavors to our cooking. Not only that, but the memories of seeing Simon & Garfunkle live at the University of Oregon in times long ago adds a smile for my garden herbs. B)

herbs is one thing I haven't done in my dehydrator(except catnip) but boy is mine still getting a workout- candied ginger, pineapple, apples, mango going in tomorrow- just took the last batch of ginger infused pineapple and regular pineapple out this morning. Should have done the mango right after but too lazy.
    I am hoping the Mexican store will have the small mango on sale soon(for Cinco de Mayo) like they usually do- 4 for $1. The ones I have now were 2 for $1 but a little bigger(but bigger seed inside)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,488 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: typed hymns, BiMart, Grocery Outlet, Freddie’s, called locksmith.
    Bonus: Dollar Tree, Big 5, Wal~Mart, Safeway.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, organize invoices and eobs for annual exams, both provider and labs, both Joe and me, find those torture bands, budget meeting notes, board meeting minutes, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers), Monday: return mortgage call, county planning office neighbor’s plans, call Jeanette at Chetco about what codes were used for both annual labs, next Wednesday: Grand Jury, Friday: locksmith for mailbox key.
    Active April:
    24: Go out and do an errand for a loved one or a neighbor: Joe’s surprise from Wal~Mart.

Activity center locked so no T’ai Chi today ;{
    Welcome @MyTwoHorses ! We’re happy you found us. Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?
    Katla did your DH’s virtual appointment include video or was it audio only? Joe had a phone visit with the PA yesterday, he’s not ready for FaceTime … ;) How jealous I am of your live Simon and Garfunkle memory ;)
    Lisa “… levitate and walk on water” perfectly describes the last time I floated in the Russian River (sometime in the 50’s). In my case it was probably a stick… but I thought a fish had bitten my butt.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    April: leaner/stronger/kinder than March.
    daily: sit with Joe: 23, weigh/wii: 23/0/0; steps>5627=7520 :smile:, vits=22, log=23, CI<CO=21, CI<250<CO=18, Tumble=24, Shadow=25, mfp=23, outside=28 up hill=27
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=3 dance=1, clean 30 mins=8.33, packwalk=9, wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/4:140.3 :grin: 4/11:140.9 4/18:143.7[sigh] 4/25: 4/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=1, 21 plan= bonus: AF=15 play= sew= waist=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Saturday -- good bicycle ride. :)

bmlmlmcbz77x.png

Machka in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your words of encouragement! I made it through work yesterday in spite of Sister in law leaving at 3. It was a hard one, but is now done. My brother and his wife made it in about the same time we got home. We shared pizza on my back porch- YAY! Got to take advantage of new furniture. Afterwards, Jacki and I sat in the living room drinking wine and having our round about conversations until 11:30. I know, migraine and red wine, but you know what, I already had the migraine , still have the migraine, but my soul is much happier today! Just time with J & J make me better! Her zest for life and family, her sense of adventure in all things, her energy is so positive! My brother is also a positive person most of the time, but he is definitely like me. Jacki calls it our Givens sense of duty and guilt. :wink: Gotta get it done and done right and please most people. They have been married almost 33 years and it is the best marriage I have ever witnessed. I am so blessed to be part of their family!
    Plans today......work, then pick up husband's new car, then dinner at my favorite mexican restaurant, then hang time!

Y'all are all right about folks not wanting to work for multiple reasons. I was raised that if you wanted it, you worked for it. I don't understand the attitudes these days. My favorite statement though has to be, but I work the same hours as you do. Yep. So does the doctor, dentist, repair man,etc. If you need it, you will find a way. "Can't you stay open longer?" Sure! When I find 5 more employees willing to work!''

Speaking of work, better get my day started!

<3
    Kylia in Ohio still with migraine, but a much calmer soul
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    A cloudless day dawned, so I decided to go out early for a 5k run.
    Around 30 swimmers, including some Lifeguards training in their orange hats and with floats.
    A big group of yummy mummies having a yoga class on the café decking.
    Lots of fishermen, with their little tents and big rods.
    Two paddleboarders.

On the way home I stopped at the deli to buy rolls for the kids tomorrow. Picked up some luscious strawberries at a ridiculous price, but the kids love them. Added several more impulse purchases and did DH a favour by picking up our Saturday newspaper and milk. That's normally his job. Had to balance all this for the last hundred yards as I hadn’t brought a bag with me. :p

Cleaner comes today, so we both did a quick tidy up. Then DH made coffee and I did 25 minutes rowing to get my 600 calorie burn done.

Still got to sort out the printer and make a final decision on the LPA.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Over 200 posts!!! Caught up, but no time for comments as I have to go down to our local shops for Sunday roast and fresh bread.

Have been busy doing garden stuff and all my usual things. Had a lovely birthday, with the usual bounce up in weight, which has settled back down again.

🥰 Athena and Lexi photos.

More later.

☘️ Terri
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies
    I got up 3-4 times to pee last night which isnt unusual.. i find that if I have dreams I sleep better ,go figure
    Put the meal worms out and of course the squirrel is out there being a piggy.
    I cant wait until I get Alfie back,I am tired of being alone.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Allie. - I bet you do miss Alfie!

Heather. - I should have paid attention to your comments about Freecycle years ago. Freecycle and Buy Nothing have been a huge help to me recently. I posted a pair of weathered concrete knee-high Grecian urn planters on Buy Nothing 10 minutes ago and 2 people have already responded! I love seeing stuff go to people who will appreciate it. I really like that the giftees will haul away heavy items like these that would otherwise present a disposal problem.

Karen, smiling in Virginia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Karen - we got rid of a huge wardrobe and glass cabinet that were worth nothing, but a pain to take to the dump. Impossible for us. Your urns sound great though! They would probably sell for good money, if you could be bothered. The best item I put on Freecycle was the travel cot , plus linen. The woman who came was a childminder, getting a new baby,so she was over the moon. I gave her my picture book, Well I Never, and she sent me a video of her kids reading it. I also did a Wanted call and got a perfect bedside table, that I love. Round here you could easily furnish a whole house. You have to be very quick off the mark though. Good stuff goes in a flash, literally minutes after putting it on! :D Sometimes I had barely sat down!
    I know I could have sold a few of the things, but I honestly haven't got the energy. As you say, this way they just come and take the d....d stuff away! Even if a couple of them sell it on afterwards, which must happen occasionally, it's out of the house. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Terry!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Beautiful fireplace, Pip. It looks great and makes the house homey. I think you and Kirby will really enjoy it.

How many minutes do you guess Yogi can take the heat before he moves somewhere else?

I am not sure, he likes to lay down on the loveseat with me in the morning